• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Timeshares Have 2 or More Bedrooms (II)? [Hilton Head]

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
I'm going to be putting in an ongoing search for next year in Hilton Head. My niece is getting married, and she and my sister will be staying with me for the week prior, so I'll need a unit with at least two bedrooms. I'll be exchanging my one bedroom Maui Ocean Club, and apparently I will be given another one bedroom unless the timeshare I request has only units with two (or more) bedrooms. How do I find out which timeshares this includes? Is there someplace that lists how many bedrooms each timeshare has?

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Use Intervals Online Directory. It's a little tedious but since you will only be searching Hilton Head it shouldn't take you too long.

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I made this list a while back--maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Can't tell how out of date it is, but it might be a start for you.

II Resorts only 2BR (or 3BR)

NCV Newport Coast villas, CA
MAW,MA1 Waiohai, Kauai, HI
MKI Kauai Lagoons, HI
MLE Legend Edge, FL
MCP Cypress Harbor, FL
MIP Imperial Palms, FL (only 3BR)
MRP Royal Palms, FL
MSP Sabal Palms, FL
MEM Club Son Antem, Spain
DBS Dawn Beach Club, St. Maarten (only 3BR)
MOW Ocean Watch, Myrtle Beah, SC
MSF Surf Watch, Hilton Head Isl, SC
LWR,LW2 Welk Resort Villas, CA
MSK St. Kitts Beach Club, St. Kitts
MFC Frenchman Cove, St. Thomas

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When is the wedding- which month?

Trading up a size during platinum season into one of the beach front resorts will be almost impossible except in the 30 days prior to check in- even with a Hawaii 1 br. The non beach front in Shelter Cove and possibly Harbour Town will be the most likely to match. You would have a decent chance even in the summer if you start a search soon.

All Marriotts on Hilton Head are 2 br or 3 br non lockoff.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'm going to be putting in an ongoing search for next year in Hilton Head. My niece is getting married, and she and my sister will be staying with me for the week prior, so I'll need a unit with at least two bedrooms. I'll be exchanging my one bedroom Maui Ocean Club, and apparently I will be given another one bedroom unless the timeshare I request has only units with two (or more) bedrooms. How do I find out which timeshares this includes? Is there someplace that lists how many bedrooms each timeshare has?
You may wish to rent out your week and use the cash to rent a 2 bd in HH.

II is not giving you a fair trade since the 1 bed at MOC is a super high value not just a regular 1 bd somewhere. It should be able to trade to a 2 bd but under current rules will not match a 2 bd.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for your responses-- I really appreciate it.

I ended up calling and talked to a nice representative, who booked me into a two-bedroom Surfwatch. It looks very pretty there. I've read numerous threads about different Marriott timeshares on HH, and have to admit it was a lot to take in-- I wasn't able to come to any conclusions about which would be best but now have a guaranteed place to stay, so I'm good.

I was surprised when I figured out we only got a garden view-- I've always gotten at least partial ocean views-- we are Marriott owners who purchased directly from Marriott (before we knew about TUG). But, the most important thing is we have a place to stay on HH.

Quiet Pine, thank you for that list! That's awesome!

You also provided great information, TSHWA2, thanks!

Bill4728, you're right about the limitations placed on my trading when depositing my MOC one bedroom in II. It is frustrating that I have much more limited trade-ability than we should have. We have been seriously considering not continuing in II for that very reason.

I also can't understand why, when using the E-Plus for trading, an ongoing search isn't possible. I should have read up on it in more detail before I chose to purchase E-Plus, because I didn't realize an OGS was no longer an option until I tried to place one earlier. I could understand if I was within the 59 day time-frame, but almost a year out?

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

All of Marriott's resorts
Port of Call
Spinnaker @ Shipyard Plantation
Island Links
Spice Busch

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
At most Hilton Head resorts, they don't look at the II confirmations when determining assigned view. They have a list of priorities. Surfwatch does not have any true ocean front views. They don't look at whether you purchased direct or resale. Generally multiple week owners at the resort exchanging back in have 1st priority, then single week owners at that resort, then multiple week owners at other Marriott resorts, then single week owners at a Marriott resort, them non Marriott owners exchanging in. Owners using their own weeks get the view they own, DC members exchanging in get the view the purchased with points as do rentals. I think DC members within their view category have the same priority as multi week Marriott owners of other resorts.

This post describes the three view categories: OceanVista, Oceanside, and gardenview

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's good to know, and probably explains why I got ocean view at Newport Coast when we traded into there. We went in March, which I guess must be off season? They emailed and asked our preferences, then followed up with a call IIRC. I decided to shoot for the moon and ask for ocean view, and was pleasantly surprised when I got it! So, if they email again, I'll ask --it can't hurt to at least try.