• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

villa del palmar ower question

bcguys

Reaction score
We own a Villa group junior villa suite and our home resort is Villa del Palmar in Los Cabos. We have stayed at the Villa del Arco twice and enjoyed our stay except that we had to fight to get a king bed and any kind of view. We wasted two days trying to get what we assume is the basics for an owner. I have been told by the villa group that you do not receive your room assignment until you arrive, so putting a request in for a king bed and a view of Lands End is a waste of time. I have noticed that the Junior Villa Suite is larger with more of a kitchen then at the Arco. I would appreciate any comments or experiences from other owners as to how to upgrade or put in requests. We will try to go down for a birthday and wedding anniversary and I really don't want the abuse. Thanks Janice

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Its going to be tough to get a view in most of the studios with the exception of building 2 at most of the resorts. This is because the studios are for the most part next to a one bed unit. Both the studio and one bed unit make a two bed lock off. Building two usually has most studios with a two bed , no couch. Buildings 1 and 3 have the king and couch combo studio but these units have very little view of the ocean if any at all.

If your going to Cabo try to get there early as the inventory of better view or king bed couch combo studios. They can check to see if anything opens on Sat or Sun that might be more to your liking.

Changing rooms takes a good part of the day but thats what it sometimes take to get a view. I really don't like changing rooms unless Im getting a way better room.

Bill

bcguys

Reaction score
Easyrider (I love that song by the way) thanks for the info. The view would be great but as long as it isn't the parking lot we would be okay. Since you own and we have not used our home resort, I have read (tripadvisor) that there are sections of Villa Del Palmar that are pretty old. If I had a choice what suite location would I ask for to get a newer suite? I assume when you said get there early, did you mean early in the day or the beginning of the week, Sunday or Monday. Thanks again Janice

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
At the VDP Cabo, as far as studios go, building 1 ground floor is pretty good because the small deck has access to the resort grounds making the deck area as big as you want, sort of. Also, walking out of the patio door and onto the resort grounds is a good way to view the ocean and El Arco. Higher floors in building 1 will have views. Building 1 looks at the pool / ocean or turtle beach/ ocean.

Building 2 has many units overlooking the parking lot. The view is pool / ocean and parking area / mountains.

Building 3 has many units looking at the Estancia building. The view is pool . ocean and enstancia / garden.

A room in building 2 on a upper level facing the ocean is pretty nice as far as views.

A room in building 1 on either side in an upper level has a nice view.

A room in building 3 on an upper level facing the ocean has a nice view.

The rooms are assigned when you arrive. So the person that arrives before you can ask for the better room so if you get to the resort by Friday at 3 your chances of getting a better room increase as people start moving out over the weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the days when large amounts of inventory is available. Not so much the rest of the week.

Bill