• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

exact date exchange

KGOOSE

Reaction score
so... i've placed ads here and on other sites wanting to make an exchange... im hesitant to "deposit" my week into a pay site like RCI without assurance that I will be able to get what I want..... so reassure me or tell me otherwise

week 7 ski in colorado.... i don't want any other week, presidents week is what I need due to kids being off of school... stayed and skied here for the past 6 years and just looking for a change of scenery... if i cant get another place for the same week, more that happy to just use my owned week....

i just want a simple week 7 unit for unit trade to ski someplace different... and it needs to sleep at least 6....

i am hesitant on paying the RCI membership and depositing my week, only to lose my week and not be able to find another week 7 exchange.....

the posts on here are somewhat scary as to the difficulty in finding what you want.....

thanks for any advice

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Because of the school holiday/ski season, that is a very popular week and I can guarantee that there are already a lot of Ongoing Searches in place - ahead of you for 2016.

For a popular exchange like this, you should put your OGS in as early as possible, and select as many resorts as possible. So you would have a better shot if you request 2017.

Last edited:

KGOOSE

Reaction score
so, if i do "deposit" my week, i assume i can basically kiss it goodbye as it will be snatched up quick... and as you are saying it might be difficult to get what I want?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
so, if i do "deposit" my week, i assume i can basically kiss it goodbye as it will be snatched up quick... and as you are saying it might be difficult to get what I want?

Yes, and no - you don't lose the deposit, you can still use it for another exchange if you don't get the ski week exchange.

With some resorts you can do "request first," [with II] in which case you don't relinquish your week unless you get the exchange you want, but that doesn't help you get the exchange.

I think it's too late to request 2016.

If you own a popular week at a nice resort, you may be able to rent it, and apply the funds to a rental from another owner, and rent exactly what you want.

Last edited:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can't do request first with RCI. You can with Interval International. Not sure about the independents like DAE etc, but I doubt it.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Give a try in the free membership independents, like DAE, RTX, Platinum Interchange and Trading Places. You can put a request in BEFORE depositing, and you can check the sites yourself for availability as much as you like, without depositing your week. Nothing to lose.

geekette

Reaction score
Specifically for DAE, call them, they will tell you the honest likelihood of getting what you want.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont know about Colorado, but here in the East Coast, the two times I've exchanged into a ski resort during MLk and President's day weekend I've put in my OGS at least 18 months in advance. The confirmation has come through about a year before check in. Good luck.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
With DAE you can request first and you can join for free so no obligation to deposit your week with them. As suggested, give them a call.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be more optimistic than some of the other posters. I only know II but within the II program, I would say that getting an exchange into a ski-in/out resort for week 7 is very challenging. But if you are fine with an off-mountain exchange which I assume you would be given your current timeshare, exchanging into a week 7 mountain resort is definitely doable. Its not easy but its not as difficult as the other posters have indicated.