• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Information on Vacation Villages at Parkway

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need information on Vacation Village at Parkway, fl. A resort map would be great!!. Looking into a 2bedroom lock off. Are there any assessments going on at this Resort???. Is week 41 good??.

maggiesmom

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't forget to check the TUG reviews, sometimes there is a map under the pictures tab, as well. :hi:

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that in overbuilt Orlando week 41, an early to mid October week, is in low demand season. Unless you have good reasons to focus on week 41, its trading power will be poor.

K.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why own- its a very easy trade or bonus time pick up for less

Keep in mind that in overbuilt Orlando week 41, an early to mid October week, is in low demand season. Unless you have good reasons to focus on week 41, its trading power will be poor.

K.

As another post mentions I have NEVER seen a use period that VV at Parkway WASN'T available on a get away / bonus or points based exchange - similar to Weston in South Fl. There is no reason to own there (although it is a pleasant enough place but not much of a resort feel as it is SO spread out over a winding property). Too many units to be valuable (especially in a low demand time like week 41) as a trader.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Vacation Village At Parkway Is In R. C. I. Points.

Need information on Vacation Village at Parkway, fl. A resort map would be great!!. Looking into a 2bedroom lock off. Are there any assessments going on at this Resort???. Is week 41 good?
Week 41 is mox nix if you're thinking of buying a Vacation Village At Parkway week that's been converted to points (assuming it stays converted when ownership transfers to a new owner).

If it's an unconverted week, then it works the same as a fixed timeshare week even though Vacation Village At Parkway is an RCI Points timeshare.

Vacation Village At Parkway is in a convenient location, right by the intersection of I-4 & U.S. Route 192 -- close to Arabian Nights & not far from Gaylord Palms. The resort is short on fancypants amenities that raise owners' costs, but long on features & space. By Orlando standards the maintenance fees aren't out of sight & Vacation Village At Parkway delivers a decent points-value for the dollar.

We've stayed there twice -- last month & January 2007, Last Call both times (exchange fee + zero points). We had a nice time. Details are in the TUG Resort Reviews Section.

Vacation Village At Parkway is the 1st timeshare we toured in the modern era (i.e., after 1970). It made a favorable impression on us when we toured in 2001 or 2002, so much so that the experience led us to explore timeshare ownership, find out about resales, & discover TUG. The rest is history.

(All the details of that history are on the Internet. Click here for that if you're interested.)

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Village at Parkway

I just got off the phone with the guy that is selling the unit. I asked if it was in "points", he stated no, and he would have to list it as points if it was.
I made a offer, but He said he would have to think it over and call me tomorrow morning.
I would more than likely just go there and not use it for exchange.
ON the RCI web site is states that Jan 01, 2009 Dec 31, 2009 is RED.
And the points chart :
Vacation Village at Parkway - #4940
Week 34-472/2/8 74,000pts (wouldn't low be 25,000 to 55,500??)

Let me now if this is still a good deal

maggiesmom

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope your offer was very low, like around the $1 range. That is the amount a week 18 recently sold for on EBAY.An EOY week 14 went for $139 and that one included no closing costs.

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort will charge you at least $3,000 to convert to points if it's not setup that way already. Don't do it. I've been there, toured there, and so on, and you can always find dirt cheap points on eBay for that resort. That's all you want. That week will trade like a dog! It's not worth the MF's unless you get points.. then it's a decent point resort.

The new units on the other hand are a little nicer, so I find it nicer to stay there.. but would be curious to see what happens with MF's in the next year or two based on their improvements.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed there

We stayed there in November and really really liked the unit. The lock-out feature suited our family well, but might not be so great with young children (distance between bedrooms). We aren't much into resorts amenities, so that didn't concern us, but liked the units. We were in one of the newest buildings.

Nancy

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a offer, but He said he would have to think it over and call me tomorrow morning.
I would more than likely just go there and not use it for exchange.
ON the RCI web site is states that Jan 01, 2009 Dec 31, 2009 is RED.
And the points chart :
Vacation Village at Parkway - #4940
Week 34-472/2/8 74,000pts (wouldn't low be 25,000 to 55,500??)

Let me now if this is still a good deal

maggiesmom

Others may wish to comment about points but I would like to make sure you are not being misled by the RCI RED rating. This simply is not the case despite all efforts by resort developers and T/S marketers to make people believe that every Orlando week is of equal value. October is a low demand season anywhere in Florida and week 41 in Orlando does not come even close to matching a demand level for July weeks (weeks 26 to 29) or December weeks 51-52. Even if you want to use it initially yourself the first time you decide to exchange it you will be disappointed. Think it over, there are thousands of other options on the market.

K.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Alternative Orlando Timeshare To Consider (Just For Comparison).

Click here to view an outstanding & attractively priced eBay Orlando timeshare I'm watching that I need like a fish needs a bicycle.

It's a Diamond Season floating week, so the owner can reserve any week of the year, 1st come 1st served.

Click here for an explanation of what makes the price attractive.

We like that timeshare so well that we already own there -- EEY.

However that may be, The Devil is making me watch that 1 on eBay anyway.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious what you offered. Are you dealing with the seller directly, or a broker, or what? These days anyone is a fool to turn down any offer, unless he had to check with the client, who may be delusional thinking what the week is worth.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
My offer was for total $253.99 (442.01 less than what the taxes would have cost me for 2009 which the seller did paid for).

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
waiting for my questions to be answered before I send them anything and yes I dealing with Sellingtimeguys.com
Here are some questions I have, let me know if I forgot something. Thanks

QUESTIONS:

ATT: Ms. \\\\ \\\\\\\
replying to email sent from \\\\\, see below. Before I sent you the Check, I will need more information on this item.

Is This in RCI Points or RCI Weeks?.

Is the enrollment free for the RCI?.

Is the deed free and clear?.

Are there any pass due fees?.

Any Assessments due?.

Any liens on this property?.

Location on unit(old/new) please include secretion location and map of resort.

As I told \\\\ I will not pay for the 2009 taxes and Maint fees for this item . This was agreed upon with \\\\\and that I would pay $249.00 + $4.99 = $253.99 total.

Dear tuggers ,Let me know if I did OK..
maggiesmom

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Vacation Village at Parkway Points.
It is a reasonable points value (74,000)
But I WOULD NOT own it if it were weeks.

Yes you can get in there almost anytime. I've actually traded in on a bonus week cert. ($168.00) (actually twice)

Never stayed there as Home Resort - not worth giving up the points.

My suggestion - if you like it and want to stay there hold out for a deal on one in points.

PS - I'll check with my wife to see if we have a map around - If so I'll link it up. It does show up nicely on Google Earth

Everyone thinks they love something enough that they would want to go there every year - seldom is reality.

Last edited:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to former Tugger Bootleg, who is an RCI employee, VV at Parkway is the resort of which RCI consistently has the biggest oversupply in the entire system. The 74K points it receives is a poster child for the corruption of RCI Points values as developers politick their point values from RCI. And it is a warning of what is coming to RCI Weeks when ''Points Lite'' strikes.

I own Vacation Village at Parkway Points.
It is a reasonable points value (74,000)
But I WOULD NOT own it if it were weeks.

Yes you can get in there almost anytime. I've actually traded in on a bonus week cert. ($168.00) (actually twice)

Never stayed there as Home Resort - not worth giving up the points.

My suggestion - if you like it and want to stay there hold out for a deal on one in points.

PS - I'll check with my wife to see if we have a map around - If so I'll link it up. It does show up nicely on Google Earth

Everyone thinks they love something enough that they would want to go there every year - seldom is reality.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
You Typed A Mouthful.

VV at Parkway is the resort of which RCI consistently has the biggest oversupply in the entire system.
You are correct, sir.

Every time we've stayed there (i.e., both times), it was via RCI Last Call -- Zero points + cash. (Can't stay there on RCI Instant Exchange -- 7,500 points + exchange fee -- because Instant Exchange is only for points reservations at weeks timeshares, & Vacation Village At Parkway has gone points.)

I'm expecting that Vacation Village At Parkway will remain in oversupply for some time to come, meaning plenty more Last Call opportunities.

Meanwhile, we recently sprang ($162 + $100 RCI Points transfer fee) for a dinky eBay Vacation Village At Parkway off-season triennial points unit as a replacement for our dinky Arkansas points timeshare that we deeded back to the resort because of escalating maintenance fees.

Because of all the current & planned construction of more & more buildings full of lots more units at Vacation Village At Parkway, I'm guessing that the resort will remain under timeshare company management & control for several more years, which will exert downward pressure on maintenance fees so that the timeshare sellers can points to the attractive feature of "low, low maintenance fees" as 1 more inducement to get customers to pay full freight. (Getting people to shell out big bux for timeshare deeds that are worth $100-$200 at most -- I don't know how the full-freight timeshare sellers live with themselves. They park their consciences at the door, I suppose.)

While waiting for top-to-bottom reform of the timeshare biz in general & RCI in particular, I've decided to try to work the system as it is rather than bemoan its flaws that fall so short of the Good Old Days golden age, which in any case was already over before we ever took the timeshare plunge in 2002. Plus, I'm not holding my breath while waiting for reform.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Like A Fish Needs A Bicycle.

Like a Moose needs a Hat Rack.

Like a Rooster needs Knee Sox.

Like a Frog needs a Hair Net.

peltzjay

TUG Member
Reaction score
i own week 43 and feel its the best time of year. the weather is cooler and the lines are shorter
Need information on Vacation Village at Parkway, fl. A resort map would be great!!. Looking into a 2bedroom lock off. Are there any assessments going on at this Resort???. Is week 41 good??.

maggiesmom

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Snagged Vacation Village At Parkway 2BR Unit For $199 + Tax.

I'm expecting that Vacation Village At Parkway will remain in oversupply for some time to come, meaning plenty more Last Call opportunities.
As expected, Vacation Village At Parkway still comes up on the Last Call list practically every time.

Plus, lots of Vacation Village At Parkway units -- "A" units & "B" units & 2BR combined "A" + "B" units -- were offered at $199 per week on RCI's recent 3-day sale that later got extended 1 more day & after that was brought back for 2 more days.

We booked a $199 2BR unit for January 7-14, 2012 -- only because the cost was the same as for a 1BR unit, not because we need 2 adjoining stand-alone 1BR unit.

With an extra unit available for 7 days & 7 nights, the idea now is that we'll invite friends from the Virginia countryside to be our guests in Kissimmee FL that week. Should be fun.

NewbeeGil

Reaction score
Week 26 on VV @parkway

Im new to timesharing.
I just bought a week 26 at vacation village @ parkway from an individual. It's an odd year ( that way I won't have to go every yr. or pay MF every yr. ) the paperworks are still in process (legaltimesharetranfer) thanks to Tugbbs!
Can someone tell me if this is a good week in terms of trading powers / using it?
What are the disadvantage or advantages of this (resort or my week)
The seller has deposited the 2011 thru RCI and can be used till 4/2013.
How can I get the most out of this TS? We intend to visit it next year!
Thank you!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im new to timesharing.
I just bought a week 26 at vacation village @ parkway from an individual. It's an odd year ( that way I won't have to go every yr. or pay MF every yr. ) the paperworks are still in process (legaltimesharetranfer) thanks to Tugbbs!
Can someone tell me if this is a good week in terms of trading powers / using it?
What are the disadvantage or advantages of this (resort or my week)
The seller has deposited the 2011 thru RCI and can be used till 4/2013.
How can I get the most out of this TS? We intend to visit it next year!
Thank you!

These are for the most part questions I would recommend asking before purchase.

You have lucked out apparently week 26 is pretty good, it gets 31 TPU for the 2 bedroom

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
even better if you split and deposit each side of Lock-off to RCI

Looking at next year (2013) in RCI: If you split the lock-off, you'll get 27 TPUs for the "A" side and 26 for the "B" side.....
for a total of 53.......a lot of TPUs

This is good, if you want to use this for RCI trades