• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Compare Hilton Orlando Resorts

poleary2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Looking at booking a trip to Orlando in January. Our preference is to stay at Disney, but it's a little late for that. I have an ongoing search anyhow.

Most likely, that won't happen so I am looking at the HGVC resorts. Looks like we can get a 3 BR for 5,800 points, which would be ideal so we can bring the mother in law. There are 3 resorts all available: Seaworld, International and Parc Soleil.

We will have a 3 yr old, an infant (hence the MIL coming along) and want to hit some Disney parks, hang out and have dinner at night, etc. Anyone have a recommendation on which to choose?

Another question: Do you need a car when staying at one of the HGVC resorts? Do they run free shuttles to Disney?

Thanks!

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the International 2 years ago. Very nice resort with some fun activities for the kids. No free shuttle to Disney though. I remember that it would have cost more than the parking at Disney so we went that route...but we also had 6 people.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My 2-cents:

1. Why bring MIL and baby? Ask 'em both to stay home... you'll have a much better time. <a personal observation>

B. No shuttles. Rent a car and pay to park (at least for the days at the parks). Why spend a ton on travel+tickets, and then go to extrordinary lengths to avoid minor fees. The parking adds very little to the bottom line and efforts to avoid it detracts from the experience.

3. With respect to the the resorts:
-- Seaworld is great for kids, esp. if going to Seaworld... in spitting distance. Its older; one the original HGVC resorts (along with Flamingo in Vegas), but is nicely maintained.
-- International Drive seems more sophisticated and sylish. Its Tuscany theme is attractive. An outlet mall and grocery store are in walking distance. Its also closest to WDW.
-- Parc Soleil is nearly brand new and upscale. Its part of a developing area that's mid-way btw WDW + Universal, but for now, its close to not much of anything and you'll have to drive to go off-campus.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at the HGVC on international and liked it very much. We had a car as it was cheaper than paying for the shuttle and with small kids it is nice not to rely on shuttles. Have you thought of going to Universal Islands of adventure? They have a great Dr. Suess area in the park.

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
We have stayed at all 3 resorts.
The kids enjoy the Seaworld location best, but they are teenagers.
We have a car while we are there which makes getting around in Orlando very easy.
You really can't go wrong at any of the HGVC properties.

Brkian

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at all 3 as well. I agree that you can't go wrong, but International Drive (tuscany) is my recommendation. (Although, we are taking a 3 day visit this month and opted to stay at Parc Soleil).

- Parc Soleil: Newest resort, has only 2 buildings (of about 8 planned) which are both adjacent to the pool/amenities. Has more of a hotel feel with interior hallways and more floors (something like 12 stories per building). The pool is very nice and is toddler friendly since it has a huge zero entry area (gradual slope). That being said, the back pool at International Drive is quieter and even more kid friendly in my opinion (and has the same type of zero entry). At PS, the outdoor cafe seating is also right at the sloped pool entry, which makes it a little less family-friendly for just relaxing and watching the little kids. The views from the room aren't exactly my cup of tea - either you have a view of the barren property outside the HGVC, or you are stacked and racked above the pool with a rooftop (of the lobby) around the second floor level. Rooms are nice, but no carpet (could be a pro or con depending on your kid(s)). My kids loved the bathtub which filled from a nozzle in the ceiling.

- International Drive: Has the nicest grounds in my opinion. Nothing fancy, but it is a relaxing environment where you can take a nice stroll around the lake in the evening, grill at one of the outdoor gas grills (PS only has charcoal pits, not very convenient in my opinion), or walk to the pool(s) or playground. Rooms are nice. Would request a room with a lake view. Buildings 1 and 2 are very close (on top of, almost) the main pool/lobby. We prefer building 4 (or 3 or 5 for that matter, but we've always gotten 4 when we ask for it) since they are closer to the back pool. Any building isn't far from anywhere, but relatively speaking that's the layout. If you like to use the patio for dinner, avoid a room which faces the back of the property (west) due to sun. (the easiest way is to ask for a room facing the lake or towards Vineland Ave (east). Also, if you really want to get picky, and if it suits your needs, some of the 2BR units have one of the BR's with 2 double beds (as compared to most units which have 2 BR's with 2 Queens). Could be good for the MIL/kids(s).

- Seaworld: Has been 5 years since my only stay there. The pool was very nice. Didn't have zero entry, but it has a shallow kiddie pool which was nice. The room was definitely bigger than comparable rooms at either of the other two, but it was also not quite as nicely appointed. Could just be my memory casting shadows, but I personally rate it behind the other 2.

Location: If you have a car (and you will need a car), then the locations are all roughly equal. They are each less than 5 minutes away from each other and all have easy/quick access to main attractions and roads. For Disney, Seaworld would be the most distant, but only by a few minutes.

akyam

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at I-drive this past summer and it was great. Although I haven't stayed at either of the other 2 resorts I found that I-drive met many of the requirements that we were looking for. I have a 4 yo and 7 yo, and besides visiting the various disney parks (which we did 3 of the 7 days) there was more than enough for them to do. The kids both enjoyed the main pool and the kids play area. In addition, walking across to the Publix supermarket was very convenient.

As a side note we were told we could use the Parc Soleil pool, so we did that on 2 occasions. My daughter really enjoyed the water slide. PS is a little farther out it seemed as another poster mentioned.

We ended up getting a car for convenience sake, but when we 1st checked in at I-drive I asked about a shuttle to the disney parks and they had one. Not sure if that is a seasonal offering or not, but their shuttle made a trip to Epcot (I think) in the morning and one back in the evening. Not super convenient for us but it was at least an option and might be worth a call if you plan on trying to go it without a car.

keithinnate

Reaction score
what we are doing

we had exatly the same issue , we are due to go to orlando next month for 11 nights, with our two children ( 3 & 7 )..

in the end we decided to book 6 nights at Idrive at the start of the holiday( for the reported convenience in location to the outlet & stores ).. and then 5 nights at parc soliel at the end of the holiday, for a bit of added luxury to finish our break :)

poleary2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts. We were able to get a 2 BR at DVC in April. So we are set. However, will keep this in mind for future options!