• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New England coast and Niagara Falls, Canada

xnavyss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Minute Suggestions or Advice Requested.

We will be Leaving in about 12 days from now, for a trip to

Wyndham Newport Onshore, Newport, RI, then off to
Club Geo Premiere, Saint Hippolyte Quebec, Canada, followed by
Niagara Falls, Ontario, then to the
Amish Community in Berlin, Ohio
then home to the Panhandle of Florida.

Any last minute suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Hope your trip was great... what did you think of Club Geo Premiere, Saint Hippolyte Quebec, Canada and the surrounding area? I'm planning a roadtrip from Chicago to there and back for October, and was wondering if its worth the drive (~14 hours).

Thanks!

xnavyss

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be honest, We personally did not think much of Club Geo Premiere.

We did the upgrade (extra points) so that we could get a Washer and Dryer. When we entered into our unit, we could not find the Washer and Dryer. We called and was told they are located in the shared area between the 2 units.

The other thing we did not like was where you had to park. The parking, handicap or not, was down a steep hill. I went back to the office and they changed us to another unit, still with W/D between the 2 units, but parking was still around and towards the end of the building, but was not down a steep hill.

I also thought this was a Wyndham, - Should have read because it WAS NOT.

Most of the people were nice, but the majority pointed out they were French Canadians and their language was French.

We then drove towards Toronto and Niagara Falls and found the majority of the people spoke only English. The two providences appeared to us to be so different.

I do not want to even get into our issues with getting into Canada from Vermont. We were asked numerous questions and then asked to pull over where they searched our entire car.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
xnavyss, it is too bad you did not have a lot of info about Club Geo Premiere before you arrived there. That whole area is very tourist oriented, and I am surprised about your comments about the language. First of all, Quebec is a French speaking province, and Ontario is more English speaking. Knowing a few French words, like bonjour (hello), merci(thank you), and then asking if the person speaks English might have helped.

That whole area is the lower Laurentians, and therefore most hotels are built partially on hills, as depicted in their Photos online. Unfortunately, if someone has a walking problem, staying anywhere in the Laurentians could be a challenge.

To Myxdvz, if you are planning a drive to that area, it is absolutely lovely in the fall,with the fall leaf colours. If you are interested in doing some hiking and visiting the towns in the area, this is the place. There are also some excellent restaurants.

dwojo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to Quebec often and have found many of the people to be a bit snobbish if you do not speak French. The people in Ontario tend to be very open and friendly.

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Interesting comments. As a Canadian I was somewhat shocked that a number of the sales clerks at large department stores in Florida have a hard time understanding English (i.e. they speak Spanish). Just curious as to what customs issues did you encounter?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Hi!

Hope your trip was great... what did you think of Club Geo Premiere, Saint Hippolyte Quebec, Canada and the surrounding area? I'm planning a roadtrip from Chicago to there and back for October, and was wondering if its worth the drive (~14 hours).

Thanks!

If you're thinking of driving all the way to St-Hippolyte but haven't reserved yet, I would suggest going somewhat further (about another hour) and going to Mont Tremblant instead. There are more/better lodging choices than Club Geo available. The ski lifts will bring you to the top of the mountain to view the fall colours, there is a provincial park close by for hiking etc., there are also several golf courses, hiking trails and other types of outdoor activities if that is your thing. Montreal is about 90 minutes away (an easy day trip) and worth taking the time to visit. I would not be very concerned about being understood in English in either area. Tremblant is an international-class resort and Montreal has a very large bilingual population (in fact you can hear people speaking English all around you as you walk downtown...).

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
xnavyss...while Club Geo was a disappointment, I hope you enjoyed the whole Saint-Hyppolyte/Saint-Sauveur area. It is spectacular in fall colours had you gone at that time. We just came back from Niagara Falls where we hadn't been in 10 years even though we are within 3 hrs drive. It is just spectacular as I first saw it many years ago as a teen. This time wineries were high on the weekend visit.
We are off to Newport Wyndham Onshore in a month. Did you post a review on the US Eastern region threads?