• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Fantasy -- great ship

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

We just got back last night from a week on DCL's new ship, the Fantasy. A great trip, I was impressed by the customer-service mentality that Disney brings as well as the many many options available to entertain the family. It was wonderful for kids of all ages, and very impressive how they handle the children (my youngest is 7).

I did a mini-presentation and they are pushing 240 point packages at Aulani for $27,000 and 160 point packages for $18,000, which they said were "only for cruise guests" and that prices will go up on April XX.

I wish I had great pictures of the ship to post (like AlwaysonVac) but I lost the camera on the last day.....:bawl: I'm still in the doghouse...

Best,

Greg

megan_rose5

Banned
Reaction score
enjoyed

Great, I do love disney land not only for kids but adult too.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Greg, glad to hear you and your family had a great trip. We haven't taken a cruise, but plan to do so one day. We plan to check out Aulani during our stay at Ko Olina in a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear about the camera.

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! I have a question - How is the adult pool area? When I went on the Dream, it seemed as if most of the passengers, including kids, passed by the adult pool. It was not relaxing at all. I also thought getting into the adult pool was awkward for even young people and very difficult for older adults with mobility issues. I saw one older gentlemen being helped by 3 Disney employees and two friends/relatives because there was only a small metal ladder, not steps. I know Disney got a lot of negative feedback on those issues. Did they improve them on the Fantasy?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! I have a question - How is the adult pool area? When I went on the Dream, it seemed as if most of the passengers, including kids, passed by the adult pool. It was not relaxing at all. I also thought getting into the adult pool was awkward for even young people and very difficult for older adults with mobility issues. I saw one older gentlemen being helped by 3 Disney employees and two friends/relatives because there was only a small metal ladder, not steps. I know Disney got a lot of negative feedback on those issues. Did they improve them on the Fantasy?

I don't know it was on the other ship, but I can see where the adult pool on Fantasy would have had the same situation....they were more of plunge pools (which makes sense on a cruise ship).

We did remark that the kids pool seemed like a koi pond at times....

Great stuff though!

Best,

Greg

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,
Glad to hear your family had a good time. Sorry about the camera, maybe you just need to take another cruise to take some more pictures.

Steve

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yikes, sorry about the camera.

I recently saw the DVC webcast of the Fantasy with Samantha Brown. The ship looks wonderful.

I'm glad you had a great time.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you had a great time. We are booked for next year. I can't wait. The ship looks beautiful from all the pictures I have seen. How awful to loose your camera - so sorry to hear that.

Jay MA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto

:) We were on the Fantasy in June. It was very nice. I am always amazed that with that many people on the cruise it rarely seems crowded.

On our cruise they had the art director from Pixar's Brave on board. He gave a lecture, did a drawing class and introduced the film before it was shown in the WD Theatre (in 3D). They even did a 12:01 am showing on the day it premiered in the US.

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Fantasy

We were on the Fantasy May 26 - June 2. Had a wonderful vacation with our son and his family (grandchildren ages 9 and 12). We booked the Balcony Guarantee category, which meant we were graranteed a balcony cabin but could not select our cabins. We were assigned the cabins two weeks prior to sailing on Deck 9, adjoining cabins. This was a perfect set up for us and a great location on the ship. Nobody does it like Disney.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The fantasy is a great ship, just got back form the western Caribbean Saturday. Had a wonderful time on the shiip and the kids enjoyed the aquaduck. They met new friends and stayed out late, The wave phone is great. The phone now works on castaway cay.

Only bummer on our trip, when we got back some guy in a silver mini van hit the bumper on our SUV, we got a note from someone. Pretty sad situation with people not taking responsibility for their mistakes.

The adult area on the ship is just fun, Trevor has great acts, and the willing to get out on the dance floor.

Booked for next year on the ship.
Don

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were on the Fantasy the last week of April. It is the most beautiful and innovative ship on which we have ever sailed.

However, there was a huge negative - smoking is still allowed on the balconies. I can't understand this, as Disney ships cater to children, and smoking is not allowed on balconies of any Disney resorts.

All of the cruise lines on which we sail, such as Celebrity, Princess, Oceania allow smoking only on specific areas of the outside public deck.

We had the unfortunate experience of being next door and down wind to heavy smokers, which made it almost impossible to enjoy sitting on our balcony, where we love to spend a lot of time.

Hopefully the policy will change in future, but until then, we will not return to Disney ships.

MsCoach

Reaction score
The fantasy is a great ship, just got back form the western Caribbean Saturday. Had a wonderful time on the shiip and the kids enjoyed the aquaduck. They met new friends and stayed out late, The wave phone is great. The phone now works on castaway cay.

Only bummer on our trip, when we got back some guy in a silver mini van hit the bumper on our SUV, we got a note from someone. Pretty sad situation with people not taking responsibility for their mistakes.

The adult area on the ship is just fun, Trevor has great acts, and the willing to get out on the dance floor.

Booked for next year on the ship.
Don

We were on that sailing too! WE LOVED THE FANTASY!

Satellite Falls was my favorite spot on the ship!