• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Flamingo Resale

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Just received notification of deed from unit I won on ebay August 25, 2014.

Wonder how it will take until HGVC updates their records so I can access on line reservations etc.

It was for 4800 points ebay auction won for $3500 plus closing costs.

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
IIRC, when I bought my Flamingo resale, it was almost 3 months before I had online access.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the response I wonder if I can call after a few weeks to see if the process can be expedited?

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Craigvince

Craigvince,

Was that three months from purchase date or three months from deed transfer date? Thanks.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we bought our Flamingo unit it was less than 2 months for the points to show up on our current HGVC account.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Ok so about 30 days after deed recorded I assume which isn't terrible.
As long as you have proof of ownership, call HGVC in Florida Monday. It should only take 1 week from the time you call. When I purchased my resale HGVC TS, I called Florida and gave all my info to the person that I talked with. You would think that that would be it and you would have access, but no, it then goes to another dept. for processing.

I don't have access to the person that I talked to or their number right now, so call HGVC in Florida.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As long as you have proof of ownership, call HGVC in Florida Monday. It should only take 1 week from the time you call. When I purchased my resale HGVC TS, I called Florida and gave all my info to the person that I talked with. You would think that that would be it and you would have access, but no, it then goes to another dept. for processing.

I don't have access to the person that I talked to or their number right now, so call HGVC in Florida.

Thanks will do.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
Just received notification of deed from unit I won on ebay August 25, 2014.

Wonder how it will take until HGVC updates their records so I can access on line reservations etc.

It was for 4800 points ebay auction won for $3500 plus closing costs.

Hope you got this squared away. You got a great deal on it.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet.

Called today HGVC and they have no record of me, requested that I fax the paperwork so they can investigate further.

We shall see what they find.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
And I'm sure you paid the resort transfer fee, to the closing company, you can check your closing statement to make sure. If you did, you can call the closing company and let them know that you talked with HGVC and they haven't received any paperwork. The"ll probably need a copy of the deed.

Once HGVC has you in the system as the owner, you can call back and setup your HGVC account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks the closing company/seller sent a form letter with the deed stating wait 30 days before contacting the resort...not sure why should wait 30 days....to contact HGVC?

Ron good idea to contact the closing company.

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks the closing company/seller sent a form letter with the deed stating wait 30 days before contacting the resort...not sure why should wait 30 days....to contact HGVC?

Ron good idea to contact the closing company.

Capjak, how are you doing with HGVC? We just received our deed in the mail so I called HGVC (800-932-4482) this evening and they do not have a record of us yet. Are you still waiting to be recorded with HGVC? I really don't want to wait another 30 days! I'm hoping there is a way to expedite this part :) Thanks!

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still waiting no reply from HGVC yet. I need to follow up tomorrow.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
30 days is a long time.

I got 2 DVCs on line within a few days. Starwood a week. Even Marriott was only a week or so.

Not feeling the love from HGVC purchase yet.

Last edited:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet.

Called today HGVC and they have no record of me, requested that I fax the paperwork so they can investigate further.

We shall see what they find.

Today (12 Calendar Days from emailing my deed to HGVC customer support) I recieved my Welcome Email, Called HGVC to get my Member Number and created my on line account and was able to see availability acrross HGVC resorts..:banana:

Last edited:

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today (12 Calendar Days from emailing my deed to HGVC customer support) I recieved my Welcome Email, Called HGVC to get my Member Number and created my on line account and was able to see availability acrross HGVC resorts..:banana:

Congratulation :))))