• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Please post ALL "new RCI website" posts here]

lilpooh108

Reaction score
1. If you are getting this error message and if you are using a timeshare branded portal into RCI, then at least one of your OGS requests may have a mismatch between the potential search date range or expiration date of the hidden placeholder and the requested check-in dates for your OGS. You may not want to just wait around for RCI to sort this out. Call RCI Web Support... when you have plenty of time available to wait on hold and to explain what you need.

2. Pay attention to the original start date for your OGS requests. Keep track of these! (I now have a "sticky note" on my laptop.) Do not attempt to modify an OGS to include dates which are more than 2 years out from the original start date. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your explanation. I was actually just on the phone and the guy refused to help me and gave me a general "we know it's a problem and we'll fix it for everyone" spiel. It was incredibly frustrating.

(1) My question is --- does the mismatch then mean that my OGS are not actually working? I'd rather know now and start new searches then wait around for matches that won't happen.

(2) Do you mean the date of the OGS in place can't be 2 years old or the last check in date cannot be more than 2 years older than the originally searched check in date?

How would I get someone to try to fix the place holder issue for me? When I spoke to my tech support guy, he really seemed very disinterested and the conversation was all of 5 seconds.

My customer service person gave me a new OGS. Now I really wish I didn't mess with my old OGS. They were from last year :mad:

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
(1) My question is --- does the mismatch then mean that my OGS are not actually working?
I'm not an IT person. My understanding is that the OGS's are still running, but the webpage is unable to display them. I have not decided whether I trust this or not. It has been true in the past. Just don't know about now.
(2) Do you mean the date of the OGS in place can't be 2 years old or the last check in date cannot be more than 2 years older than the originally searched check in date?
Sorry, it's hard for me to describe... here's an example:
Today, 5/8/2014, you start a new OGS looking for travel in March 2016, less than 2 years away.
The OGS will have a start date of 5/8/2014. It will be placed lower on the waitlist than others which were started before today.
The placeholder/token created to run your OGS will be associated with potential travel dates between 5/8/2014 and 5/7/2016, a 2 year range.

Next winter (January 2015), if you decide to modify the OGS to add travel dates in April 2016, that will be fine: April 2016 is still before 5/7/2016, the end of the placeholder's range. The start date for your OGS remains 5/8/2014.

OTOH, if next winter (January 2015), you decide to modify the OGS to add travel dates in June 2016, it won't be fine. You'll be able to complete the modification. But, because June 2016 is after the placeholder's last travel date, 5/7/2016, when the website tries to display the details of your OGS's online, it will generate the error message instead. The start date for this OGS still remains 5/8/2014, by the way.
How would I get someone to try to fix the place holder issue for me?
Call back to web support. Ask the person to look at your OGS. Ask if they can see anything wrong with the dates or any reason for why you are getting the web error. There are multiple people working the IT help desk. Ask if there's someone else who could help or try calling again to get someone else.
My customer service person gave me a new OGS. Now I really wish I didn't mess with my old OGS. They were from last year :mad:
Customer Service and Web Support are different departments. At this point, you could ask either of them to back date your new OGS to match the start date of your old OGS since it was done to address a website error. JMHO. They cannot back date an OGS to give it a start date earlier than 2 years prior to the last travel date you're seeking - even if your earlier OGS was very old and modified several times.

Last edited:

lilpooh108

Reaction score
I'm not an IT person. My understanding is that the OGS's are still running, but the webpage is unable to display them. I have not decided whether I trust this or not. It has been true in the past. Just don't know about now.

Sorry, it's hard for me to describe... here's an example:
Today, 5/8/2014, you start a new OGS looking for travel in March 2016, less than 2 years away.
The OGS will have a start date of 5/8/2014. It will be placed lower on the waitlist than others which were started before today.
The placeholder/token created to run your OGS will be associated with potential travel dates between 5/8/2014 and 5/7/2016, a 2 year range.

Next winter (January 2015), if you decide to modify the OGS to add travel dates in April 2016, that will be fine: April 2016 is still before 5/7/2016, the end of the placeholder's range. The start date for your OGS remains 5/8/2014.

OTOH, if next winter (January 2015), you decide to modify the OGS to add travel dates in June 2016, it won't be fine. You'll be able to complete the modification. But, because June 2016 is after the placeholder's last travel date, 5/7/2016, when the website tries to display the details of your OGS's online, it will generate the error message instead. The start date for this OGS still remains 5/8/2014, by the way.

Call back to web support. Ask the person to look at your OGS. Ask if they can see anything wrong with the dates or any reason for why you are getting the web error. There are multiple people working the IT help desk. Ask if there's someone else who could help or try calling again to get someone else.

Customer Service and Web Support are different departments. At this point, you could ask either of them to back date your new OGS to match the start date of your old OGS since it was done to address a website error. JMHO. They cannot back date an OGS to give it a start date earlier than 2 years prior to the last travel date you're seeking - even if your earlier OGS was very old and modified several times.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations :clap: It's really helpful. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if they can address the issue. I do know exactly which OGS I modified that caused the problem.

And thanks also for the backdating tip - I'd read about it last year but totally forgot it was an option. Thanks again!

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Yesterday, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with RCI web support... twice. But I learned some things. :) Loooong wait times for RCI web support. :doh:

We access RCI through the Wyndham portal. From what I gather, when we enter an OGS through an outside timeshare company's RCI portal, each OGS request becomes associated with some kind of hidden placeholder or token, rather like a "dummy deposit", and the placeholder is set with an expiration date or other limitations.

The problem comes in when we try to alter an existing OGS to include a check-in date past the (hidden) expiration date of the (hidden) placeholder. We can modify an older OGS to search up to 2 years from today. It supposedly still searches. But modifying an OGS with an older placeholder to search beyond its (hidden) expiration date, and then trying to look at all OGS requests... will generate a CEWEB00 error. Thereafter, all of the OGS requests are inaccessible for viewing online.

I knew the last change I had made prior to getting this error message a few weeks ago. So on my first RCI web support phone call, I asked the tech to look into that particular OGS and see if I had done something wrong. He explained the placeholder issue and he fixed or replaced it for me, for that OGS. After logging out and back in, I was able to see all of my OGS requests... briefly.

Then I changed another OGS and got the error message again. :bawl: I phoned in my OGS changes to an RCI rep. Then I called a second web support tech who checked all of my placeholders on all of my OGS requests. She had to cancel and re-enter one of my OGS. So I lost my old, original start date for that particular OGS. In this case, it wasn't a big deal.

Today, I made a minor change to one of my OGS requests, just to see if I could. I did NOT add later check-in dates. After modifying it, I am still able to see all of them - no error message today. :cheer:

Take home lessons :wall: :

1. If you are getting this error message and if you are using a timeshare branded portal into RCI, then at least one of your OGS requests may have a mismatch between the potential search date range or expiration date of the hidden placeholder and the requested check-in dates for your OGS. You may not want to just wait around for RCI to sort this out. Call RCI Web Support... when you have plenty of time available to wait on hold and to explain what you need.

2. Pay attention to the original start date for your OGS requests. Keep track of these! (I now have a "sticky note" on my laptop.) Do not attempt to modify an OGS to include dates which are more than 2 years out from the original start date. :rolleyes:

WOW! Thanks for this tip. I'm going to look at my OGS, and the start date of them, and see if any have been changed to be farther than 2 years out. I access via HGVC, so it sort of makes sense.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Yesterday, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with RCI web support... twice. But I learned some things. :) Loooong wait times for RCI web support. :doh:

We access RCI through the Wyndham portal. From what I gather, when we enter an OGS through an outside timeshare company's RCI portal, each OGS request becomes associated with some kind of hidden placeholder or token, rather like a "dummy deposit", and the placeholder is set with an expiration date or other limitations.

The problem comes in when we try to alter an existing OGS to include a check-in date past the (hidden) expiration date of the (hidden) placeholder. We can modify an older OGS to search up to 2 years from today. It supposedly still searches. But modifying an OGS with an older placeholder to search beyond its (hidden) expiration date, and then trying to look at all OGS requests... will generate a CEWEB00 error. Thereafter, all of the OGS requests are inaccessible for viewing online.

I knew the last change I had made prior to getting this error message a few weeks ago. So on my first RCI web support phone call, I asked the tech to look into that particular OGS and see if I had done something wrong. He explained the placeholder issue and he fixed or replaced it for me, for that OGS. After logging out and back in, I was able to see all of my OGS requests... briefly.

Then I changed another OGS and got the error message again. :bawl: I phoned in my OGS changes to an RCI rep. Then I called a second web support tech who checked all of my placeholders on all of my OGS requests. She had to cancel and re-enter one of my OGS. So I lost my old, original start date for that particular OGS. In this case, it wasn't a big deal.

Today, I made a minor change to one of my OGS requests, just to see if I could. I did NOT add later check-in dates. After modifying it, I am still able to see all of them - no error message today. :cheer:

Take home lessons :wall: :

Did you call RCI Directly? Or call via the wyndham number first?

lilpooh108

Reaction score

Thank. The web support person basically deleted the problematic end date for the search I modified and now I can see everything again. I didn't ask for the back date, because the new search dates would have been 2 years past the original search date (I finally understand what you're saying) so I left it as a new search.

One of my OGS will expire this month without the modification, but at this point I'm willing to let it expire rather than mess w/the OGS' again. What a pain. Now hopefully I'll get a match. :)

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had a few of my searches deleted over the phone. All of a sudden, I cna finally see my searches again. I went in to modify one, and bam, I lost the access to view again... This is so frustrating.

What number in IT did you call? Directly through RCI? Or through Wyndham?

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Did you call RCI Directly? Or call via the wyndham number first? ... This is so frustrating.

What number in IT did you call? Directly through RCI? Or through Wyndham?
I called (the Wyndham owners' desk at) RCI directly at 1-800-572-0931. After an RCI rep answered, I asked for my phone call to be transferred to "Web Support" because I was having difficulty with my online access. Then I was stuck on hold for 20-30 minutes each time, waiting for a Web Support tech to pick up. When they finally did, I mentioned that I access RCI online through the Wyndham portal. Once they were able to locate my account correctly, they could see what was happening with it. Hope that helps.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called (the Wyndham owners' desk at) RCI directly at 1-800-572-0931. After an RCI rep answered, I asked for my phone call to be transferred to "Web Support" because I was having difficulty with my online access. Then I was stuck on hold for 20-30 minutes each time, waiting for a Web Support tech to pick up. When they finally did, I mentioned that I access RCI online through the Wyndham portal. Once they were able to locate my account correctly, they could see what was happening with it. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I actually called myself. I spoke to someone who unfortunately had no clue. His suggestion for me was to delete all of my searches and start over. I'll just call back again tomorrow

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I now have ZERO saved searches, yet when I try and save a new search, it says that I have reached the maximum number of saved searches allowed.:mad:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am sick of the new RCI website and its problems. I cannot believe how difficult it is to view my OGS and modify them.

I do have a question for those who are RCI afficionados. If my deposit has an expiration of August 2014, am I going to be able to match an OGS to a week I requested for 12/7/2014?

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't believe you'll be able to do this, Cindy. The OGS won't go beyond the expiration of your deposit.

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
No, your travel check-in date has to be before the deposit expires. If you really want to travel in December with that deposit, you'd have to extend the expiration date by either paying an extension fee or by combining the deposit with another deposit with a later expiration date, again for a fee.

lilpooh108

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually called myself. I spoke to someone who unfortunately had no clue. His suggestion for me was to delete all of my searches and start over. I'll just call back again tomorrow

You know what- -- I got an email confirmation of my supposed "modification." All that person did was delete the problematic search and just re-enter it without backdating it. Ugh, I give up.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know what- -- I got an email confirmation of my supposed "modification." All that person did was delete the problematic search and just re-enter it without backdating it. Ugh, I give up.

Unreal. I spoke to a nice person in IT at RCI yesterday. He was aware of the web issue we are all having. His suggestion is to just leave it as is. He said the searches are all running normally. Unfortunatelly we don't have the option to view or modify them online. I'm hoping to get a match in the next few months, so I'm not quite too concerned about not being able to view. And of course if I need to modify, I'll just call instead. Until they figure these glitches as well as many others out I guess!

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just need to vent, I have had similar problems as stated here. But even to just navigate the site and do other "drill" down easy searches is ridiculous much less the OGS issues.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really need help. I'm going in through the Wyndham portal and I can only see the first unit available for any given resort. For like a split second I'll see all of the units, and then it goes down to the first unit available and that's it. It will still say "100 units available" but I can only see one. Someone please help me!

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really need help. I'm going in through the Wyndham portal and I can only see the first unit available for any given resort. For like a split second I'll see all of the units, and then it goes down to the first unit available and that's it. It will still say "100 units available" but I can only see one. Someone please help me!

I also use the Wyndham portal. For some reason, it only lets you view the inventory for one week at a time and it will default to show you the first week available. So you need to change the dates on the calendar control to view other weeks. Don't try to type in the dates though; if you actually click on the calendar it will narrow down the dates that are available to select to only those with availability, which is a bit easier than just guessing. I hope this is some kind of bug, and not how they intend for it to work...

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have not used RCI's website for a long time and I just tried and realized that "My Favorites" are totally messed up. Does anyone still experience such problems as I do now?
BTW, is there anyway that I can edit "My Favorites"?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I have not used RCI's website for a long time and I just tried and realized that "My Favorites" are totally messed up. Does anyone still experience such problems as I do now?
BTW, is there anyway that I can edit "My Favorites"?

In the favorites list there is a box with an [X] upper right, to delete from the list. To add, find a resort and click the favorites star.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In the favorites list there is a box with an [X] upper right, to delete from the list. To add, find a resort and click the favorites star.

Thanks! So there is no way to simply modify a favorite already created?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! So there is no way to simply modify a favorite already created?

The Resort favorites is just a list, so there is nothing to modify.

If you have Searches saved as Favorites, click on the Search and it will execute and show the results - from here you can modify the Search and save it with a new name in the Favorites list.

I don't have anything in the Contents, so not sure what get saved there?

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have lost the ability to use Internet Explorer on RCI. Every time I do anything it pushes me to a log in page. It won't go any farther. Anyone else have this problem and found a work around? A few weeks ago It worked decently.

I can still get Chrome to work but it is quirky.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have lost the ability to use Internet Explorer on RCI. Every time I do anything it pushes me to a log in page. It won't go any farther. Anyone else have this problem and found a work around? A few weeks ago It worked decently.

I can still get Chrome to work but it is quirky.

Have you tried resetting IE to clear out all the crud?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I now have ZERO saved searches, yet when I try and save a new search, it says that I have reached the maximum number of saved searches allowed.:mad:

This problem has now been fixed (for the time being). I can now save searches and then recall those searches with success!!! All I had to do was fill out the feedback widgit on the side of the screen 20 times with my email!!!:D