• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aulani RCI unit number

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got my RCI confirmation for a 2 bedroom at Aulani. :) The unit number on the confirmation is 288. Does that mean anything?? Or maybe I'll just have to wait and call to find out our view type. I've read it takes about a week for DVC to get my reservation info?

Also, are RCI reservations subject to the $35/day parking fee? I'm guessing yes.

Thanks!

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please report back on what unit type you recieve, I'm trying to break the code. You will not have to pay for parking. We were given two parking passes with our 1 bedroom exchange in May. There is a $95 fee plus the TOT due at check in.

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, if we don't have to pay for parking, that would totally change my rental car strategy. We are not DVC owners though, can someone please confirm?

Yes, I will definitely report back about the unit type.

Thanks!

Please report back on what unit type you recieve, I'm trying to break the code. You will not have to pay for parking. We were given two parking passes with our 1 bedroom exchange in May. There is a $95 fee plus the TOT due at check in.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
DVC does not charge exchangers or guests staying with DVC points a parking. Hope this helps.

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC does not charge exchangers or guests staying with DVC points a parking. Hope this helps.

Thanks! That's great to hear.

I just called to see if DVC had my reservation yet (confirmed Sunday), no luck as expected. I'm going to take a shot at breaking the RCI DVC unit code. Usually the pattern for other DVC resorts seems to be unit size, view type, check-in day of the week. So the unit on my confirmation is 288. Pretty sure the 2 is because it's a 2 bedroom.

The second 8 should be for view type. There are 4 view types, but they would need to separate out 2 bedroom lock-off vs dedicated. I don't think they would deposit a lock-off. So I'm guessing for lock-offs 1=standard, 2=island, 3=pool, 4=OV. For dedicated 5=standard, 6=island, 7=pool, 8=OV.

The third 8 should be for check-in day of the week. I have a Saturday check-in. This one stumped me, but maybe 7=Friday, 8=Saturday, 9=Sunday. And 1-6 they use for the 5 day rentals (I don't know what the possible check-in days are for those).

So there's my guess. Or maybe just wishful thinking that I have an OV unit. :) For those who have/had RCI reservations, please let me know if this fits!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The unit I got in may thru rci was an ocean view. Seems like for exchangers that it is very possible. You will probably not see standard view. Just like blt most exchanges are lake view. Dvc points are lower for standard view and that gets taken by dvc members. That has been the case with aulani as you must have aulani as home resort to get standard view most of the time.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! That's great to hear.

I just called to see if DVC had my reservation yet (confirmed Sunday), no luck as expected. I'm going to take a shot at breaking the RCI DVC unit code. Usually the pattern for other DVC resorts seems to be unit size, view type, check-in day of the week. So the unit on my confirmation is 288. Pretty sure the 2 is because it's a 2 bedroom.

The second 8 should be for view type. There are 4 view types, but they would need to separate out 2 bedroom lock-off vs dedicated. I don't think they would deposit a lock-off. So I'm guessing for lock-offs 1=standard, 2=island, 3=pool, 4=OV. For dedicated 5=standard, 6=island, 7=pool, 8=OV.

The third 8 should be for check-in day of the week. I have a Saturday check-in. This one stumped me, but maybe 7=Friday, 8=Saturday, 9=Sunday. And 1-6 they use for the 5 day rentals (I don't know what the possible check-in days are for those).

So there's my guess. Or maybe just wishful thinking that I have an OV unit. :) For those who have/had RCI reservations, please let me know if this fits!
Your post seems to be correct. Got a 1br with unit 149. It was a 1br, ocean view jnit and checking in on Sunday. Seems to coincide with your formula.

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your post seems to be correct. Got a 1br with unit 149. It was a 1br, ocean view jnit and checking in on Sunday. Seems to coincide with your formula.

Thanks for checking! Finally called and it is an OV! Woo hoo!! So excited! :banana:

AlmTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas Strip, WKORV
Wow, thanks for the info. We have unit 148 coming up in 2 weeks. Can't beat that for an RCI trade. :)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Code is not always right. This past may I got exactly what the room code assigned. Got a room on 15th floor ocean view like code said.

Fast forward to this sunday checking into an oceanview room code. Previously called Aulani when i got the confirmation number to put in request for room in ewa tower. Cast member said no problem and added the request to my reservation. This past sunday at check in cast member said that as an exchanger I will get assigned to a standard view room probably. He noticed my request and said it will probably not happen since i was exchanging in to Aulani. Talked a little with him and found out he was a newer hire. Told me that they were trained that all RCI exchanges where to be assigned in lowest available view room category. The room size the only guarantee of the exchange. I was wondering if this was something new? I Can only imagine that what lucky family got that ocean view room I was assigned. because DVC is a point system that as a dvc member you get what you booked. Seems like there would create an imbalance of rooms in a certain view category. Also standard view rooms are the first to get booked! Anyone else checked in recently at aulani?

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
If true this is not good news. I have a 2 bedroom OV booked for March. We'll see what they give us.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Code is not always right. This past may I got exactly what the room code assigned. Got a room on 15th floor ocean view like code said.

Fast forward to this sunday checking into an oceanview room code. Previously called Aulani when i got the confirmation number to put in request for room in ewa tower. Cast member said no problem and added the request to my reservation. This past sunday at check in cast member said that as an exchanger I will get assigned to a standard view room probably. He noticed my request and said it will probably not happen since i was exchanging in to Aulani. Talked a little with him and found out he was a newer hire. Told me that they were trained that all RCI exchanges where to be assigned in lowest available view room category. The room size the only guarantee of the exchange. I was wondering if this was something new? I Can only imagine that what lucky family got that ocean view room I was assigned. because DVC is a point system that as a dvc member you get what you booked. Seems like there would create an imbalance of rooms in a certain view category. Also standard view rooms are the first to get booked! Anyone else checked in recently at aulani?

We will be there next month for 10 nights, the first three nights renting from an owner into an the 2BR oceanview, and the next 7 on RCI exchange. When we check in, I think I will first secure my oceanview assignment in the best location in the Ewa bldg, and then request not to be moved for the remainder of the stay. We'll see how that works out.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well got my bill on checkout day. They got the tat right. I was only charged for the standard view one bedroom tax and not as an oceanview tax. One bright spot, for some reason i was not charged the $95 fee CM at checkin even mentioned charging me the fee. That was a great surprise yesterday when no fee showed up on bill.

Beefnot when will you be at aulani? Will be staying at aulani or mko for the next few months. We can have a meetup if you are up for it.
Will post an update this coming Sunday. Will be checking into aulani rci stay with an oceanview code just like last week. I will update on what happens with room assignment.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frank Check your credit card for the $95 fee. When I was there in June, they ran the fee at check in and then the rest of bill at checkout.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beefnot when will you be at aulani? Will be staying at aulani or mko for the next few months. We can have a meetup if you are up for it.

We will arrive on Jan 7th. 34 days and counting...

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well dvc did not charge me the $95 fee for the last week w were here in a standard view room.

On a different note we checked in on sunday to a 149 unit on the rci reservations. Which is oceanview, 1br checkin on sunday according to the code. Well they honored this reservation and was assigned to the 15th floor in the 50-59 stack of the ewa tower. Great that dvc gave us a great room according to our request. The only bad part was i was charged the $95 exchange fee. Maybe they didn't charge me the $95 last time because they assigned me a different room than what was on my reservation.

Beef check you out in a month.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be there next month for 10 nights, the first three nights renting from an owner into an the 2BR oceanview, and the next 7 on RCI exchange. When we check in, I think I will first secure my oceanview assignment in the best location in the Ewa bldg, and then request not to be moved for the remainder of the stay. We'll see how that works out.
I know how it'll work out. They'll change your room.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know how it'll work out. They'll change your room.

That would be the wrong answer. We were assigned to the same AWESOME 15th floor dedicated 2BR oceanview unit for the duration of our stay. Woop woop!