• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does RCI ever "auto-confirm" a match?

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an RCI ongoing search that matched with something last week. I never confirmed it. Today, after logging in, I noticed that the match (from last week) was confirmed.

I just want to make sure that this does sometimes happen! I'm 99% sure that I did not confirm it myself -- and even went into my email inbox to check for any confirmed/hold messages -- there are none! There is only a message that RCI opened an ongoing search for me.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When you had an ongoing match, RCI's procedures have been as follows:

• If the search as for a geographic area, RCI would make the match on-line but drop it at the end of the next business day if you failed to confirm.
  • If the ongoing search listed specific resorts, RCI would make the match, and automatically confirm the match at the end of the next business day if you didn't decline.

The rationale, of course, is that if you asked for a specific resort and check-in day, a match on those terms is presumably acceptable.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
They do auto-confirm, but still allow you to cancel with no penalty if you don't want it when you get the letter.

Sheila

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation.

I just think it is odd that I had the option to confirm (it was already on hold) yet RCI decided to auto-confirm anyway.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
From my 20 years, my knee-jerk reaction to reading the topic is sure, that's what on ongoing search is, to confirm what you requested when you started the search. But it's been so many years since I trusted our vacation to the computer, and there were so many disappointments when I did, that I can't give what actually happens in an ongoing search anymore. Well, other than they take your money first, before they start looking. ;)

I vaguely recall that part of the process back then was that nothing was supposed to be confirmed until you accepted it, that they promised to call to see if you wanted any matches.

But from occasional posts saying unwanted exchanges have been confirmed, I would say that unwanted exchanges get confirmed.

Last edited:

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
But from occasional posts saying unwanted exchanges have been confirmed, I would say that unwanted exchanges get confirmed.

One of my nicest RCI surprises was when I opened my mail one day and there was an RCI confirmation for a week grabbed with an ongoing search I hadn't thought about or checked on in a while.

I'm pretty certain Madge has stated that requests for a specific resort WILL be auto-confirmed as mentioned above.

Sheila