• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Norton Blocked Virus message

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
any old users other than fastrr getting the warnings or notifications?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I did not get any warnings from my avast today or yesterday.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I have a hard time believing its a cache/history issue anyhow, as the attacker URL changes each time. This time it was ysguhildm.myftp.biz/.... At home, it seems to always be XXX.myftp.biz where the XXX=an apparent random string of letters, but changing each time. At work, it seems to be XXX.serveftp.com and I have seen one other post where it was XXX.myftp.org. It seems like it is variable enough to be pesky to find and inoculate.

The. actual malware comes from a remote site. If something in your cache sends you out to some server, and THAT server links you to a varying URL, then I can see how the cache could be involved. I'm not saying that's what is happening, only that it is one possibility.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Try doing what I did - a System Restore to sometime before the popups started happening. For me, it was a week or so back. When it booted up clear, I did a malwarebytes full scan, and cleaned things out. It found traces in my user profile folders. The popups were gone after that.

Dave

My computer is not infected...my anti-virus software keeps doing its job. My Norton 360 keeps blocking the attack each time, and what I keep reporting are the Norton anti-virus system flags notifying me that they stopped the attack. If my anti-virus was not doing its job, then I would get the pop ups that you are referring to. I keep reporting the flags in an attempt to help Brian know they are still there.

That said, so far this morning.....I have received no flags....so fingers crossed!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well thats certainly a good sign!

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
I chanced it and brought this back up on my computer (I have been accessing TUG through my tapatalk on my phone after being infected) and so far so good. No notifications or anything while on the site.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I chanced it and brought this back up on my computer (I have been accessing TUG through my tapatalk on my phone after being infected) and so far so good. No notifications or anything while on the site.

Been clear for me all day as well.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No problem now. I am using Google Chrome.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
computer virus

This happened to my computer also. Three days in a row last week. Once it started right in the middle of reading some resort reviews on TUG same messages other saw. What a mess it just went deeper and deeper. Finally hubby came home from work and had to call his IT guys to tell him what to do. I told him what happened, but I did not want to blame tug. Could someone infect the website just to be malicious?