• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summit Watch Refurbished Rooms (Wow)

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
I just checked into Summit Watch last night for Thanksgiving week. I'm staying in a newly refurbished unit that is beautiful! The tub is huge! I can't believe how nice it is. They've changed around furniture and the bedroom and family room area feels even bigger with a nice modern design. Ski resorts opened yesterday!!!

However the Master bedroom bed is like sleeping on the floor. It is crazy. I was up all night due to this new mattress. (I don't think I can even call it a mattress, it is a board). I'm going to have to call the front desk to see if there are any solutions. I typically am just fine with a firmer mattress but I think the pull out sofa couch would be much more comfortable. I really hope these beds do not become a standard for Marriott used everywhere. Anyone else experienced these new beds?

I stayed here in October in a non-refurbished room and that bed was your typical Marriott wonderful mattress and bedding.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just checked into Summit Watch last night for Thanksgiving week. I'm staying in a newly refurbished unit that is beautiful! The tub is huge! I can't believe how nice it is. They've changed around furniture and the bedroom and family room area feels even bigger with a nice modern design. Ski resorts opened yesterday!!!

However the Master bedroom bed is like sleeping on the floor. It is crazy. I was up all night due to this new mattress. (I don't think I can even call it a mattress, it is a board). I'm going to have to call the front desk to see if there are any solutions. I typically am just fine with a firmer mattress but I think the pull out sofa couch would be much more comfortable. I really hope these beds do not become a standard for Marriott used everywhere. Anyone else experienced these new beds?

I stayed here in October in a non-refurbished room and that bed was your typical Marriott wonderful mattress and bedding.

Unfortunately, at least for us, the harder mattresses are becoming more standard. On our last few stays where we have had recently remodeled rooms, the mattresses have all been hard. I am not real pleased with the trend. Of course, it is always hard to please everyone when it comes to a mattress, though we liked whatever ones they were using previously.

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
It seems I remember somewhere that we have to have a different account to upload pictures.
Can I just post pics here? Using the tools on the discussion board?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems I remember somewhere that we have to have a different account to upload pictures.

Better to use a service like Flickr or Smugmug. You can add attachments to a post, but I think the size is pretty limited.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Post a youtube video and post a link

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Where are the photos?

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
You guys are so fast. I'm going to have to learn some new tech skills to keep up with ya. I'm still in my 30's but have never posted a youtube video and no account with flicker or whatever. I do however know how to use Facebook :) My teenagers keep telling me that using Facebook shows my age & I'm definitely not cool. Instagram or Twitter is where it's at.

I hope to try this out later this week when I have a bit more time.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
thanks for the awesome pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
That's a beautiful refurbishment at Summit Watch.

From the photos, it appears the only thing left untouched are the original cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms.

During the Mountainside refurbishment, those dated oak cabinets were upgraded (along with almost everything else you can think of) and the effect was quite dramatic.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. It really is a big improvement for Summit Watch. I'm happy to see a Marriott renovation that I like. (I haven't been too wild about the results at some of the other resorts.) Marriott did a great job on this one.

Steve

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing I was told as part of the refurbishment they were going to replace the jetted tubs with regular tubs and from the picture it looks like it is still a jetted tub.

Kokolea

Reaction score

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
I stayed in Marriott's Summit Watch for the first time in June of this year.
Room is 2BR (#5303&5304) in Alpine Building.
I have photos.
Is this New room?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/131932250@N08/495haF

Yes that is it. Thanks!! I stayed in the Marriott in Branson earlier this year in a refurbished room. Our view overlooking the pool and the beautiful feel of the resort was nice. We loved it there.

I would say the room overall was nicer in Branson except for the Master bedroom. I really like the Master bathroom/bedroom at Summit Watch. I love big tubs. I also love that my 3 kids can easily fit in the 1 bedroom, my ten year old sleeps on the bench next to the fireplace.

The mattress is still firm but an egg crate mattress from the front desk has made it much better.

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
One thing I was told as part of the refurbishment they were going to replace the jetted tubs with regular tubs and from the picture it looks like it is still a jetted tub.

Yes they are still jetted. We were the first to stay in this new room so I don't mind that. We are in Ontario building. I stayed in the Ontario building 1 month ago (October 10-17th) and that room was old. Very quick turnaround.

Last edited:

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
That's a beautiful refurbishment at Summit Watch.

From the photos, it appears the only thing left untouched are the original cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms.

During the Mountainside refurbishment, those dated oak cabinets were upgraded (along with almost everything else you can think of) and the effect was quite dramatic.

All cabinets are new, granite countertops throughout.

Those pictures don't really show the color of the new cabinets well. I think those cabinets are the old ones but this room has new ones (definitely not oak) It is kind of a retro modern feel to the room. Also we have a sliding door that provides privacy for those in the tub. I'll have to see if I can figure out the flickr account

I own at Mountainside and I'd say the furnishings, counters, cabinets in room are on par with that resort. (however the couches and mattress are not comfortable) We are not enjoying being the ones to break them in.

Last edited:

mash84121

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point, WorldMark
Were there any updates to the pool? I heard they were making some changes.

alchook

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that both Summit Watch and Mountainside chose to forgo the rustic mountain decor typically found in ski resort lodging and adopt a more contemporary look instead.

Powderday

Reaction score
Kinda liked the old Summit Watch decor, be there soon to get a first hand look. Maybe, better in person. TV placement on the fire place seems odd, took over my gloves, helmet and balaclava drying spot. Looks like they saved a few dollars by not replacing the TV stands. At least they're keeping the place up. Think Snow!

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
TV is on the wall not over the fireplace. Fake fire in there now. I'd rather have the gas fire but it still puts out lots of heat.

DVD player for TV moved in to a little desk area with chair near TV with lamp and outlet to charge electronics.

Swimming pools and hot tubs don't seem different. The basketball court and fire pit areas were redone. I noticed no grill by the Bball court anymore but fun grill and picnic area out in the creek/trees. That grill area probably won't be usable throughout the winter. It's a winter wonderland here today :)

Actually I prefer a mountain rustic feel to a place in Park City; however, I love the way they arranged things to make the room feel bigger and the master bedroom and bathroom area feel very nice. Still a great bench for gear in entry.

Last edited:

Powderday

Reaction score
TV is on the wall not over the fireplace. Fake fire in there now. I'd rather have the gas fire but it still puts out lots of heat.

DVD player for TV moved in to a little desk area with chair near TV with lamp and outlet to charge electronics.

Swimming pools and hot tubs don't seem different. The basketball court and fire pit areas were redone. I noticed no grill by the Bball court anymore but fun grill and picnic area out in the creek/trees. That grill area probably won't be usable throughout the winter. It's a winter wonderland here today :)

Actually I prefer a mountain rustic feel to a place in Park City; however, I love the way they arranged things to make the room feel bigger and the master bedroom and bathroom area feel very nice. Still a great bench for gear in entry.

Cool, thanks for clarifying on the TV placement, my gear won't have to worry about finding a new drying spot. Seemed I saw the TV on the fireplace in one of the photo files attached to this thread. Photos must have been taken before the TV's were mounted on the wall. New is good, if you like to play in the snow and hang in a mountain town it's hard to beat Summit Watch. Think snow!

Kokolea

Reaction score
I think in the room of the different design by each building if I imagine it from the photo of the kitchen placed in TripAdvisor.
I want to see the photos of the room of other buildings.