• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HCC Bankruptcy Status

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Seems all quiet on the western front. CK thanks all former members for the contributions to his retirement plan.

Reaction score
I took a look at the bankruptcy file online. There are various filings recently, but overall it's pretty quiet. Court entered an order that allows the bankruptcy estates of HCC and CK to share the proceeds (I suspect along the lines that members received notification of). Court placated the title company by ordering that the bidders in the bankruptcy sale would receive the properties free and clear of liens. Phoenix Club is being allowed to question CK and can require him to produce various documents.

Reaction score
Very interesting article on High Country Club and Christian Kirschner and also discusses The Phoenix Club/Second Home Destinations:

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_16938799

I'm surprised it took so long before someone realized that the properties were not owned by the club and that the homes were leveraged to the hilt.

It'd be nice if someone like Marriott entered the sub $1M DC space. Clearly there was a need, and it could do well if run and backed properly, when combined with a good structure that actually protects members.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Very interesting article on High Country Club and Christian Kirschner and also discusses The Phoenix Club/Second Home Destinations:

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_16938799

I'm surprised it took so long before someone realized that the properties were not owned by the club and that the homes were leveraged to the hilt.

It'd be nice if someone like Marriott entered the sub $1M DC space. Clearly there was a need, and it could do well if run and backed properly, when combined with a good structure that actually protects members.

Tarheel,

Was that Steamboat Bill that was mentioned in the article?

Richard

WhiteSand

Reaction score
Has anyone joined SecondHome Destinations? I really like the HCC experience but I'm leery about committing to antoher one of these schemes. Not much info on the website about how many points each location "costs".

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
second home destinations does have the lowest deposits (with offer)

although luxus and rocksure have the lowest dues

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

And another of 'us' was mentioned -- Carl -- you ham -- big smile ... I sure owe you a big annual THANK YOU for working with myself & Stuart to get us out of that mess like we did.

The Denver author must have read this MB to get those two names and PM'd them.

Think I will wait a year and see what happens to real estate values ... boy - reading zerohedge.com makes you extra jumpy....:)

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/roubini-its-pretty-clear-housing-market-has-already-double-dipped

Happy New Year to all

Greg

jcjl1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are We?

Is the bankruptcy ever going to finalize? What is the status?

holycow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has any of the former members received a notice from Bankruptcy court about the Omni? Or does anyone care? lol

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Yes ... I received it, but didn't pay much attention to it ... too much legal mumbo jumbo. So I guess the court is still working on it .. takes forever it seems.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is my favorite part from the article:

"Kirschner, who didn’t return email requests for comment, now operates Executive Triathlon Coaching, according to the website executivetriathloncoaching.com.

A website for his commercial real estate firm, Kirschner Partners LLC, is still up, but the phone number for the firm has been disconnected".

I guess his new biz bombed also as the triathlon coaching link is not active either.

Slime...

AKTHUE

Reaction score
Came across this which may be old news to you guys, but if not it makes interesting reading. I haven't been following the High Country Club situation for some time...does anyone know anything current? Is CK in jail yet?

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/print-edition/2011/02/04/bankruptcy-trustee-sues-travel-club.html

I am not aware of any criminal case against Kirschner, though perhaps there are grounds.

In light of Kirschner's actions, it isn't surprising that the trustee is suing him. The trustee's responsibility is to maximize the recovery for creditors and claims against Kirschner and the auditor are an asset the trustee is supposed to recover. I doubt there will be anything left for members.

cattledog

Reaction score
HCC Bankruptcy News

Hello, hello, anyone alive on this forum? Did anyone receive the letter from the HCC bankruptcy trustee regarding attempts to pay off four creditors that have not been fruitful? Sounds like the trustee would like to pay funds into the 'registry of the court' (legal translation welcome, please) to the order of $1.5M.

Does anyone know if all secured creditors have been paid off? Would this $1.5M then get us ex members a few pennies on the dollar for our deposit refunds?

Thanks.

Cattledog

AKTHUE

Reaction score
Hello, hello, anyone alive on this forum? Did anyone receive the letter from the HCC bankruptcy trustee regarding attempts to pay off four creditors that have not been fruitful? Sounds like the trustee would like to pay funds into the 'registry of the court' (legal translation welcome, please) to the order of $1.5M.

Does anyone know if all secured creditors have been paid off? Would this $1.5M then get us ex members a few pennies on the dollar for our deposit refunds?

Thanks.

Cattledog

I got the same notice. The lenders were defunct firms like Countrywide, Indymac and Washington Mutual. Bailed out by taxpayers. I am sure they are still collecting on their loans. It is ridiculous that the bankruptcy courts cannot connect these parties.

I think the chance that unsecured creditors like us will get anyhing in HCC is remote. It's just a matter of what else can they get for secured creditors. These funds should be going to the states of Countrywide, WaMu etc.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is ridiculous that the bankruptcy courts cannot connect these parties.

I was amazed at the steps the Trustee took to try and return funds to these lenders without any response from them. It just shows how inept their lending & foreclosure processing really is!

I recall a long line of Super-Priority claims even before the HCC secured debt holders so I really doubt any cash ever gets to HCC members ... unless the Trustee finds a winning mega-millions lotto ticket somewhere in the HCC files.

WhiteSand

Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of the HCC bankruptcy? I get occasional mail from the court but no indication as to whether this is close to resolution...

AKTHUE

Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of the HCC bankruptcy? I get occasional mail from the court but no indication as to whether this is close to resolution...

What resolution do you expect? The case will continue as long as there is cash to pay the BK lawyers. When they have consumed what is left, they will shut it down. The creditors won't get anything.

tripTX

Reaction score
Any updates?

We haven't received any notices in a while. Has anyone else had an update in the last year?

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
amazing that thus guy stills pops up on my Linkedin account ...and an option to Join ...yeh ..right ...

Greg