• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

More E-Plus Questions

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, say I trade my studio for a 1 bedroom and add an E-plus.

1) First of all, can I do an ongoing search for an E-plus trade?
2) Would the trade power be that of the original studio or that of the 1 bedroom?
3) When you do an E-plus, it doesn't have to be like an "upgrade" to the same resort, does it?

I'm asking because the place I'm looking at doesn't have studios, just mainly one bedrooms, which is fine because that's all I need. I have a studio expiring at the end of this year which I won't be using. I don't see any availability for the place I want for next summer, so I thought to do an ongoing search with the E-Plus that I will get for this year's studio that is expiring. Sorry if this is confusing.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
1. No, you cannot place an ongoing search with an E-Plus unit
2. The trading value stays intact from your original deposit (Marriott/Starwood's keep their priority, too)
3. You can trade for any unit that you see online

If you have a deposit expiring, booking something close to the expiration date, and adding E-Plus is a good way to extend usage for another year. I really like E-Plus.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Pam is absolutely correct.

I like buying ePlus because it allows me to lock down a travel date and it has given me the flexibility to slide the date a bit as well as up-size the unit. On a recent trip to Hawaii, I grabbed a 1 BR that left me with a 1 day gap between reservations. A week or two later I saw another 1 BR with the perfect date and grabbed it. Then a month later I saw a 2 BR with the same perfect date and changed it again.

In addition, my in-laws have some health issues and having an ePlus can be a bit like an insurance policy in case we need to move the date because of a family emergency.

It is also nice to have an ePlus to search with - - especially if you happen to find a juicy bulk deposit at a hard-to-exchange location.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was experiencing a bit of confusion in my vacation planning, so that helps to simplify it. :)

gerrond

Reaction score
What about if you have an OGS and purchased eplus with it? You get matched but you don't want it and cancelled the match. I assume you will still be on OGS and eplus will take effect only if you confirm your OGS match. Is this correct?

Thanks

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about if you have an OGS and purchased eplus with it? You get matched but you don't want it and cancelled the match. I assume you will still be on OGS and eplus will take effect only if you confirm your OGS match. Is this correct?

Thanks

I believe this is true but I haven't tried it. I do not believe you give up an initial match 24 cancellation just because you purchase E-Plus. If you start performing E-Plus retrades you no longer have the 24 hour cancellation but it should still be in place for the initial match. It would be nice to have something definitive though.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Interval provides direct email for TUG member support
I have recieved notification today that Interval has created a special email address specifically for TUG members who need direct assistance with II questions/concerns/issues.

tugmembers@intervalintl.com

feel free to use this email for appropriate situations where perhaps the regular website or phone number is not getting you the information you need.

straight from the exchanges section....why don't you email them! (and post the reply here)

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Thanks

Yes. I have done this. When you call to cancel within 24 hours you just let them know to put the OGS back on and keep the eplus. You can always wait and add eplus when you get a match you want to keep.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes. I have done this. When you call to cancel within 24 hours you just let them know to put the OGS back on and keep the eplus. You can always wait and add eplus when you get a match you want to keep.

Though I think once you have a match, don't you have to keep EPlus on that. If you cancel the exchange and don't have EPlus on it, you won't be able to add EPlus later because that exchange will be outside the 5 day window? I though this was an issue with EPlus early on? Have they fixed/change that?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Thanks

That has been fixed as well. I have added eplus after confirming and cancelling within the 24 hours. The eplus option stayed on the search for the month until I confirmed and kept an exchange. I then added eplus 2 days after that confirm.