• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you excited about your $12

Reaction score
So RCI finally reaches its settlement with timeshare owners...... we get an earth shattering $12 if you are a current active points system owner with RCI. ANNNNND..... they get validation to keep doing what they have been doing.
=
And this is the reason why timeshare gets a bad name (deservedly).
=
Oh, I am about to order a Papa John's pizza.... now my $12 is gone!

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, but this is probably $11 more than you could get if you tried to sell your TS!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to buy a handful of ebay timeshares with my bonus... :)

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
$12

and everytime some one Sue's they raise the exchange fee's and any other fee they can,then keep doing business as usual ,mean while the members get $12 and the lawyers get $12,000,000 now who benefited from this one again, wonder who and what the next person is goning to sue for.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The only losers in a class action lawsuit are the winners. Everyone screams class action but the dream and the reality are far apart. Anymore is become a legalized form of a shake down propigated by a few lawyers that every business just figures into their costs.

BTW, I only was offered $10 because we voted with our wallets and our feet a few years back. We no longer have a personal account with RCI and have saved the membership fee for approx. 6 years now. If more RCI members withheld their money from RCI for only a couple of years, things would change much faster than any class action filed against them. As it is, the price of doing buiness with RCI just went up. Enjoy your $12.

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thrilled with this outcome. Not for the $12 I will receive, but for the fact that forevermore, we have proof beyond any reasonable doubt that legal action against timeshare companies you don't like will yield nothing. The best course of action is when you determine you don't like a company any longer, just don't do business with them.

jbiza

TUG Member
Reaction score
...$12 reinvested in TUG. ROI =priceless!!

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
So even if you are not an active member of RCI you get $10?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

They've sent me an E-mail and a post card offering $10. I deleted the E-mail and threw the post card away.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

No and if you live in Canada you're not eligible even if all you points are connected to resorts in the US. But that's usual for RCI. I probably wouldn't bother anyway for $12.

Lynn

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah and I had a RCI weeks account before i let it lapse.