• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just back from Coconut Plantation

DavidW

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did a preview at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Bonita Springs. Very nice. Wonderful pool and lazy river, our kids loved it. The pool area was never crowded with only 3 of the 14 proposed buildings finished. But when it's built out, I think it won't be so easy to get a chair.

We saw the eagle fledgling that has delayed construction. They think it will be gone by May, then they will start on the next 3 buildings. According to the sales person, those will be sold in blocks of 4-week ownerships.

I would have been more tempted to buy if it had an ocean or at least intra-coastal water view. Siesta Key sounds good, but again, fractional ownership.

David
My art

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
David
We stopped by one aferenoon while visiting Marco. Interior decor and resort amenities were wonderful,top shelf. Never had seen Hyatt properties before.

The thing that stopped us was the beach. If we want to go to a beach we want to be right there not have to take a shuttle to get to it and wait to be shuttled back. Our favorite locations are resorts where we are able to walk right out to the beach.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Did y'all go to the area where the beaches are, Hickory/Estero Blvd, Hickory Island, Lover's Key, Estero Island (Ft. Myers Beach), or Vanderbilt Beach?

S

Steamboat Bill

I think it will be a LONG time before this resort ever gets built out.

DavidW

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took the Hyatt's boat to there "private" island beach. It was OK, a nice little ride across Estero Bay. We saw dolphins and an eagle swoop down and grab a fish. But I too want to be able to walk out the door to the sand.

Fishstar

Reaction score
We were there for a presentation in 2006. The eagles were there then, so it's funny to see that they continue to stifle development. I think there were only 3 buildings complete back then, too.

We loved it there. The kids had a blast, the room was great, the service was phenomenal. It was great having poolside bars and restaurant.

But the beach was the deal killer for us. The whole "boat to a private island" shpiel conjures up cruise ship images laced with coconut palms, hammocks and tropical drinks.

Uh oh.

It was summer and we took the boat ride. It was low tide, and they couldn't get the boat around to the usual drop-off area, so we endured what could best be desribed as a forced march (with 3 kids, a cooler, bags, towels, etc.) hundreds of yards up the beach to the Hyatt's umbrellas and chairs. The umbrellas were sunk so deep into the sand that the heat radiating from the beach and up into them created something akin to a microwave.

We were on the next boat back.

There are some great beaches nearby. But, like many have said, if we're going to be that close to a beach, we want to be on a beach.