• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hgvc and RCI points (DVC)

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

If I decided to deposit my points with RCI and use them towards a vacation to a DVC resort. How many points would a 2Br or 3Br normally require?

According to HGVC rules a 2br ranges from 2400-4800 and a 3br ranges from 2900-5800.

Is the end of the range decided by the season you travel so high season is always 4800 for a 2br?

Regards.

Jk1970

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look on the RCI site and find the disney hotel you want which I find really difficult you can see how many points are needed but only if it's got room space, I am having issues even finding any Disney hotel has any space.

Found saratoga springs needs 3400 points for one week in a 1 bedroom room from the 14th of September for a week.

Last edited:

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
HGVC points to RCI are a set amount: 3400 HGVC points for a 1 BR in RCI, 4800 points for a 2 BR and 5800 for a 3BR in RED season. Lesser amounts of points for lower seasons.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I see. That's why the points range between the different amounts.

I know that DVC has a policy that restricts TS owners in 30 miles around a DVC resorts from being able to exchange into a DVC resort through RCI. Does this also go for HGVC? I mean when you deposit your points are RCI able to "see" if those points come from a HGVC resort in Orlando or Vegas?

Regards

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Ok I see. That's why the points range between the different amounts.

I know that DVC has a policy that restricts TS owners in 30 miles around a DVC resorts from being able to exchange into a DVC resort through RCI. Does this also go for HGVC? I mean when you deposit your points are RCI able to "see" if those points come from a HGVC resort in Orlando or Vegas?

Regards

No, can't "see" because it's the corporate HGVC to RCI account, we all use the same one. HGVC only passes how many point you have, just what you see on the RCI portal screen, nothing about your ownership.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
No, can't "see" because it's the corporate HGVC to RCI account, we all use the same one. HGVC only passes how many point you have, just what you see on the RCI portal screen, nothing about your ownership.

Becuz its HGVC's account and what HGVC provides to RCI in exchange for bookings is up to HGVC (not us), where any one of us owns does not matter. If HGVC switched from a single corporate account to individual HGVC accounts, it might be different. But HGVC is not about to lose control of the inventory which they now hold.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok thanks for all of your replies.

regards.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Becuz its HGVC's account and what HGVC provides to RCI in exchange for bookings is up to HGVC (not us), where any one of us owns does not matter. If HGVC switched from a single corporate account to individual HGVC accounts, it might be different. But HGVC is not about to lose control of the inventory which they now hold.

It's pretty obvious from the bulk deposits that HGVC does not deposit 1 for 1 into RCI based on the ownership of the points used, they just dump where they have oversupply. I found an interesting disclosure doc that listed the resorts unit counts and ownership numbers, some very interesting stats.