• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI [DVC] inbound trades - $190 fee! [merged]

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
About 30 years ago I bought my first TS Week. Except for the purchase price of the Week the other costs (MF, RCI/II Membership and Exchange Fees) were reasonable. Today that has been turned upside down. You can buy a Week for next to nothing but the other costs are soaring. It is getting to the point that renting is a better option.

George

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It is getting to the point that renting is a better option.

That is true for many timeshares, but for Disney, exchanging is still way less expensive -- even with this huge fee increase. Not my cup of tea, but for those who think staying on Disney property is worth the extra expense, Disney knows they will still pay the special fee for exchangers.

Kurt

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Makes Bonnet Creek look even better now.

I just ran the numbers for our spring break week that I have a DVC OGS for, which for me is a take-it-or-leave it prospect, not a must-do trip. Using our Wyndham points at WBC(we are not VIP so no discounts/upgrades) that week in a 1BR is $1,006. To exchange into DVC, that week would be $1,045. The on-site experience is worth $39 to my family, so we'd still exchange in. Of course there are cheaper ways to stay off-site, but I'm just talking using what I own.

If we needed a 2BR, we'd probably spend our points at WBC or check out a Last Call or Extra Vacation sale. But that would have been the case regardless prior to this fee increase due to the lack of DVC 2BRs in RCI.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Take your confirmation letter with you!

I called DVC and was told that as long as you have your confirmation letter that shows you booked at $95 fee you will be grandfathered in.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Interesting to see the increased INbound fees for RCI members trading into DVC when DVC just announced ZERO trade out fees for DVC Members trading their DVC out for an RCI property....

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. DVC Members used to pay $95 outbound, and RCI inbounds paid $95. Now the inbounds pay both "halves."

If this increases the odds that a DVC Member trades out, I'm all for it.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
checked in on Sat. Fee was $95. not asked for confirmation letter (but I had it).

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Take your confirmation letter with you!

I called DVC and was told that as long as you have your confirmation letter that shows you booked at $95 fee you will be grandfathered in.

Omg. That's good to know. Thanks! I'm using RCI for the one bedroom and My Disney Vacation Club points for a studio for my end of January trip. Hopefully they'll combine them for a two bedroom lockoff.

But I did reserve while the extra Disney fee was $95 not $190. I'll have to ask RCI for another reservation confirmation to take with me.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I came in through RCI in September and November and I only saw $95 each time and I booked well after the policy changed. I think that it goes back to the CM who checks you in. That being said, one time we checked in at the desk and the other time we just went straight to our room.