• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scam victims of MPM or Global Premium Advantage

leberhart1

Reaction score
Hello - we were victims of MPM - a liquidation contract to purchase our time shares - we paid the broker fees - and told to wait 300 days to close...we believe that our personal information was also given out by MPM or by Global Premium Advantage where we had to buy a member ship in order to get the contract to sell...we were contacted by a big scam Mexico govt operation who stated that we were a part of a law suit against the Developer where we went to the Global presentation - we wired $28K & found all was bogus after supposedly we'd paid the Marginal Bank deposit, Duties, Wire fees, Insurance. We have just obtained a court order through the Mexican Judicial system to have the Bank of Mexico release the information on the Corp & owners where the money was wired into - we are looking for others who were scammed by Global - MPM to join with us in a Class Action Suit to go after MPM and Global to seek restitution - there will be an arrest order once the names of the scammers are know - please reply back with any information or interest in joining us.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello - we were victims of MPM - a liquidation contract to purchase our time shares - we paid the broker fees - and told to wait 300 days to close...we believe that our personal information was also given out by MPM or by Global Premium Advantage where we had to buy a member ship in order to get the contract to sell...we were contacted by a big scam Mexico govt operation who stated that we were a part of a law suit against the Developer where we went to the Global presentation - we wired $28K & found all was bogus after supposedly we'd paid the Marginal Bank deposit, Duties, Wire fees, Insurance. We have just obtained a court order through the Mexican Judicial system to have the Bank of Mexico release the information on the Corp & owners where the money was wired into - we are looking for others who were scammed by Global - MPM to join with us in a Class Action Suit to go after MPM and Global to seek restitution - there will be an arrest order once the names of the scammers are know - please reply back with any information or interest in joining us.

Wow, if I read this right, you lost at least $28k for the last (bogus) lawsuit and now you are soliciting interest in a class action suit? I'm really sorry all this has happened to you, but even 'legitimate' class action lawsuits do one thing really well: They line the pockets of lawyers, leaving the injured with pennies, if even that.

Have you tried contacting Profeco yet?

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
My research (by contacting PROFECO) indicated there are no class action status lawsuits in Mexico. Cases are litigated until someone gives up, the judge is bribed or there is a settlement after many years. Don't get suckered again, contact PROFECO at 52 55 5211 1723 and ask for one of their English speaking attorneys (it's a free consultation)

dssamp

Reaction score
Possible scam - random call from individual claiming to be a Mex Fed Official

I was recently contacted from Mexico by an individual claiming to be an assistant district attorney from the office of Subprocuradura de Servicios de Verficacion de Direccion General de Verficacion y Vigilancia in Mexico City. He claimed there is a federal investigation into fraud perpetrated by Villa Del Palmar with regards to selling information to fraudulent timeshare resale companies like you describe. He asked me to provide him my contract information and proof of transactions to use as evidence that I am a customer of Villa Del Palmar and that he could use to present as evidence to a judge for his case. He even emailed me official looking documents that he wanted me to sign to make my claim for refund of my membership costs when they concluded the case. He acted like he needed this right away to take before a judge and wanted me to give him an exact time that I would provide him the information. I said I would have to look for the documents and that I would get back to him the next day. After hanging up and thinking about it I was skeptical about all this and I started thinking this may be a fishing scam to get personal information or money in the future. So after receiving the email I tried calling the number in Mexico provided for this agency which wouldn't go thru. I decided to play it safe and not send the information without validating who this individual actually is by getting a legitimate phone number from the man if he called back to ask why I hadn't replied with the information. Sure enough, he called back asking why I hadn't responded. I told him I needed to validate who he was and that he actually worked for the federal organization he claimed he was with by providing me with a contact number that I could independently verify. He himmed and hawed about and countered to have a co-worker call me. I said no, I need a number that I can call directly to verify with another official independently as to who you are and what this case is about. 2 hours later, I get a call from another guy trying to pretend to work with the first guy to supposedly corroborate the story. Again I said you need to provide a number for your organization that I can independently call to validate who you are and if this is real. He also tried to give me the runaround so I said do not call me back unless you provide me the information that I need. Upon that, there was no more communication. So I believe this was at a minimum a fishing scam to lure unsuspecting TS owners into giving out personal information. So beware whenever you get a call from Mexico about your timeshare unless it is from the resort itself and even then be very cautious as to what you say to them.

leberhart1

Reaction score
Wow, if I read this right, you lost at least $28k for the last (bogus) lawsuit and now you are soliciting interest in a class action suit? I'm really sorry all this has happened to you, but even 'legitimate' class action lawsuits do one thing really well: They line the pockets of lawyers, leaving the injured with pennies, if even that.

Have you tried contacting Profeco yet?
No - what is perfecto? The ILC Attorney Firm in Mexcio City, is basically taking our case on contingency...we just got the judgement ordering the Bank of Mexico to give the names & addresses of the Corporation and Owners of the bank account where the money was wired. The Class action suit is against Global Premium Advantage and Mercury Property Management to gain restitution of the fees paid to them.

leberhart1

Reaction score
My research (by contacting PROFECO) indicated there are no class action status lawsuits in Mexico. Cases are litigated until someone gives up, the judge is bribed or there is a settlement after many years. Don't get suckered again, contact PROFECO at 52 55 5211 1723 and ask for one of their English speaking attorneys (it's a free consultation)
Thanks for the information - however, though Class Action Suits didn't used to be legal in Mexico - it was legalized about 2 years ago....the first step we had to take was to get the judgement and court order to pursue the criminals - and that was the first step to move forward with further legal remedies against the known legitimate companies who were complicit in the deal.

I am going to call the number you gave me - what is Perfecto?

leberhart1

Reaction score
More info on Class Action in Mexico:New Class Action Rules in Mexico Create Significant Risks for Companies Doing Business in Mexico
March 2012

Beginning March 1, 2012, companies doing business in Mexico will face the risk of class action lawsuits in Mexican federal courts. Under a series of new laws, private plaintiffs, government entities, and certain nonprofits may bring consumer, financial, antitrust, and environmental claims as class, or "collective," lawsuits. Through these suits, federal courts in Mexico will be authorized to award classwide damages and injunctive relief, including product recalls and orders to remediate environmental damage. The new laws will establish procedural rules that disadvantage defendants in several respects, including by giving defendants only five business days to oppose class treatment and by allowing potential claimants to await the outcome of the action and then opt in to the class after the plaintiffs have won and judgment has been entered.

terminator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scam victims of MPM

I presume you're referring to Mercury Property Management. If so, they were one of the fictitious marketing companies in the Vallarta Gardens stable. Their website (.net) "promotes" several resorts, or at least displays them on the site. One of the "hot deals" (same as when checked a month or two ago) is "Rancho Banderas All Suite" resort, which I can guarantee is not "all suite". Mind you, it depends I suppose how you define "suite". Registration of the domain is private, by proxy; the address given of 211 N. Broadway does not exist. We did not search for a corporate record, but suspect there is none. We also suspect that VG is the registrant of many of these marketing websites, who at last count, appears to have used as many as ten over the past three years more or less. Berkshire Financial Group of Ok City was the latest of their's to bite the dust.