• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

E plus retrade

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmed into a 2 bedroom at Marriott Ocean Pointe while on vacation and didn't notice the exchange until after the 24 hour period, we were planning on canceling this exchange request once we had internet service. We were in an area where internet was up and down.

Since we are out of the 24 hour period and it's too late to cancel the exchange should we purchase the E-Plus retrade on II. Can a exchange request be made with a retrade or do I have to keep looking until what I want shows up.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
You can't make a request with E-plus because you already have a confirmed exchange. You have to look manually.

You could call and see if they will let you cancel without penalty given your internet trouble. Worth a try. Otherwise purchase the E-Plus.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can add the EPlus option up to five days after confirmation I believe. Though you can't do a request with the EPlus option, you have to do manual retrade searches through the Start Retrade button on the My History page.

You can always cancel and take a Cancellation Replacement week and do a request with that. Though it will cost the full exchange fee where EPlus is only $49, but requires manual searching.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
e plus used with discounted exchange

I did a Starwood to Starwood trade for $129 for December 2014. This was a placement holder that I knew I didn't want but I wanted something out as far as possible. I added e-plus within the 5 days for $49. I was curious if I retraded for something beside Starwood if I would have to pay extra. I found a 2 br for the Royal Islander over my birthday in June 2015 after the kids are out of school for the summer. I booked and no extra fee. So for $180 I have a non starwood week booked that I can retrade another 2 times if needed (June 2015 is pretty far away and you never know what might pop up) until December 2015. I already go burned once with a e-plus within 60 days (because the documentation on the site wasn't very clear) so I know to book another week if I know I can't use this one before the restricted 60 day period.

So you can use a discounted M to M or S to S and add e-plus and then exchange to something outside the system without any additional fees as of now.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the draw-backs to e-plus is that it may shorten your deposit expiration. One of the advantages is that it may extend it, although I am not sure if is confirmed yet.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a Starwood to Starwood trade for $129 for December 2014. This was a placement holder that I knew I didn't want but I wanted something out as far as possible. I added e-plus within the 5 days for $49. I was curious if I retraded for something beside Starwood if I would have to pay extra. I found a 2 br for the Royal Islander over my birthday in June 2015 after the kids are out of school for the summer. I booked and no extra fee. So for $180 I have a non starwood week booked that I can retrade another 2 times if needed (June 2015 is pretty far away and you never know what might pop up) until December 2015. I already go burned once with a e-plus within 60 days (because the documentation on the site wasn't very clear) so I know to book another week if I know I can't use this one before the restricted 60 day period.

So you can use a discounted M to M or S to S and add e-plus and then exchange to something outside the system without any additional fees as of now.

That is interesting using the internal price and then adding e-plus to go external. I hadn't thought of that yet. I may never do it since my non-preference properties trade just as well and cost less than half the fees but it is very interesting to note.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That is interesting using the internal price and then adding e-plus to go external. I hadn't thought of that yet. I may never do it since my non-preference properties trade just as well and cost less than half the fees but it is very interesting to note.

I suspect this is why Marriott DC members are not eligible for EPlus. Since their internal fee is $0, they could easily score any trade for free as long as they were okay with searching instant exchange.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect this is why Marriott DC members are not eligible for EPlus. Since their internal fee is $0, they could easily score any trade for free as long as they were okay with searching instant exchange.

Now that I think about it, no Marriott deposits are currently eligible, DC account or regular. The DC account is probably the reason although they should be able to program it for the non-DC accounts.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Now that I think about it, no Marriott deposits are currently eligible, DC account or regular. The DC account is probably the reason although they should be able to program it for the non-DC accounts.

I believe you are right. II did indicate that they plan to have EPlus added for Marriott weeks based ownerships (I am thinking non corporate DC accounts) by year end.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Does anyone know if eplus is still working this way with the internal exchange discount?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if eplus is still working this way with the internal exchange discount?

As far as I now it still works this way but I have no way to test whether they programmed the additional subsequent charge. I seriously doubt it.

Another discount is placing a tier priced AC request for a studio into 2BR only resorts. It use to charge the studio price upfront and no increase on the match. Not certain it still works that way though.

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is Eplus retrade for 59 bucks still working? I'm not seeing the offer anymore on home screen or in my own list of bookings. Anyone know?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Eplus retrade for 59 bucks still working? I'm not seeing the offer anymore on home screen or in my own list of bookings. Anyone know?

Yes, E-plus is still an option, but it's $49, not $59.

You can only add E-Plus during a request or within 5 days of the very first exchange. You cannot add it after the 5 days lapses and a cancellation within 24 hours counts as the first exchange. An alternative is cancelling and getting a replacement week. A replacement weeks counts as a brand new deposit so E-plus can be added but the replacement week expiration of 1 year will supersede the E-Plus expiration.

The home screen marketing seems to have died down. In your bookings you will only see the option to add if you are still within that very short window.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, E-plus is still an option, but it's $49, not $59.

You can only add E-Plus during a request or within 5 days of the very first exchange. You cannot add it after the 5 days lapses and a cancellation within 24 hours counts as the first exchange. An alternative is cancelling and getting a replacement week. A replacement weeks counts as a brand new deposit so E-plus can be added but the replacement week expiration of 1 year will supersede the E-Plus expiration.

The home screen marketing seems to have died down. In your bookings you will only see the option to add if you are still within that very short window.

Wow, perfectly answered! No more questions from me, thank you so much! :wave: