• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Disney Experience

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Disney World but haven't been for several years, and the last thing I want to do is plan every day in advance down to which rides and when. Can you experts give your opinion on when is the best time to go if you're looking for the least crowded weeks with weather in the high 70's/low 80's? I'm afraid that if it's not possible to "wing it" anymore, I'll never get Don to go back. ;)
"Least crowded" is still crowded. From the busiest days of the year to the slowest, you might be looking at the difference between 100,000 people and 50,000 people. It still takes some planning. If you go to Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin' or Test Track at Noon on the slowest day of the year, it still might have a 60 minute wait.

As for perfect weather days, that's tough. Orlando gets hot early (we've seen sweltering heat for Spring Break and as late as October). And the cooler months can be hit or miss. We've had pool days in December and February, and we've also (more rarely) had days where a heavy jacket didn't cut it.

Probably the two best times to go with those criteria (low crowds, nice weather), would be in February (avoiding the week before or after President's Day) or in early December (avoid the week after Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas). Those are slower times, and the weather is usually pretty nice. Probably a bit lower than the upper 70s that you're looking for, but with all the walking I actually find the upper 60s to be MUCH more comfortable.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
We like October and the first full week in December. Used to even pull our kids out of school to go before truancy jail from no kid left behind. I think family trips are educational. Now not tied to school schedule.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
One family/one reservation not bad on MDE. Start having multiple families/reservations, and it gets tricky :roll eyes: We are experiencing that now. It can be a bit overwhelming at first but it's really not that bad.

I have no patience so my son (his own reservation) called to help finish linking us. We were doing fine but then kept encountering error/problems. I know we will be calling again since another party still has to sign up for MDE.

Planning so far in advance, not much of a fan. We do not plan too many ADRs/FPs. I like to have some free time. We like lot's of down time/less parks - what if it rains the morning we were planing/thinking of spending time by the pool? What if someone is sick - not big/major problems. I don't want to have a strict schedule when on vacation.

If you want to get certain rides in/are a must - it is great though since there are really no more slow times in Disney. Having a Fps - no more need to wait 90 minutes for a ride. It has it's pros and cons like everything else.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I know I need tickets to do FP+, do I also need something to do ADRs at 180 days? I'm still waiting on an RCI search.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
This is the first visit where I have really tried to utilize the my Disney Experience site before coming.

It was a total pain. There are many pages of circular logic... like signing up for a fast pass, says you can if you are staying at a resort and 60 days out, does not say in the beginning you have ot have tickets, but you do. So no more waiting to buy tickets til you get here, unless you don't want fast passes. I stuck with it though, many phone calls and long sessions getting all the plans linked, but I pity those who come here any longer thinking you can just walk in get a ticket, ride rides, and go to any restaurants you want.

I almost would pay to have someone do all this planning, linking for me!

Even 3 weeks out no fast passes for toy story. Almost 6 months out and we had a hard time get reservations for be my guest. We routinely heard people trying to get in restaurants and being told to come back at 8:30 or 9 that night with little kids. Pretty usual wait lines of 60 to 120 minutes.

I am glad I spent the time, made our trip nicers, but now I feel from here on out I am going to have to come up with a previsit checklist. No more spontaneous buy the ticket when we get there stuff.

I am interested to hear others experience with my disney experience. I wish the website had a shorter name!

Wow! That stinks! No more room for spontaneity? I remember the days when we just bought the ticket at the gate, roamed around freely until tired, and even lined up for lunch at Be My Guest when it was newly opened and got in (they cut the line right after us). I hope Disney realizes this is not the park experience we want when paying a hundred bucks to get in.