• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone here done an II cruise exchange?

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never gone on a cruise period, so I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. They say it's an exchange, but when you get into the transaction you have to choose the room type and a nightly rate. Is that a discounted rate compared to just buying the cruise elsewhere?

The real issue we're having is that we have 2 deposited weeks that need to have an exchange initiated by the end of June. We are trying to figure out something we can do with them because we are pretty much all booked up for travel for the next 2 years. Does II offer any kind of extension past the expiration date of the deposit?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally, a cruise is not a good use of your MF, when compared with buying the same cruise from a discounter (we like www.vacationstogo.com ) But if you're about to lose the prepaid MF anyway, it's better than nothing.

Someone else will have to explain extending II deposits.

Jim

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you are asking in Starwood, but I wanted to tell you what my experience with Marriott II exchange was, in case the end result is the same.

I split my lockout and deposited the studio and kept the one bedroom. When I was looking at cruises to see what type of deals II had, I found that using my already deposited week gave me basically a discounted cruise. While the non-deposited week could be exchange for the cruise at a better rate. It was a significant difference. It seemed that exchanging a week towards a cruise needed to be done at the same time as the deposit and that a previously deposited week didn't get a cruise exchange, only a discounted cruise.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
It's been a few years, 2009 I think, and they told me $1000 cruise credit for my Platinum Plus MFC. I passed on it.