• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Entered ongoing search in II for MM1 only and matched to MMO, not just once--twice!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
This is frustrating! I have a week at Custom House, and I just wanted a 1 bedroom with full kitchen for our trip in late August to Maui. The MMO keeps matching, even though I was told it wouldn't match, if it was not included in my ongoing search.

So the first match I got was for 8/28 in a 1 bedroom MMO. This was 5/8. I called and explained that this has happened before; I have gotten MMO when I requested only MM1. The gal told me I had MMO in my ongoing search. Nope, I told her, and she said, "It wouldn't match if you didn't include it."

Whatever. Arguing is not going to accomplish a thing. So she placed the search for that weekend again, making sure MMO was not in the search. I checked it after she set the search, and it did exclude MMO.

Of course I matched a 1 bed MMO again for 8/29 this time. The match came through at 12:30 AM ET today. :wall:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I know that you don't want MMO (and that is very frustrating that it is matching even though it's not included in your PAID search) but I am happy to see that you are getting multiple matches for Maui, what with all of the DC hullabaloo.

Also, I stayed in an MMO unit a few years ago and liked it more than I thought I would. It was awesome having a full second bathroom and two large balconies. If you need the full kitchen it would be a bummer though.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well, I changed my search to a Westin, using a SBP small one bedroom. A small one bedroom at the Westin has a very usable kitchen, sans oven.

They have a large refrigerator at the Westin. I eat low carb, and it requires cooking to do it right. I have to be careful what I eat.

I could make do with MMO, possibly, going to the store often and using only a microwave. The cooktop is a nice luxury.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had exactly the same experience searching for Marriotts Manor Club at Fords Colony and not Manor Club Sequel. Eventually got what I wanted after declining a couple of unwanted confirmations. One would think the reps could add a preference to the search but they claim it is absolutely unnecessary.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is most annoying to me is the insistence that I entered MMO or wouldn't have gotten it.

Then when I cancel the first MMO (I didn't request), she says I will not get MMO now, because she fixed it to only get MM1. I got MMO a few days later. Ridiculous. Some may think my complaint trite, but to me it shows a lack of competence on the part of II. They insist this does not happen. Well, I now have proof.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this happens because there are some Marriott resorts with multiple II codes. Ko'Olina & Grand Vista have more than one II code. So II lumps them together and considers it the same resort.

They must do the same thing with Maui & Manor Club. So there probably is no way to effectively leave MMO off your search. The II computer system considers MM1 & MMO as the same resort. Just guessing, but it would explain your situation.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What is most annoying to me is the insistence that I entered MMO or wouldn't have gotten it.

Then when I cancel the first MMO (I didn't request), she says I will not get MMO now, because she fixed it to only get MM1. I got MMO a few days later. Ridiculous. Some may think my complaint trite, but to me it shows a lack of competence on the part of II. They insist this does not happen. Well, I now have proof.

My experience with Manor Club is that once I matched on a particular date and size for the Sequel (which I did not request and more than one agent told me that I must have requested it or the computer would not have matched), I would not match again for that particular check in day again but it would continue to default to include MSE along with MMC until all possible check in days were gone. I was using a studio so I would match first to a studio for May 1, and then the 1 br for May 1, and then the studio for May 2, etc. Like you were probably told, I was told that I must have included MSE but now that I have talked to A+ agent, I wouldn't have the problem again because A+ agent fixed it for me. And then the next day it would happen again.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I think this happens because there are some Marriott resorts with multiple II codes. Ko'Olina & Grand Vista have more than one II code. So II lumps them together and considers it the same resort.

They must do the same thing with Maui & Manor Club. So there probably is no way to effectively leave MMO off your search. The II computer system considers MM1 & MMO as the same resort. Just guessing, but it would explain your situation.
Quite possible. I have an exchange into Shadow Ridge Villages, not Enclaves (per what I selected and the confirmation certificate), but I just looked at my History and it says this:
"Currently Confirmed to:
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Villages and Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves - MRD"

Of course the code for Enclaves is MR2, so this is very odd.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In the past, II used to have these two properties separated in their directory. There was one listing for MMO and one for MM1. Now looking at the directory, there is only a single listing. I don't know how they had Manor Club setup before but they are listed as a single resort in the current directory.

For Maui Ocean Club, is is possible when setting up the search to indicate that you need a kitchen? There is such a setting when making a request. Does this also allow matches to limited kitchens?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
In the past, II used to have these two properties separated in their directory. There was one listing for MMO and one for MM1. Now looking at the directory, there is only a single listing. I don't know how they had Manor Club setup before but they are listed as a single resort in the current directory.

They have done the same thing with DSV I & DSV II