• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to cancel exchange within 60 days of travel

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I need to cancel a Marriott to Marriott exchange I made through II and it is less than 60 days before my check in date. I do not have insurance and I am not a DC member.

1) Does it matter when I cancel as long as it is before 14 days before travel?
2) I understand I will get some sort of replacement week that is only good in flexchange. Will this week have any Marriott priority?

Thanks, Ray

mkahanek

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to cancel a Marriott to Marriott exchange I made through II and it is less than 60 days before my check in date. I do not have insurance and I am not a DC member.

1) Does it matter when I cancel as long as it is before 14 days before travel?
2) I understand I will get some sort of replacement week that is only good in flexchange. Will this week have any Marriott priority?

Thanks, Ray

It should have the Marriott priority. You can cancel between 14-60 days. You will get a cancellation replacement week that can only be used during flexchange. The replacement week is valid for one year. Once you book a cancellation week that booking is final (can not be cancelled at any point).

Mark

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Thanks for the response.

Ray

OldPantry

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should have the Marriott priority. You can cancel between 14-60 days. You will get a cancellation replacement week that can only be used during flexchange. The replacement week is valid for one year. Once you book a cancellation week that booking is final (can not be cancelled at any point).

Mark
Since you seem up on the ins and out of II, what are the possibilities for changing a reserved week (internal exchange to Timber Lodge) for another choice at another time? My reservation is way out (next December), but there might be a conflict which would make it hard to use.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Since you seem up on the ins and out of II, what are the possibilities for changing a reserved week (internal exchange to Timber Lodge) for another choice at another time? My reservation is way out (next December), but there might be a conflict which would make it hard to use.

If the reserved week wasn't a re-exchange, you can cancel/rebook. You would be better off searching yourself (if you have another deposit or a non-deposited week you can search with a made up reservation number) or by calling II frequently; also helps to look at the sightings board here. When you see what you want call II for a re-exchange. You will have to pay another exchange fee. If you don't see what you want closer in you can cancel the exchange and get a replacement week, but since those replacement weeks are only good during flexchange and since they are only good for one year from the date you cancel I would wait till the Fall to do that.

I think if you are simply changing a reservation they will let you do it outside of Flexchange as opposed to the replacement week only being good for flexchange exchanges. I am not sure of though- maybe someone else can chime in there?

OldPantry

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the reserved week wasn't a re-exchange, you can cancel/rebook. You would be better off searching yourself (if you have another deposit or a non-deposited week you can search with a made up reservation number) or by calling II frequently; also helps to look at the sightings board here. When you see what you want call II for a re-exchange. You will have to pay another exchange fee. If you don't see what you want closer in you can cancel the exchange and get a replacement week, but since those replacement weeks are only good during flexchange and since they are only good for one year from the date you cancel I would wait till the Fall to do that.

I think if you are simply changing a reservation they will let you do it outside of Flexchange as opposed to the replacement week only being good for flexchange exchanges. I am not sure of though- maybe someone else can chime in there?
The first part of the answer is a relief. Another fee is a non-issue compared to being unable to use a prime week entirely. As to the second part, would "changing the reservation" be different? That is, would I have the same reservation #, simply applied to a different location/time? Would the fees be the same?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The first part of the answer is a relief. Another fee is a non-issue compared to being unable to use a prime week entirely. As to the second part, would "changing the reservation" be different? That is, would I have the same reservation #, simply applied to a different location/time? Would the fees be the same?

It would be a different reservation number. The fee would be the normal exchange fee, nothing additional.

mkahanek

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be a different reservation number. The fee would be the normal exchange fee, nothing additional.

Also the fee is the non marriott fee. Like 159 or something like that when you cancel/rebook.

I think the only time you can "change" your reservation is changing the check in day of a reserved week. For instance if your check in day is Friday. Changing to Saturday. Also I think you can only do this with your original reservation. You can not do this with your cancellation replacement. (although I did beg and get an exception one time).

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also the fee is the non marriott fee. Like 159 or something like that when you cancel/rebook.

I think the only time you can "change" your reservation is changing the check in day of a reserved week. For instance if your check in day is Friday. Changing to Saturday. Also I think you can only do this with your original reservation. You can not do this with your cancellation replacement. (although I did beg and get an exception one time).

oops- sorry- I forgot that the fee was the non-Marriott fee regardless of whether you were changing your reservation to another Marriott or not.