• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tipping Window Installers?

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are varying opinions on the internet so I wanted to get the opinions of folks here.

Would you tip window installers and if so, how much?

Thank you!!

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm cheap...Depending on how long it took(Big bay window or just a double hung) and how many people it took to do it....I'll usually throw them enough money to buy them lunch

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As with most service providers, I don't tip unless they do things that are exemplary or perform additional services beyond those that are billed.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
No one tips construction workers. Making or buying them lunch makes them uncomfortable as well. Would you tip the checker at Walmart ?

The best thing to do if you enjoyed the work process is to give them a good reference to their boss.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No

No.I thought your title meant the installers were drinking. At the rates charged we never tip service personnel as they make more than we ever did.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
No one tips construction workers. Making or buying them lunch makes them uncomfortable as well. Would you tip the checker at Walmart ?

The best thing to do if you enjoyed the work process is to give them a good reference to their boss.

No.... At the rates charged we never tip service personnel as they make more than we ever did.
I agree with this.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
With all the computer topics on TUG recently I thought you were referring to Microsoft Windows. This made the title of the thread very confusing. Glad I looked to see what it was all about. Regardless, I wouldn't tip the window installers.

tlwmkw

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all the computer topics on TUG recently I thought you were referring to Microsoft Windows. This made the title of the thread very confusing. Glad I looked to see what it was all about. Regardless, I wouldn't tip the window installers.

tlwmkw

In my experience Windows basically is self-installed. Once down loaded an automatic installer begins its job. I definitely would not tip the windows "installer". I am totally not confused on this point.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
There are varying opinions on the internet so I wanted to get the opinions of folks here.

Thank you!!

Why? Why is it everyone in America thinks they need to tip or be tipped? My rule of thumb is, if they make less than minimum wage, I'll tip. Otherwise they've contracted for amount they'll accept for the services they preform. I would not be tipping general contract labor. I'm paying them the asking price and the laborers are working for the wage they've accepted.

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree with not tipping, but I always offer a beverage or to order them lunch. The checker at Walmart has a better chance (if I shopped there) of getting tipped from me since he/she is only making minimum wage.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always tip your surgeon

I always make a point of tipping my surgeon. Half of the promised tip up front the other half if I survive the surgery.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why

Thank you!!

Are they special? Do you tip everyone? Where I work we are not allowed to take tips and can be fired if we do and our wages certainly aren't even average so I am careful about who I tip.
We did tip our carpet installer only because him and his helpers were afraid of us ruining the carpet when we had to move the player piano back onto the carpet so they helped us. I gave them an extra $40 for lunch and our carpet looks great and the piano is right where we wanted it.
Bart

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always make a point of tipping my surgeon. Half of the promised tip up front the other half if I survive the surgery.

your not serious right?:ponder: