• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wow I love my Wyndham Points

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember when I bought them a few years I was a little nervous. But now the flexibility and the fact I have Glacial Canyon 45mins away is awesome. I'm paying $125 a night for mfs in a 2 br pres unit, a hotel room at this water park is going for $250.

The new change in RCI is also so easy to use. I loved the PP and getting into DVC real easy before the change but the new change is so easy to use.

I have 651k points - all resale and have already dipped into my 2012 pts!

If you have not stayed in one of the pres units..........they are very addicting. At least the units at GC are amazing and for the price WOW.

Just stay away from the sales BS at the resorts and Wyndham really is a great deal resale. I know I was a little nervous getting them thru ebay but did my due diligence and follow up. Yeah one of the contracts was bumpy and learning the system took some time. But if anyone is on the edge about Wyndham resale I have to say it is well worth it if you determine it meets your needs.

Honestly I would be hard pressed to find a better deal than Wyndham resale - especially since we have one so close in driving distance that we love.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
For many of the same reasons you have outlined Im happy with my Wyndham points purchases as well.

I made a mistake with my first purchase....I paid too much attention to the low cost of entry ($1, seller paid closing) and I didnt pay enough attention to the maintenance fees, but I have a reservation in place for MardiGras next year that will cost me under $800 for the week (rentals are as much as $400 a night in New Orleans at this time) so Im happy.

I have another contract in transfer right now that will bring my total to 574000points. Here I agreed to pay more up front, but my mf is under $5/1000 points, to bring my average mf down to a reasonable rate. Future purchases will serve two purposes, one, to lower my average mf even further and two, to get advanced reservation priority for certain hard to reserve weeks

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Agreed!! My first purchase was 154k retail points in 1998. Second retail purchase a few years later. Fast forward to April 2011... I'm holding 701k points (over 400k from resale) and I actually borrowed from next year.

My first presidential unit stay was a few weeks ago at National Harbor... very, very nice. I have a 4bdrm presidential at Palm Aire this summer. I can't wait to see it!! But if I develop a presidential addiction, I may have to get more points. :ponder:

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed!! My first purchase was 154k retail points in 1998. Second retail purchase a few years later. Fast forward to April 2011... I'm holding 701k points (over 400k from resale) and I actually borrowed from next year.

My first presidential unit stay was a few weeks ago at National Harbor... very, very nice. I have a 4bdrm presidential at Palm Aire this summer. I can't wait to see it!! But if I develop a presidential addiction, I may have to get more points. :ponder:

I prefer the 2br presidentials over the 3 br deluxe - I think they are about the same pts. The 4br here at GC is flat out amazing and huge! I'm going for Presidentials anytime I can - the 4br will be a treat as that is a lot of points except for off off season.

With the prices at pretty much give away, I'm tempted to get more points but don't want to add to my MFs, I'm paying Wyndham about $3300 as it is a year.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I remember when I bought them a few years I was a little nervous. But now the flexibility and the fact I have Glacial Canyon 45mins away is awesome. I'm paying $125 a night for mfs in a 2 br pres unit, a hotel room at this water park is going for $250.

The new change in RCI is also so easy to use. I loved the PP and getting into DVC real easy before the change but the new change is so easy to use.

I have 651k points - all resale and have already dipped into my 2012 pts!

If you have not stayed in one of the pres units..........they are very addicting. At least the units at GC are amazing and for the price WOW.

Just stay away from the sales BS at the resorts and Wyndham really is a great deal resale. I know I was a little nervous getting them thru ebay but did my due diligence and follow up. Yeah one of the contracts was bumpy and learning the system took some time. But if anyone is on the edge about Wyndham resale I have to say it is well worth it if you determine it meets your needs.

Honestly I would be hard pressed to find a better deal than Wyndham resale - especially since we have one so close in driving distance that we love.

I am always happy to hear about another TUGGER who is having a good experience with timesharing. Congratulations and have many wonderful vacations.

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We like our Wyndham Points, too.
-We bought our first resale contract about three years ago. Added a couple more.
-We like the flexibility, the ability to borrow, bank, and book two, three and four night stays and weekends.
-Availability at most resorts is great and we are able to book last last minute weekends, especially during shoulder seasons, without much planning.
-Our cost per night in a two-bedroom runs between about $60 and $160, depending on season and night of the week. This sure beats a lesser single hotel room.

We have been using our points mostly for drive-to stays at Bentley Brook and the Newport RI resorts. Our kids are very young, so this works for us now. Down the road, we'll try some of the other, farther resorts. we're going to Bonnet Creek in the fall :)

I'd also recommend Wyndham Points to folks who live close to Wyndham resorts. You can use them for quick weekend get-aways. The Wyndham resort network has a huge number of resorts on the East Coast, and they can provide a great variety of vacation experiences (City, Beach, Ski, Lake, etc.).

As a resale buyer, there is not that much to complain about. There is great value and variety. If you buy direct, you are more likely to be disappointed as the sales folks make crazy promises - and you will end-up resenting paying those big bucks.