• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WSJ Association Sale has begun

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Looks like the SO amounts posted are the 2014 amounts, not the 2015 amounts. There is a 3BR that will be worth 196K SOs next year listed for $15K.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
My daughter fell into a good deal like that at Harborside that she just closed. It was a 3BR Gold for $9,000 and Starwood gave her the Star Options for this year and she didn't have to pay the maintenance fees for 2014. They knew it was too late to reserve a week that was any good for this year. Apparently there were a number of foreclosures like that available.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This listing and notice was really buried on MSC - I would hope that the VGV HOA would send out a direct notice. I think that they did this last time - or did I miss it? (Other than the recent letter)

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I wasn't an owner last time around, so I'm not sure if a physical letter was mailed. I just happened to notice it while I was browsing around.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a direct e-mail ... apparently I waited too long to make an offer. After 13 minutes on-sale I am #7 on the ^&^%$* waitlist for the unit I wanted. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There was a direct e-mail ... apparently I waited too long to make an offer. After 13 minutes on-sale I am #7 on the ^&^%$* waitlist for the unit I wanted. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not that I was looking to buy, but never received a direct email on this sale.
Glad to see that there is interest.

sachia007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, new to the TUG forum… what are these.. weeks for rent or sale (foreclosures)?
Thanks!

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Sorry, new to the TUG forum… what are these.. weeks for rent or sale (foreclosures)?
Weeks for sale. These weeks were acquired by the HOA, likely due to foreclosure. They are treated more or less like a resale purchase, and come with StarOptions. $15K for 196K SOs isn't too bad.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Email on April 10th

Virgin Grand Villas
St. John Condominium Owners Association
April 10, 2014

Dear Virgin Grand Villas Owner,

Greetings from your Board of Directors! We are pleased to announce an Owner resale program which will allow Owners like you the ability to purchase Association owned timeshare weeks. As you know, over the past few years a number of Owners have failed to pay their maintenance fees. As a result, these owners were denied the use of the resort and their timeshare weeks were eventually transferred to the Association. The Association now owns approximately 66 timeshare weeks.

As an owner, you are being offered the opportunity to purchase an Association owned timeshare week at a substantially reduced cost. This offer is subject to the following terms:
• Timeshare weeks are offered on a first come, first served basis. Please visit mystarcentral.com, “Your Owners Association” on the left side of the screen. Then click on “ownership opportunities” on the right side of your screen. This will take you to a listing of available timeshare weeks, associated price and instructions. If you own weeks at other resorts, please select the link for your Virgin Grand Villas timeshare week and you will be directed to the resale offer for this resort. Owners who are interested in purchasing a timeshare week must submit a request to purchase as detailed on the website. Once the submit button is clicked, an offer will be forwarded to us for submission. If you wish to only make an inquiry, please use the email address stated below.
• Qualified Requests to purchase available timeshare weeks will be processed in the order received. A purchase contract and related disclosure documents will be mailed to owners with further instructions. An initial deposit of 50% of the purchase price will be required at time of returning the executed purchase contract.
• Requests will only be deemed as Qualified Requests if the person submitting the request is an owner in good standing with no outstanding balances due to the Association.
• Timeshare weeks offered by the Association will be automatically enrolled in the Starwood Vacation Network (“SVN”). You will be given StarOptions that you will be able to use at any of the resorts under the SVN network.
• Timeshare Weeks offered by the Association do not count toward SVN Elite status and may not participate in the SPG Conversion Program (exchanging the timeshare week for SPG Starpoints). The Elite and SPG Conversion programs are funded by the Developer and are not available for this Association resale program.
• This offer is limited to timeshare weeks owned by this Association.
• The Association is not offering to take back any timeshare weeks. This is an offer to resell timeshare weeks already owned by the Association.
Please note that this is not a public offering but a limited term internal offer to owners. This offer begins April 15, 2014 and ends May 14, 2014.

The Association website will only be active beginning on April 15, 2014, at 12:00 PM Eastern Time, until May 14, 2014 4:00 PM Eastern Time.

Should you have any questions regarding this information, for the fastest response time, please email us at 00SVO-resaleoffer@starwoodvo.com.

Sincerely,

St. John Condominium Owners Association
Board of Directors

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for posting the email - I did not get this... (not in my spam or trash folders either) strange.

From the listings - you can really get an idea of the values for WSJ VGV VOIs - based on type and season. The SOs for Plat season is going up over 50% in 2015. Surprised this is not mentioned in the email or reflected in the listings.

Last edited:

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks for posting the email - I did not get this... (not in my spam or trash folders either) strange.

From the listings - you can really get an idea of the values for WSJ VGV VOIs - based on type and season. The SOs for Plat season is going up over 50% in 2015. Surprised this is not mentioned in the email or reflected in the listings.
We own 2 weeks at the WSJ hillside villas and didn't get the email either. What's up with that?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Is it any wonder that the Association wasn't able to get the bedroom wall in buildings 41 and 42 approved? They obviously don't have up-to-date contact information for all the owners.

You would think the e-mail on the owner's SVO account would be the one they would use, but I didn't get the April 10 e-mail either.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
You would think, but this has been an issue for years - plus there 2 VGV Owner email registries.

I sent an email to 00SVO-resaleoffer@starwoodvo.com - informing them that apparently not all VGV Owners received the email.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Let the conspiracy theories begin! They know who you are, David! ;)

Sent from my iPad

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We aren't owners at WSJ, but we are staying there now. We will be going through an owner's update (er, sales presentation) tomorrow morning, so I will ask if they have any insights about the process. Of course the sales staff may not know anything, but it's worth asking.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We aren't owners at WSJ, but we are staying there now. We will be going through an owner's update (er, sales presentation) tomorrow morning, so I will ask if they have any insights about the process. Of course the sales staff may not know anything, but it's worth asking.

Is it worth it to go to the sales presentation? We have no interest in buying, but I would love to have a tour of the other phases...are they relatively quick? Or do they drag on? Incentives worth it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to go to the sales presentation? We have no interest in buying, but I would love to have a tour of the other phases...are they relatively quick? Or do they drag on? Incentives worth it?

Not worth it. It took almost 2-3 hours when I foolishly went.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

When I go to an 'Owners Update' (1/yr) - it is always the one at WSJ. But, more because I am a StJ fan, and sales people are locals - and gives an opportunity to see the villas in the new phases. We have gotten some reasonable benefits for doing the 'tour'.

So... I am not against the WSJ Owners Update - but set your watch and be firm (as always) - and of course do not buy until you have done adequate research. I can see where buying WSJ from SVO is possible, in some instances (like having $ too burn)

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We went to the presentation today, which was suppose to last one hour. We were there about 1:45, but that's primarily because we like to ask questions. We had a choice of $125 WSJ dollars or 6,000 SPG points. We opted for the points as we are trying to build our point package for future use.

The sales rep was very pleasant and we enjoyed talking with him. I asked him about not all Hillside owners receiving the email about the sale of units, and we was surprised by that, as everyone should have received it. Didn't expect to hear much more than that.

He did drive us over to see the construction of the Coral Vista units (remodeling of the hotel rooms). It is coming along nicely, but they don't have any models to show.

They discussed prices, but we did not buy. Headed out to the beaches tomorrow.

Mike

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much Mike. I think we will attend one. Worth a couple hours for me to get to see some other units.

Lee

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked him about not all Hillside owners receiving the email about the sale of units, and we was surprised by that, as everyone should have received it. Didn't expect to hear much more than that.

Mike

That isn't suprising as the Sales Office has no interaction with the HOA I have been told.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We went to the presentation today, which was suppose to last one hour. We were there about 1:45, but that's primarily because we like to ask questions. We had a choice of $125 WSJ dollars or 6,000 SPG points. We opted for the points as we are trying to build our point package for future use.

The sales rep was very pleasant and we enjoyed talking with him. I asked him about not all Hillside owners receiving the email about the sale of units, and we was surprised by that, as everyone should have received it. Didn't expect to hear much more than that.

He did drive us over to see the construction of the Coral Vista units (remodeling of the hotel rooms). It is coming along nicely, but they don't have any models to show.

They discussed prices, but we did not buy. Headed out to the beaches tomorrow.

Mike

Mike,
When we were there in November, they had models to show. My impression was they were VERY small. The models were at the very end of the building. Felt bad for those staying on the first floor of the hotel....lots of people walking by their patios who were doing the tour.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much Mike. I think we will attend one. Worth a couple hours for me to get to see some other units.

Lee

We normally attend an Owner's Update about once a year. I like to hear what is the latest news from Starwood. Plus, I have had many deals in the works over the years. For a change, I think I am done wheeling and dealing......especially since there are no more "new" resorts in the works.