• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Orlando Resorts offer the most Amenities?

Jdmalibu

Reaction score
I am planning an impromptu trip to Orlando area, and don't plan on leaving the resort too much(no Disney this time). What resorts are recommended for kids 2-10, with a lot of amenities? I'm not stuck on Orlando, just don't want to travel much further south.

Looking to travel next week, and will purchase a week from here, red week, or eBay.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek has lots of stuff for kids.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you going to line them up and let them watch all the other lids go to universal and dismal land ?

Jdmalibu

Reaction score
Well, we just did Disney 11/2013. So we will most likely be content with alternatives. Really just looking forward to escaping 4 foot of snow.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I will limit to resorts I have Visited

1. Disney Resorts: Beach Club, Boardwalk, Animal kingdom
2. Marriott Grande Vista
3 Marriott Lakeshore
4. Hiltons: Seaworld, Parc Soliel
5. Sheraton Vistana Villiages

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If you're thinking about booking something for President's week, I suggest finding out which timeshares still have availability. It's a busy time in Orlando.

Historic Attendance Levels for the Parks (means more folks are staying in the area) - http://allears.net/pl/attend.htm

I think most of the Orlando timeshares have some sort of resort activities. Here are some links.
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Activity Guide for December thru February - https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffrweb/pdfs/BonnetCreek_AG.pdf
The Activity & Movie Guide for the three Hilton Grand Vacations Club Resorts in Orlando - https://www.facebook.com/HiltonGrandVacations/app_128953167177144?ref=page_internal

There's also lots to do in Orlando beyond the 4 major DisneyWorld Parks.
"Beyond the Theme Parks" - http://allears.net/btp/beyond.htm
"Disney World Activities: Tours, DisneyQuest, Water Parks & More" - http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...ney-world-tours-disneyquest-water-parks-more/
"Florida Discounts & Deals" - http://www.mousesavers.com/florida-discounts-deals/

Good Luck :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reunion has a super water park, and golf for the adults, and several nice restaurants on site

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
10+ trips years in O with 3 kids 2-10. I am VERY picky. So, my list would (IMHO) be as follows in this order:
Any DVC--great for kids--tons to do outside of WDW parks--my 1st choice.
Bonnet Creek (Never been, but SIL is also picky and loved Bonnet Creek with kids and didn't go into WDW for the whole week.
Any Marriott (but, I really like Marriott Harbour Lake. Great pools, esp. pirate ship--all M's have very good kids activities).
Any HGVC
OLCC (don't like the beds/overall vibe as well), but still very nice and tons to do onsite. We had several awesome trips with kids there.
Starwood Vistana
Cypress Pointe or Grand Villas--rooms not nearly as nice as other--but fun pools and putt-putt and easy back road to Ft W for campfire and also to DTD.
It's 20 degree in Dc and we are maybe getting 8+ inches of snow tomorrow--have fun!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we just did Disney 11/2013. So we will most likely be content with alternatives. Really just looking forward to escaping 4 foot of snow.

Can't relate to 4 inches of snow, it's been in the low 80's here .

Disney sells annual passes for certain people, growing up local to Anaheim we would go more often than every 15 months, but for a day not a week, at current pricing you couldn't make me go. DW & DD is another story.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reunion

We went to Disney and after a week at Horizons - which I thought was the very best Marriott for children in the area; so much to do on site (and your children are the perfect ages) - - we spent 4 days at Reunion resort and never left between the pool, bikes, golf, etc. Either of these would be my top Orlando with kids (2-10) recommendation.

If you are looking for a fun place for kids near the ocean you might also try Hammock Beach Resort on the Palm Coast - - the water facilities (including an indoor pool if the weather is poor) and ocean were super! We went after having such a great time at the Reunion Resort in Orlando (but if you go make sure you have full access to the resort amenities). Unfortunately this is NOT a timeshare.

Another great Florida location with kids.......South Seas at Captiva (or anywhere on Captiva) - LOVE IT!

We always travel with kids......
So I am always on the look out for great kid friendly/entertaining destinations!
Judy

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
STAR ISLAND---either through Wyndham, RCI, or renting from owners. The same pool DJ has been keeping kids (and adults) happy, happy, happy for about 15 years. LOTS to do at SI and close to everything else. If you have to consider a budget---this resort is a great value.