• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie wondering about ROFR & Vilamoura

Sheera

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi
My offer of $11,000 for 8400 platinum points at International Dr Tuscany resort was accepted. This is my first try at timeshares. Think I'll have any trouble passing ROFR? As I was looking around here I saw Hilton exercised it back in September.

Also, I was thinking about going to Portugal in 2012 and was wondering if people have trouble getting into Vilamoura. Thanks
Tricia

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I was thinking about going to Portugal in 2012 and was wondering if people have trouble getting into Vilamoura. Thanks
Tricia

Not sure about your offer passing ROFR. As for Vilamoura, it really depends on when you want to go. If 2011 is any guide, winter is possible (there is currently some availability in January to early-March) but spring and summer may be difficult (nothing is available from mid-March thru August).

Sheera

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for Vilamoura, it really depends on when you want to go. If 2011 is any guide, winter is possible (there is currently some availability in January to early-March) but spring and summer may be difficult (nothing is available from mid-March thru August).

We'd have to go in late June or July so I guess if I can't get into Vilamoura I should be asking about RCI exchanges in Portugal. Anyone have any particularly good exchange there?

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
summer season at vilamoura is very difficult.
I would try direct owner exchange through TUG (there are several portugal locations for Four Seasons) or try RCI.
Welcome to TUG!

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, if you pay $15 and become TUG member (not guest), you can have access to "sightings board" which is far much worth than $15. Tuggers post new available exchanges (from RCI, II, SFX, etc...) there and you can ask what are available in portugal.
HGVC is a top trader in RCI, so you can see everything posted on sightings.

Sheera

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, if you pay $15 and become TUG member (not guest), you can have access to "sightings board" which is far much worth than $15. Tuggers post new available exchanges (from RCI, II, SFX, etc...) there and you can ask what are available in portugal.
HGVC is a top trader in RCI, so you can see everything posted on sightings.

Thank you for replying. I did join TUG and I am signed in so I don't know why I am listed as a guest. I'll take a look at sightings. Thanks

keithinnate

Reaction score
portugal

i own at vilamoura, and availability is at a premium there.

we live in england and its the resort we intend to use 90% of the time.. so i ended up buying direct from resort ( i know!! )... as there was no resale & the only way to get in there in the summer is to own.. and even then it can be hard work, this year i had to use a management favour to get the week i wanted

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We'd have to go in late June or July so I guess if I can't get into Vilamoura I should be asking about RCI exchanges in Portugal. Anyone have any particularly good exchange there?

Four Seasons Vilamoura. We used our HGVC points to do an RCI exchange there a few years ago. We thought it was wonderful! You can check out my review in the TUG reviews. Be aware, though, that for either this timeshare or for HGVC Vilamoura, I'd recommend having a car.

-Bob

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four Seasons Vilamoura. We used our HGVC points to do an RCI exchange there a few years ago. We thought it was wonderful! -Bob

Actually, there are three Four Seasons resorts in that area, and all three of them are nice.
Four Seasons owners have first priorities to see the available exchanges for other Four Seasons resorts in II and I saw summer weeks from those resorts. That's why I suggested direct owner exchanges through TUG, maybe OP and Four Seasons owner can arrange something together. Like OP reserve Disney resort through HGVC/RCI and the other Tugger reserve Four Seasons in portugal through II and exchange those weeks. There's no money involved and it is not renting an exchanged week.

Sheera

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, there are three Four Seasons resorts in that area, and all three of them are nice.
Four Seasons owners have first priorities to see the available exchanges for other Four Seasons resorts in II and I saw summer weeks from those resorts. That's why I suggested direct owner exchanges through TUG, maybe OP and Four Seasons owner can arrange something together. Like OP reserve Disney resort through HGVC/RCI and the other Tugger reserve Four Seasons in portugal through II and exchange those weeks. There's no money involved and it is not renting an exchanged week.
Thanks for the education... so much to learn, but very exciting!

Sheera

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four Seasons Vilamoura. We used our HGVC points to do an RCI exchange there a few years ago. We thought it was wonderful! You can check out my review in the TUG reviews. Be aware, though, that for either this timeshare or for HGVC Vilamoura, I'd recommend having a car.

-Bob
Thanks, Bob, we have had good experiences with Four Seasons in the past so I'm glad you like the ones in the Algarve area and yes, we'll certainly get a car. We are a family of 9 including my MIL who is Portuguese so we'll be doing a lot of driving around in the old 'hood. Can't wait! Thanks
Tricia