• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Interval sometimes move Getaway inventory to exchange?

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I notice that some inventory exists in both databases; not sure if it is the exact same unit or there are multiple weeks. I wondered if getaways that are not rented are ultimately moved to the exchange pool, and if so, at what point?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Exchange inventory that is deemed excesses may appear in both. Getaway inventory will not be moved into exchange inventory. It's a one way street.

Getaways are inventory that the developer is expecting money from the rental with II keeping a commission. If it were to be moved to a getaway II gets an exchange fee but the developer gets nothing. If it doesn't get rented though Getaways the developer still has a chance to fill the room on a nightly basis and make something.

Last edited:

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Interested to know this also....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not certain but I believe the inventory stays segregated. When you see the same unit as both getaway and exchange it is more than one unit.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did a test on a single 2BR unit at Marriott Oceana Palms for September 18 that was showing in both getaway and exchange. I put the unit on hold as a getaway. When I searched again as an exchange it was still there. This means there was at least two units, one as a getaway and one as an exchange. I did the search again as getaway and it is gone (still on hold). This means there is only one unit as a getaway. Searching again for the exchange and it is also gone. That confirms there is one unit in each.

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
Good to know; thank you for checking.

Some follow-up questions:

Do getaway prices ever get reduced as the check-in date approaches?

Also, the VCs at Interval say their exchange inventory is updated throughout
the day. However, the only times I have really seen any differences are first thing in the morning, leading me to believe that most, if not all, of the new inventory gets posted overnight. Is this really the case, or have you actually seen new inventory become available throughout the day?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Getaway prices can change. They can even go up. The more expensive Getaways ($1000+) seem more set than the lower priced ones ($600-).

Most batch inventory seems to get processed overnight but cancellations and other miscellaneous inventory can pop in and out all day. Sometimes you see a whole bulk deposit load and then disappear within minutes as it may get loaded and then pulled back for overnight processing. It has been a while since I have seen that happen but I wouldn't rely only on overnight especially during flex change.