• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bella 2 bed and Interval

elleny76

Reaction score
Hi, quick question since I am booking for 2017.
1.) I deposit/banked my 2016 points to 2017 in Vistana
2.) I looked at Interval and they have a 1 studio available to exchange

3.) What year should I exchange with interval for my 2017 vacation? the 2016 or 2017? ( remember the 2016 is already deposited for 2017)

4.) How much would I have to pay for the total exchange of my 2 bed Bella Florida to 1 studio somewhere else ?

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your banked 2016 is no longer available to trade in Interval, you can only use that as SO's at 8mos out for a booking up to Dec 31, 2018 (ie 2yrs)

You'd have to put your 2017 in Interval.

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks so much..:)( I was clueless)

Your banked 2016 is no longer available to trade in Interval, you can only use that as SO's at 8mos out for a booking up to Dec 31, 2018 (ie 2yrs)

You'd have to put your 2017 in Interval.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
4.) How much would I have to pay for the total exchange of my 2 bed Bella Florida to 1 studio somewhere else ?

The exchange fee can vary - to find out the amount, go through the steps to put in an ongoing search OR to make an exchange, and it will show you the fee.

When you look at your II Acct. - the usage for every year will show as available - whether it is or not. This is because II and Vistana are separate entities, and II does not know that you rolled your 2016 Staroptions over to 2017.

However, if you actually tried to exchange your 2016 usage, either they would use 2017, or it would not go through and in a few days you would get a message that the exchange was not completed, because your 2016 usage was not available.

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks Denise...
and by any chance Do you know which TS _points I can use to book cruises in Royal Caribbean?

I heard we can exchange our points but not sure which TS accept that.
Thanks again

The exchange fee can vary - to find out the amount, go through the steps to put in an ongoing search OR to make an exchange, and it will show you the fee.

When you look at your II Acct. - the usage for every year will show as available - whether it is or not. This is because II and Vistana are separate entities, and II does not know that you rolled your 2016 Staroptions over to 2017.

However, if you actually tried to exchange your 2016 usage, either they would use 2017, or it would not go through and in a few days you would get a message that the exchange was not completed, because your 2016 usage was not available.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm guessing that would be an exchange through RCI, since you don't have points in II. Although, I do believe you can exchange your week for a cruise in II, but you also have to pay a large additional fee.

However, when you add your MF + the large additional fee, the total cost is usually more than just booking a discount cruise.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to make a cruise exchange through Interval International, you must NOT deposit a week into II. If you have already deposited, that week cannot be used for a cruise exchange. A credit amount based on the size of your unit is computed after you select the stateroom and cruise in II. If you have a non lockout 2BR, it is not cost effective as the credit given is only slightly more for a 2BR over a 1BR. Credit amount differs based on what II considers to be the value of the week (Resort, season, size, location). It is not the same as trade power, interestingly. My blended season Orlando week was given a higher value than a prime season Scottsdale week.

I have done a cruise exchange through II using a 1BR and it was worth it for me.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done a cruise exchange through II using a 1BR and it was worth it for me.

I tried it once and thought it was a terrible redemption. It actually semmed the credit was less than the MFs and I did not see a real difference between the credit between using the small side, the large side, or the full 2 BRLO. That was several years ago.

Would you mind sharing what cruise credit vs MF cost you got?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried it once and thought it was a terrible redemption. It actually semmed the credit was less than the MFs and I did not see a real difference between the credit between using the small side, the large side, or the full 2 BRLO. That was several years ago.

Would you mind sharing what cruise credit vs MF cost you got?

I took a cruise to Alaska in May this year. I used several units to check out the credit. In the end I used a SDO 1BR (small side). It took about $900 off the cruise price (total a stateroom) after exchange fees, cruise cost and taxes and it threw in a specialty dining voucher for 2. I would have gotten more credit if I had used the large side of SDO, or my other timeshare in Palm Springs area and Orlando area. I compared this to other booking sites where it would have included a $300 on board credit. It was close to a wash or I was ahead by $150 or so. Regardless, since I have too many timeshare weeks (which I still do) that I am struggling to use, this was a great decision as my MF was a sunk cost.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took a cruise to Alaska in May this year. I used several units to check out the credit. In the end I used a SDO 1BR (small side). It took about $900 off the cruise price (total a stateroom) after exchange fees, cruise cost and taxes and it threw in a specialty dining voucher for 2. I would have gotten more credit if I had used the large side of SDO, or my other timeshare in Palm Springs area and Orlando area. I compared this to other booking sites where it would have included a $300 on board credit. It was close to a wash or I was ahead by $150 or so. Regardless, since I have too many timeshare weeks (which I still do) that I am struggling to use, this was a great decision as my MF was a sunk cost.

Ok, it sounds like it was more of a use it or loose deal vs being a good financial deal. That has been my impression as well when trying to use HGVC points for cruises.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, it sounds like it was more of a use it or loose deal vs being a good financial deal. That has been my impression as well when trying to use HGVC points for cruises.

I still came up ahead or a wash. It was not a money losing proposition. What I meant is that I would not have done the cruise exchange since it wasn't something that got me ahead by $500 to $1K, after MF, to make it worth my time.

I don't let my timeshare weeks go to waste either but I have 7 weeks sitting there that need to be used within the next 24 months and next 12 months travel plans have already been accounted for.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still came up ahead or a wash. It was not a money losing proposition. What I meant is that I would not have done the cruise exchange since it wasn't something that got me ahead by $500 to $1K, after MF, to make it worth my time.

I don't let my timeshare weeks go to waste either but I have 7 weeks sitting there that need to be used within the next 24 months and next 12 months travel plans have already been accounted for.

First world problems...:cool:

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks y'all! I was just wondering in case I have points /weeks left and need to spend them. I get good deals by email from Caribbean. I have used them couple of time before.