• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HCNY -- first trip as owners!

Hiram

Reaction score
My family is taking our first trip to Hilton Club as owners. We stayed previously in the regular part of the hotel.

I would love any insider tips to staying...great cheap suggestions, as we are 3 adults, and 4 hungry teenagers...

Please share your wealth of knowledge.

amisco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase

I know that you will enjoy your membership. You should make sure that you take advantage of the morning breakfast and evening reception...if you are going out for dinner you can save by having your wine and a small bite before you go out. Wine at a NY restaurant can run you quite a bit. You should check out the Stardust Diner on Broadway...reasonable prices but the BIG draw is that the show which comes from the staff...many of whom are actors and singers who work here while they audition for Broadway shows. There is a Halal cart just across the street on the south side of the hotel...for about $6 you can get a nice bite...(this cart has received quite a bit of notice...you can tell by the lines even at 10 p.m.).... Finally try Resturants,com website... some good discounts... For shows... try Theatermainia.com, Playbill,coim and broadwaybox.com... good discounts there.

Have a great time

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a food cart across the street that is real famous in ny, you will see people lined down the street come midnight. I think they are called " the halal guys", its cheap and delicious!! Beware, the red sauce is the hottest ive ever had, and im a champ when it cmes to spicy.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
+1 the Halal cart. I've stood in that line on every trip to NY. Well worth the wait.

I'm a huge pizza fan too so I stop by all of the Ray's iterations. The best one in my opinion is at 27th and Prince. For shows you can also try the tkts booths where they have 40 and 50% off deals on many popular shows. Always ask to see where you're sitting before you buy.

http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56

That's pretty much all I do in NY, so my advice ends here.

Seph

Reaction score
I will ditto Remy's advice almost to the letter. Don't buy tickets online or through any other outlet. The TKTS booth at 1501 Broadway has so many shows at steep discounts that you'll always find something awesome. I was at the Hilton Times square in July and we went to three plays. All of them were incredible. I will note that I went to the Rays pizza at 736 7th Avenue every time because it was just one block north of the TKTS booth.

Of course, you can't go far without running into a Rays pizza. I hear there's one near first and first.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy!

We love great eating but aren't into fine dining.

B Bar and Grill (4th at Bowery) especially for brunch. Wait staff at sunday brunch is the most beautiful bunch of people I've ever seen in my life.

We also always enjoy the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. (also now in Battery Park, I believe).

Cafe Orlin 41 St. Mark's place is great. Esp cheese omelet with spinach and tomato.

If your teens are girls, you might enjoy the Alice's Tea Cup restaurants. We've only been to the one on the Upper East Side but I think there are others. Charming but girly. (my 12 year old boy was in agony the entire time we were there.)

Enjoy! Can't wait for our next NYC trip next month. Love that city - trite but true!

Anita

PS - for quick decent and cheap meals, check out Cosi. Chain food but good!

Last edited:

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
Lucky you!

I stayed at the Hilton Club in July & loved it. I didn't try the Halal cart but I was amazed at the lines late into the night. We had an early flight & there was still a long line @ 4:00am, so it must be good.

We ate breakfast every morning @ the concierge room for the timeshare & found it was sufficient. No hot items but bagels, muffins, fruit, coffee etc... In the evening they had drinks and very limited food.

I use broadwaybox.com for my tickets. I usually get 50% off through here & like that I can chose my seats & plan ahead & already have my tickets. On this trip, I saw Catch Me if You Can (which I highly recommend) & Baby Its You (poor story but good music) & paid around 90 for each for front row mezzanine seats. Also, paid this for Sister Act earlier in the year. I checked at TKTS booth for the Adams Family & their price was the same I could get on Broadway box but not as good of seats.

For food, one of my favorite spots in Trattoria Trecolori. It is near Times Square down one of the little side streets & is great Italian at a reasonable price. I think normal entrees (lasagna, chicken parm) are $16.00. They have a website you can check out, and you definitely need to make reservations as they are small & always booked. I like to go here before a show as it is only a short walk from most theaters.

jsb15

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always go to the Carnegie Deli on 7th Ave between 55th and 56th. The corned beef sandwhiches are amazing and big enough to share (although they hit you with a $3 sharing charge). I went back a couple of days later and had the best cheese blintzes ever!. They are known for their cheesecake but I am usually too full to eat it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have stayed here before but for the life of me I can't remember how the bathroom is configured.

Are the glass walls around the bathroom smoked or clear.

My niece was thinking of joining me in May 2012 and I just want to make sure we have a little privacy using the bathroom.