• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Banking a week expiring soon

Wishiwasatthebeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have not enrolled yet and am new to timeshare. I am close to purchasing Cliffs Club Princeville # 5124 Plumeria season (week 17-34) which expires soon in August. Seller has not used nor reserve week with Cliffs yet. Assuming seller reserve a week for next month (it takes the resort 10 days to process request):

When I join RCI, can I bank this week asap or is it too late in the game for RCI to find a rentor/exchanger to use the August arrival date?

If it's not too late and seller is not RCI member, how do I put in a request to RCI for an exchange next year since the deed is not in my name yet? I guess my question is : does RCI verify with Cliffs that seller/person making reservation is the legit. owner? How soon can I request an exchange for next year using this year's banked week?

Thanks.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Hi,
I have not enrolled yet and am new to timeshare. I am close to purchasing Cliffs Club Princeville # 5124 Plumeria season (week 17-34) which expires soon in August. Seller has not used nor reserve week with Cliffs yet. Assuming seller reserve a week for next month (it takes the resort 10 days to process request):

When I join RCI, can I bank this week asap or is it too late in the game for RCI to find a rentor/exchanger to use the August arrival date?

Do NOT pay the maintenance fees for 2007 because you will NOT be able to use the week. By the time you close your sale it will "probably" be too late to deposit it with RCI. They require you deposit no later than 14 days in advance of your use date.

If it's not too late and seller is not RCI member, how do I put in a request to RCI for an exchange next year since the deed is not in my name yet? I guess my question is : does RCI verify with Cliffs that seller/person making reservation is the legit. owner? How soon can I request an exchange for next year using this year's banked week?

Thanks.

You CAN"T put in a request with RCI until you own the resort. Yes, RCI will contact the resort to verify ownership. Did you really think otherwise??? Ask seller if he is a member & if so he can deposit the week. Or buy some last minute plane tickets & use the week yourself. :)

Phil

Wishiwasatthebeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Philemer

I was not clear in my earlier post. Seller paid '07 fee. When I made the offer, I did not factor that supposedly "free week" into my amount. So I don't think I will overpay.

He's not an RCI member, I don't think. It will be unused then. No big deal. Thanks for your response about the 14 days rule.

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not rent the week out on Ebay? Or, post the rental here on TUG in the Last minute rents section.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
The operative wording in the OP is close to purchasing.

I take that to mean have not even started the purchasing process yet.

So, as others have said, since the current owner has not deposited it, a week with a use date in the next month is off the table, not part of the possible purchase.

It is the present owner's week to do or not do something with.

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP did ask a question about "Banking a week expiring soon". But, yes, until the purchase is complete, there is no banking when the OP does not even own it yet.

It is possible that a customer friendly exchange company would work with you to bank the week (i.e. SFX, but NOT RCI...) before the closing. But it would have to be an acceptable deposit, not expired (check-in date has not passed) and the owner of the week would have to agree. I have heard that SFX will work with you in such a situation. I'd give them a call to see.

www.sfx-resorts.com