• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to Use iOS 7

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded this AM on my iPad 2 and not sure what to think so far. My wife called it "crispy", which I think is a fairly accurate description of the new fonts etc...:p:)

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I also cannot figure out how to search for text on a web page. Looks like they removed that functionality.
”On this page" is still there! It is located as the very last category of search results. Keep scrolling down ... down ... Voila!

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
”On this page" is still there! It is located as the very last category of search results. Keep scrolling down ... down ... Voila!

Ohhh, I see. It took awhile to comprehend what you were referring to, but I got it now. Thanks. That said, what they did sucks. I miss being able to see the actual page and initial match while I am searching for text. I want IOS6 back.

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont like it

I dont care for the font. I cant make it bold

The icons are awful

Now I receive an email from my daughter. On my yahoo account on the computer it shows from her email address.

on my phone it shows from her cell number UHHHH she is traveling out ofcountry an doesnt have her cell on her.
I respond to her from my iphone but it looks like it went to her cell number

How could that be ??

so I check my computer and my response is to her at her cell number but shows email address

I know this is probably confusingto anyone reading this

what he heck wish i could get back the older version

So on my iphone, i deleted her cell phone number from my email contacts

The email response to her that i sent earlier from my iphone, I now forwarded it to her from the computer to see if she received it.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not like the new style either. Why should I have to?

The old versus new are based on radically different design approaches, neither of which is right or wrong. IMHO, it simply comes down to individual tastes and preferences. When I bought my iPad, I bought into long established Apple design principles. I was sold on the rich, elegant and ornate styling that up to now kept improving with each upgrade of iOS, a style which rendered fancy graphics and icons beautifully on my retina screen. The new style is a radical departure from the Apple I know. I wish I could revert back. I hate the 'look' of the upgrade. It is simply not my style of choice. Not even close.

Apple isn't the first company to force major new UI style shifts on users, instead of expanding choices and/or giving customers more options to adjust style settings and features back to established design patterns that the user prefers. Facebook with Timeline, Microsoft with Win 8 loading up to start screen only (no starting in desktop mode), etc.

I guess well, then, whatever. Apple just relinquished a major product styling differentiator. Style-wise, Apple is not 'thinking different' now, instead it is playing catch up to 'think the same' and imitate the look I can already buy cheaper with Android and Windows phone. I see no reason to buy a new iPhone or iPad. Apple just lost me here, big time! I hope they don't do the same to my Mac Mini OS.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just posted this directly on the apple message board and it got deleted within 5 minutes. Here's the email with the post and the reason for deletion.

Dear,

Apple removed your post titled, "iOS 7 is just plain butt ugly! ," because it contained non-constructive rants or complaints.

Our terms of use, which include helpful information about using Apple Support Communities, is located here: https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/tou.html. We encourage you to continue using the Apple Support Communities while abiding by our terms of use.

We are including a copy of your post at the end of this email for your reference.

If you would like to send feedback to Apple about a product, please use the appropriate selection here: http://www.apple.com/feedback
As part of submitting feedback, please read the Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy linked to the feedback page.

Best Regards,
Apple Support Communities Staff

++++++++++

This message is sent from a send-only email account. Any replies sent to this address are deleted automatically by the system.

-------------------------------------------------------

A copy of your message for reference:

Oh Johhny, what have you done? I much preferred Scott's Skeuomorph design style for iOS! You guys are making yourself to look more like that cheap knockoff of Android! I know you all hate Scott, but please please please go back to the beautiful design and styling of previous versions of iOS!

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
After playing with iOS 7 a couple of days, so far, it's OK, but I am not thrilled, nor am I like the little crying kid on YouTube! ;)

But I notice two things:

1) Is it me or does it drain my battery quicker? My gut is saying that the battery is draining quicker now, but it's subjective so far.:confused:

2) One App (EcoFactor, for our thermostats) did not work, whereas in v 6 it worked just fine, guess the bug needs to be tweaked.

Other than that it's OK, but again I am not going ga-ga over it...:)

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to move the icons on your home page. Mine are in different places and I can't move them like I could before I upgraded.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to move the icons on your home page. Mine are in different places and I can't move them like I could before I upgraded.

They move the same way like before as far as I can tell. Tap an icon and hold until they start shaking. Then move them around.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The battery does seem to be draining quicker. But right now the thing that is really irking the hell out of me is Safari. The frequency with each tab refreshes is absolutely infuriating. When I switch between tabs, if i take longer than about ten seconds to return to a prior tab, it begins reloading. Not to mention other little bugs I am discovering with Safari. I am going to search for another browser in the app store, and I hope they will not be subject to the same crap i am dealing with in Safari.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The battery does seem to be draining quicker. But right now the thing that is really irking the hell out of me is Safari. The frequency with each tab refreshes is absolutely infuriating. When I switch between tabs, if i take longer than about ten seconds to return to a prior tab, it begins reloading. Not to mention other little bugs I am discovering with Safari. I am going to search for another browser in the app store, and I hope they will not be subject to the same crap i am dealing with in Safari.

I like Mercury. There's also a Chrome, but I haven't used that in iOS too much.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to go back to ios6? I officially hate ios7.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least you iPhoners got Control Center. That's certainly a step in the right direction.

Can't you just change the background and icons from 7 back to 6? Seems simple enough. They're just images.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I miss the iOS 6 Calendar "Year" view that showed me a stop-light chart of sorts based on overloaded life. The current "Clean Slate" view is no help for planning purposes! Ugh.

On the other hand, I like that the calendar now scrolls through time rather than flipping pages and pre-defined intervals (months/years).

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
iOS7 and iPhone 5s

well, I guess I am in the minority here but after downloading the iOS 7 to my ipad 2 I was so impressed I broke down and last Friday went out and bought a 36gig iPhone 5s..... love it, seems sleek and modern... I even went out of the Verizon store and synched the phone up to my Ford Sync with no problem... Having a 64gig ipad2 I knew I could put less on the phone... my kids had been trying for a year or so to get me to go to the dark side and buy Apple since I had a Droid Razr Max. The reason I changed was after a year with the Droid the wifi quit working and even after cleaning it out etc... it ran slow... likes of the Droid was the size of the Screen, easy:) to use.... but I DO also like the 5s because its smaller and easier to put in a pocket etc... I know I am rambling but I love tech and iOS7 and the new iPhone 5s are AWESOME.... Dave

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still noticing the quicker battery drain on my iPad 2. Just curious if anyone else is noticing this???? :confused:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
you guys crack me up... iOS7 is far better

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Better is in the eye of the beholder.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still noticing the quicker battery drain on my iPad 2. Just curious if anyone else is noticing this???? :confused:

Yes, I notice it also.

you guys crack me up... iOS7 is far better

Yep, so much so that I'm going to sell my ipad 2 that I formerly loved for over the last two years and get the new Kindle HDX that comes out next month.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I haven't noticed any difference in battery drain on my iPad 2, but then I'm always closing apps I don't use and Bluetooth is shut off, it's a wifi only model so I don't have all the phone chips etc using power. I like the new running apps scrolling view, just flip them up to close instead of having to hit the red x. I've had it on since it was available, no regrets here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD