• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

To all you Cirque du Soleil fans

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a trip to Las Vegas this August (yeah, I know it will be HOT). We'd like to see one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. I was originally thinking about the Beatles Love, but some reviews say the show is more about the music and artistry, than acrobatics, etc.

Which ones are your favorites and why?

Thanks

Mike

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My favorite is Le Reve, though it's not technically a Cirque show. The only other Cirque show I've seen in Las Vegas is Mystere. It was good & I enjoyed it, but I loved Le Reve. It has lots of incredible acrobatics, dance, water, & wonderful music.

The LeReve theater is "in the round" so every seat is good and it's smaller than the Mystere theater.

I'm going to move this thread to the Western forum because I think you'll get more responses there.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
In Vegas we've only seen Mystere and O. While O is incredible I think of the two Mystere is my favorite. Love would be my choice to see the next time we go.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
To date we have seen Ka, "O", Mystere and Love. Both myself and my wife have differing opinions on which is the best but we both pretty much agree that Love is in the number 2 spot.

"O" was very ineresting from a staging perspective with water often being the stage. This was my favorite show but my wife has it down at either 3 or 4.

Ka was more about acrobatics IMHO. The theater was great and the floating stage was very interesting. I just didn't care for the degree of floor style acrobatics involved. It's my wife's #1 pick and I have it at #3.

Mystere was the first Cirque show we attended and both had a great time. Very nice varity of acts from start to finish with some interesting music. I felt at the time it was more of a really fancy circus than anything else. Both of us have it down at #3 or #4 of the shows we've seen but still a show we wouldn't hesitate to attend again.

I'm NOT a Beatle's music fan but I really enjoyed Love and would love to see it again (OK, bad pun. Sorry). I really didn't feel the show was about the music so much as they used the music to help set the stage for the routines. A good mix of both ground and arial acts and a wonderful theater to see it in. Both of us would definately go back to see this show.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
O or KA would get my votes. I have also seen Love and Mystere, as well as many of the traveling shows.

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
I have been to both Love and Ka, both awesome. I am a Beatles fan and was much more into that, but you cannot lose with either.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Love will mean more if you're into Beatles music, since they use the music to tell the story. It's fun to watch, and well worth it, but would be better if you appreciated the music that plays LOUDLY throughout. As Cirque shows go, Love is less typical than the others, but I found it to be very good. I especially liked how they rearranged the music to mix it up a bit - you start hearing the beginning chords of a familiar tune, and your brain starts to anticipate the melody you'll hear, but suddenly the music playing is another song entirely. It really gave me a new-found apreciation for the Beatles songs I grew up with - enough that I bought the Love soundtrack album, even though I already owned every Beatles album ever released. Love made it all new for me, and I enjoyed that a lot.

Of the more traditonal Cirque shows in Las Vegas, I've heard Ka and Mystere are very good. Those are probably your best options if you want a classic Cirque-type show. I've not seen La Reve, but have heard it's very Cirque-like.

I found "O" to be disappointing, since it's all about being in or over water, and that requires the audience to be set back a fair distance from the stage. Other Cirque shows I've been to put you up close to the action - with "O" I felt I was too much of a spectator - I may as well have been watching it on TV. It was enjoyable, but it didn't leave me as intrigued as other Cirque shows have.

And then there's Zumanity. I'm told it's a pretty wild and sexually provocative show, definitely for adults only. Those I've spoken with who have seen it really liked it - for what it was and wasn't. :shrug:

Hope this helps,
Dave

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
see how different strokes for different folks go . we have seen O , mystere and ka and would rate them in that order . we thought the acrobatics in and around the water were great. mystere was our first cirque show back in 94 and still holds a place in our hearts . :) hoping to see love this sept. as it was dark last april when we went . :D

TS Neophyte

Reaction score
I would put my vote in for O as well, because there is ample acrobatics, but the whole water effect is incredible...

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really enjoyed Ka. Got tickets at half-price through Travelzoo last April. :)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen O, Ka, Mystere and Zumanity. They were all very good, however both my wife and I agree our favorite is Zumanity. It is adult themed and has some nudity but along with the acrobatics and artistry it has some very funny parts that really make for a really fun show.

Reaction score
Seen them all (Mystere, O, and Zumanity twice). Mystere is the cheapest with the most acrobatic. I think it's the best show and a great intro to what Cirque is about. O is about staging in water. Ka has a rotating stage. Zumanity is adult oriented but a ton of fun. Love - mostly music. Le Reve - another watery stage. As if you can't guess, my top three are Mystere, Zumanity and O.

Elsie Mae

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen Mystere, O, Love, LaReve, KA.

I would recommend LaReve - because it is a fabulous show as well as the theatre is smaller so everyone has a good seat.

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seen Mystere (3), O (twice), Ka and Love. (I also know cast members in two of them). In reading the comments one can draw the conclusion you can't go wrong. There is no bad show IMHO but the ranking is debatable and highly personal. My comments:

Mystere: The original (excluding the Mirage tent) and thus the one I have seen the most. Had to take my new wife so she could experience it too. Probably my favorite because of the focus on the human performers, and less staging (very relative statement). As someone heavily involved in sports medicine the raw display of athleticism is phenomenal. If money counts, Mystere is still the cheapest.

O: My wifes favorite. Less land based acrobatics, subsituted with lots of water. Staging spectacular.

Ka: Awesome acrobatics etc.. Plus phenomenal staging. Sometimes think I preferred this over Mystere.

Love: Very different than the other 3. This is primarily a dance show, with some gymnastics/acrobatics. However, it is a dance show like no other. I am not a Beatles fan, though the music is great and used very effectively. IMHO you do not have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy it. My wife loved it and she hardly knows the Beatles music (I guess she does now).

Aside from dancers vs. gymnasts Love stands in contrast to the other 3 shows in that Cirque shows usually have their own "operatic" music scored specifically for them. Very well done, but and obvious contrast to the Beatles music.

Another point, Cirque appeals to all ages, I saw Mystere a 2nd time when I was a single father with 11 & 14 year old teens, they loved it. Saw "O" with them 2 years later, along with their grandparents. Everyone loved it. Saw Love with 14 to 75 year olds in family last year, all enjoyed the show, even though I was the only Beatles generation member.

You can't go wrong no matter which one you pick. Have not seen La Reve .. thats for my next visit.

Randy

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
I've seen both Love and Mystere (in that order). Loved both, but they are very different. Love was more of a "production" and more dancing. Mystere was a more "mouth hanginig open because how is that humanly possible" type performance. I think I would start with Mystere to get a basic understanding of Cirque (plus it's about 1/2 the price), and then branch out from there.

colamedia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only O and Zummanity of the Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil shows, but I've seen a lot of the travelling shows. What I love about the Cirque shows is the dreamlike aspect, you are transported to some other reality, and that's done by the costuming and the staging. Zummanity is great, but they speak English, so less other worldly, and they are scantily clad humans, they look like humans, the other shows are more other world constumes, not every day reality. (I did see a fairly earlier version of Zummanity, it's been adjusted quite a bit since them) I think that's where preferences come into it, you want almost surreal or more real life theatre type experience? I think Love and Zummanity are more theatre type shows, and O and Mystere are more dreamlike experiences. Ka I think is in the middle.

Don't forget Criss Angel Believe at the Luxor is a Cirque production too.

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
mystere!

Of the Vegas shows, I have seen O, Mystere, Ka, and Love. I haven't seen Zumanity, Believe, or Le Reve yet. I still prefer Mystere since it's about acrobatics in that show. As others have said, O is about the staging of the water. You almost feel like you are watching a show from Pirates of the Caribbean (the Disneyland ride), except bigger and better. Ka is focused on the staging of the performers against the big projection screen and the stage with sand. Love is about dancing to Beatles music. They are all good in their own way, but I like acrobatics, so I recommend Mystere. La Nouba in Orlando, FL is also great, very acrobatic.