• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is trading into Disney Vacation Club via RCI possible?

lizfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm pretty behind on my timeshare news, but I just realized that several Disney Vacation Club timeshares are now affiliated with RCI. Is it possible to exchange into DVC in the Orlando area and if so, how hard are the exchanges (I haven't been able to pull a single DVC timeshare yet).

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
me neither.

seems it is pretty hard.

you might try calling and see if they can get you one.

that say HGVC and Wnydham Bonnett Creek are showing up. HGVC in May, Sept, Oct, Dec. Only saw Wyndham in Sept.

before never saw WBC - saw HGVC but only in Sept.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It takes a pretty good trader to get the DVC weeks. So it depends what you are using to search, but yes, it is very possible to get DVC weeks. I posted a huge sighting of weeks just this morning, mostly for fall and early winter, 2009-2010.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
It takes a pretty good trader to get the DVC weeks. So it depends what you are using to search, but yes, it is very possible to get DVC weeks. I posted a huge sighting of weeks just this morning, mostly for fall and early winter, 2009-2010.

can an RCI weeks get dvc week. i have a good trader but do they mix weeks and points?

new to this. i have II so i decided to be able to trade with both major systems. we will see.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is a lot of info. and lots of sightings on the TUG Sightings board about exchanging for DVC with RCI.

Here is the major Exchange Board Thread on the topic - RCI & DVC

Last edited:

Stricky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with the relationship between RCI and DVC having only started 1/1/09. DVC weeks are only available if they are deposited in RCI and it will probably take a while for DVC members to catch on and explore outside DVC or II. Plus with the number of RCI members vs DVC members any deposited weeks would probably be gone quick.

Please note that the opinions expressed above are my own. Since I am new at this also, you should probably ignor them. :)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think a lot of it has to do with the relationship between RCI and DVC having only started 1/1/09. DVC weeks are only available if they are deposited in RCI and it will probably take a while for DVC members to catch on and explore outside DVC or II. Plus with the number of RCI members vs DVC members any deposited weeks would probably be gone quick.

Please note that the opinions expressed above are my own. Since I am new at this also, you should probably ignor them. :)

There are well over 100 DVC weeks available right now on RCI. The relationship between RCI and DVC seems right on track to me. I intend to exchange into DVC whenever I can, both through RCI weeks and RCI points.

The inventory in RCI today is far more than I ever saw on II. It just looks to me as if RCI doesn't hide inventory, they put it out for all to see. If you look at the sightings board here, you will see the numbers. :)

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got off rci website and they had additional inventory that was not there earlier in the day. Saw the following dates at DVC December 19, 20 and then Jan. 2. I have an RCI points account, not sure if this is what is different than those with a week they have to deposit into RCI.

Good luck:)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are well over 100 DVC weeks available right now on RCI. The relationship between RCI and DVC seems right on track to me. I intend to exchange into DVC whenever I can, both through RCI weeks and RCI points.

The inventory in RCI today is far more than I ever saw on II. It just looks to me as if RCI doesn't hide inventory, they put it out for all to see. If you look at the sightings board here, you will see the numbers. :)

I think there are two reasons so much inventory is showing up. First, many RCI owners are not aware or have just recently become aware of DVC being available. When DVC was with II there were also constant ongoing searches taking most of the DVC deposits before they were visible.

The second reason is that part of the DVC-RCI agreement probably was that DVC give RCI a certain amount of units from the start.

lizfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually have three different timeshare weeks banked and I couldn't pull a single DVC with any of these weeks. The one timeshare I own that would be a great trader in Laguna Beach is never banked because I always rent it. I placed an ongoing search with my St. Croix week at Hotel on the Cay hoping I will get lucky.

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
I was able to get a week at DVC Boardwalk Villas (11/28-12/5/09) with my Points account, there was a pretty good amound of availability at a few different DVC resorts on the Points side, not sure about the Weeks side as I don't have a banked week to search with.

shar

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seatime, Aruba Divi Phoenix, A Place at the Beach III
I was able to see this morning two DV resorts with weeks for summer and fall 2009. This is using a strong trader.

Shar

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
me neither.

seems it is pretty hard.

you might try calling and see if they can get you one.

that say HGVC and Wnydham Bonnett Creek are showing up. HGVC in May, Sept, Oct, Dec. Only saw Wyndham in Sept.

before never saw WBC - saw HGVC but only in Sept.

Hey, it's spiceycat from the Dis boards! :wave:

spicey...do you know if RCI charges the $95 that II charged for exchangers into DVC?

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i haven't been with rci in many years so i just wanted to know if a sdo winter week will be able to trade into dvc. when they were iwth II i was able to trade with the same unit.

i hope i am not disappointed with my decision to go with rci, as i already have an II account with my other units.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's $95 for nothing

Yes, they do. (And, really, it's DVC doing the charging, payable on check-in.)

And just to be perfectly clear you are simply paying a trade penalty - you get NOTHING for the $95 as all the so called "features" (transportation, ridiculous and worthless delivery of overpriced trinkets to your unit, etc) are already paid for and included by the owner of the deposited time. The $95 is just pure profit for DVC but if you want to stay there using a trade you have no choice but to pay. If it's worth it is up to you, and to try it once is recommended so you know you're not missing anything. But I prefer the often larger, higher quality and better equipped off site timeshares that surround Orlando vs the DVC units and the continuous immersion in everything Disney. About 1 or 2 days of that is all we can possibly stand. There is so much more than Disney in Orkando and an off site resort makes it much easier to enjoy.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
i haven't been with rci in many years so i just wanted to know if a sdo winter week will be able to trade into dvc. when they were iwth II i was able to trade with the same unit.

i hope i am not disappointed with my decision to go with rci, as i already have an II account with my other units.

Hi Barbra - for a sightings Request, go to the Sightings and Distress Board under the Lounge Board and post a request, and other members will respond.