• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tradewinds cruise club- multiple cabins

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to take a trip with Tradewinds Cruise Club next year with two friends. Is there any way to accomplish this other than booking it through Tradewinds at full price? First of all, would two of us ladies be able to share one cabin? And is there any way to get a second one on the same boat? I know RCI doesn't allow you to book 2 exchanges. Is that their rule or twcc"s? could I possibly get another one through SFX or through an owner? One of my fiends has a relative with an RCI account who could book a cabin for her, but is there a way to know if it would be the same boat?

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
That is Tradewinds cruise rules and they do enforce it. You could get another RCI member to book a cabin on the same dates. Or you could rent a cabin from a TW owner. Then you could email or call TW, I am sure they would likely put all of the inbound exchangers on the same boat. They usually get the classic class boats. Occasionally they get an upgrade to a new boat. But only if there is only a cancellation or empty cabin on the newer boat. But with 2 cabins that is likely not going to happen. But I am sure they would ensure that you are both book on the same boat. They are pretty easy to work with. Sharing a cabin with 2 women is fine, but you will not have much privacy or space, just be aware. But you likely will only change, shower and sleep in your cabin. Everything else you do on deck or in the salon.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked a cabin on a BVI Tradewinds trade with RCI right after our friends booked the same date. Before confirming, I called TW and asked if we would be put on the same boat. They assured us that we would, so we booked it. Like you, we wanted to go with friends and had looked into booking directly with TW. So, for us, this trade will work out, but you have to be lucky to find multiple RCI openings for your date.

socalnewf

Reaction score
We did this last year on Tradewinds, we booked one cabin through exchange then booked the other through a member referral. You would need check dates available on RCI (either exchange or extra vacation) then contact Tradewinds to see if another cabin is available through a referral. The referral price is a reduced rate at approx $2500 (give or take) which includes the AI fee. To get a referral, look up Tradewinds Cruise Club on Facebook and ask for a referral, you will get plenty of folks willing to help out. Good Luck!

socalnewf

Reaction score
We did this last year on Tradewinds, we booked one cabin through exchange then booked the other through a member referral. You would need check dates available on RCI (either exchange or extra vacation) then contact Tradewinds to see if another cabin is available through a referral. The referral price is a reduced rate at approx $2500 (give or take) which includes the AI fee. To get a referral, look up Tradewinds Cruise Club on Facebook and ask for a referral, you will get plenty of folks willing to help out. Good Luck!!

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
# of cabins

We just returned from a Cruise Class Tradewinds boat (Coral Dream) and there were 6 cabins. One was for the Captain and First Mate. The other 5 were for the passengers. 12 on board total.