• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cost to convert Wyndham (Pahio) Bali Hai to FF Points?

jzirker

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it would cost us to convert our Wyndham (formerly Pahio) Bali Hai ownership to a FF Points property? Can it be done? I think from what I've heard we don't have the same access to the great Fairfield system just because we got bought by them, correct?

Has anyone converted and what was your experience?

Thanks!

Jeff

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it would cost us to convert our Wyndham (formerly Pahio) Bali Hai ownership to a FF Points property? Can it be done? I think from what I've heard we don't have the same access to the great Fairfield system just because we got bought by them, correct?

Has anyone converted and what was your experience?

Thanks!

Jeff
Cindy (of Rick & Cindy) looked into this about a year or so ago. I think the price was quite high.

Most people who buy into the wyndham hawaii resorts do it so they can stay at the hawaii resorts.

PS I'm moving this to the wyndham board where you should get some answers from Wyndham owners.

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham will usually offer you the option of transferring your ownership to FSP. My location in New Orleans was bought out years ago. I learned about it when I next visited which was a couple of years since I did an exchange. ie. they make the pitch when you do the owners update.

I can not tell you how much Bali Hai is but my conversion was around $2000. This was for about 130,000 points. Back then ebay purchases were worth and 3cents a point or close to $4000. This made it a good value for me, plus eventually it counted towards my VIP status. Certainly gave me way better use options without having to go thru II.

Randy

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should call Wyndam directly as this is the easier course for this type of transaction. Some people say they have paid $2450 for 1st week and less for the 2nd week and so on...

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong, since I never involve in TS HOA. But you need to talk to your HOA board. They are the one that will determine if they want to joint Wyndham's point system or not. And they may or may not be able to neg. the conversion fee.

The standard fee is $2,395 1st week, and $995 for the following week up to 4 weeks. But as I say, you HOA may decide not to join, thus your week will not be convertable.
And I also known some HOA neg. to get conversion 1st week to 995. But they will have all the conversion information.

The 2nd best pepole maybe your management company. The 3rd one is the Wyndham corp assume you can find one willing to transfer your call to the right person, the last one is talk to a saleman.

If you purchase from them, it will include the conversion if you purchase x amount from them, don't know what the x is for 1st week and following week now. Few year back, I believe is 77k. Usually cost too much than direct convesion.

As to access, you don't have access to FSP inventory, but FSP also have no access to PAHIO inventory. FSP does have inventories if the current owner convert or if there is any new development and future developement.

If you like to have flexibility, it worth to convert. At this moment, it may have the best value.

Jya-Ning

slabeaume

Reaction score
We almost converted last March. In order to do so, you HAVE to buy another week at BAli Hai (Or perhaps another Wyndham resort will let you buy a week at their resort and convert you current weeks into Wyndham---he wasn't real clear about that). For us to buy a week and get our 2 weeks e&o years at KBV converted to Wyndham points would have been $17,000 (which they later tried to drop to $13,000 when we went back to back out of the deal). After reading up on Wyndham, I decided I liked Worldmark better (which I also already have), so plan to just keep my weeks at Pahio to go back to every year.