• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC waterside Cabins coming to Wilderness Lodge

DVC Mike

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC is adding 26 waterside cabins to the east and west of the Wilderness Lodge looking out onto Bay Lake. Also included with the project are new restaurants and recreation buildings together with new pools and upgrades to existing pools.

DVC Expansion at Wilderness Lodge

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
If they charge as much per night as the Bungalows at the Poly, count me OUT. Though I find the bungalows gorgeous and pretty special for certain (I've been in the about 3 times now), I just can't justify such a chunk of points when I can get a GV at VGF or Aulani for the same price per night…… it will be interesting to watch and see what they do. :shrug:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Actually this is pretty smart of DVC to build these few units and sell a gazillion points with them. They don't have to build a gazillion studios that will need to be cleaned and service all those guests and we will all be knocking each other over trying to get those studios with the new bunch of owners. Then when they sit empty Disney rents them for big bucks. :annoyed:

Now they are going to do it again at Wilderness lodge. All those new owners will now have advanced booking and screw up the availability of the cheap points units.

I'm sure we won't see the effects initially, since people will be booking those bungalows and cabins until the novelty wears off, then begins the fun. :crash:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Interesting...thanks for the update :)

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool, but I wonder if they will cost so many points that most people will never see the inside of one:rolleyes:

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure these will be the same condo association as the existing VWL.
True, they could create a separate association and still have it part of "The Club." But given past history (THVs at SSR, and the bungalows at Poly), I think it will be the same.

And, I think criskre's point about the new owners with massive numbers of points being able to get regular VWL units for cheap at 11 months is a very perceptive and valid concern.

Last edited:

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually this is pretty smart of DVC to build these few units and sell a gazillion points with them. They don't have to build a gazillion studios that will need to be cleaned and service all those guests and we will all be knocking each other over trying to get those studios with the new bunch of owners. Then when they sit empty Disney rents them for big bucks. :annoyed:

Now they are going to do it again at Wilderness lodge. All those new owners will now have advanced booking and screw up the availability of the cheap points units.

I'm sure we won't see the effects initially, since people will be booking those bungalows and cabins until the novelty wears off, then begins the fun. :crash:

You have a point...interesting stuff I never thought of before.