• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changed our summer to Marbrisa any info

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well we changed our plans from Hawaii to Marbrisa for the summer since we can drive and airfare to Hawaii is currently through the roof. For anyone who has stayed at Marbrisa over the 4th of July weekend what room or building should we request to get one with the least amount of foot traffic. Also are there nice fireworks displays nearby? Watching from the beach would be great since the resort is so close. Also where are the laundry facilities since I like to pack light?

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't believe no tuggers have stayed at the Marbrisa in Carlsbad.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I can't believe no tuggers have stayed at the Marbrisa in Carlsbad.

Sorry, I've never stayed there.

We have some threads from tuggers who have stayed at Marbrisa in Carlsbad.
For example - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118256&highlight=MarBrisa

However these tuggers may not have stayed at Marbrisa over the 4th of July weekend or had to seek out laundry facilities. [NOTE your original post states "For anyone who has stayed at Marbrisa over the 4th of July weekend ..."]

agentvo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there this past labor day weekend. There is one building that is separate from the main complex that I think would have minimal foot traffic but the drawback is that it is also furthest from the pool and amenities. The rest of the buildings center around the pool and bbq area which we liked.

There is one laundry facility per building and it is located on the second floor (ground level). We were in a 1 bedroom and were impressed with both the room and property. We definitely enjoyed the resort and look forward to staying there again next year to escape the Arizona summer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is only one recent review so I was hoping for some more current updates such as construction, building layouts, any buildings that have great views. Also we like quiet areas and do not like to have a view of the pool IMHO too much noise at night during the summer months at most resorts.

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is only one recent review so I was hoping for some more current updates such as construction, building layouts, any buildings that have great views. Also we like quiet areas and do not like to have a view of the pool IMHO too much noise at night during the summer months at most resorts.

We stayed here for a week in September. It was nice, but nothing that great, in our opinion. The views aren't really going to matter too much, as you are so far from the water. There is some construction down by the building that is not with the others, but nothing that would bother you too much. The phase that is finished now is quite small, 4 small buildings I think. Again, they are all close together, so layout is really irrelevant. Only a few units would have a few of the pool, which is no big deal anyways. All the units have one end on a not-very-busy street, so noise shouldn't bother you. We had clouds every morning until about noon or 1. I think that's been normal every time we've gone to San Diego. Overall it was fine, but we were surprised how small it was, small check-in "room", smaller pool etc. I hope I'm not being to discouraging for you, but that was our opinion. Probably will not go back again.

pacman

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Resort News

Here's what I found regarding the latest resort news....

As Pacman stated above, 4 out of the 27 buildings (Building 50, 53, 54 & 56) are completed. Buildings 51 & 52 are in progress.

Number of units available:
8 - Studio units
16 - 1 bdrm,units
8 - 2 bdrm lock off units
10 - 2 bdrm units
2 - 2 bdrm Luxury units
12 - 3 bdrm units

For more details see....
Construction progress at Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort - http://www.marbrisaresort.com/progress_update.aspx
Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort Fact Sheet- http://www.grandpacificresorts.com/owners/GPM_fact_sheet.aspx
MarBrisa Owner Connection Newsletters http://www.marbrisaresort.com/newsletter.aspx
Floor Plans - http://www.marbrisaresort.com/plans.aspx

Last edited:

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the links. I loved the map layout of the buildings. We are hoping the normal June gloom will be gone by the time we get to the resort. I wonder how different the dedicated two bedrooms are compared to the lock-offs? I only saw floor plans for the lock-off and it would be nice if the DS's each had a bed. They don't care much for sofa beds anymore.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks, for the links. I loved the map layout of the buildings. We are hoping the normal June gloom will be gone by the time we get to the resort. I wonder how different the dedicated two bedrooms are compared to the lock-offs? I only saw floor plans for the lock-off and it would be nice if the DS's each had a bed. They don't care much for sofa beds anymore.

You're welcome :)

Here are the room descriptions from ResorTime.

Two Bedroom Luxury Suite
2 BD Luxury Suite sleeps 6. Upgraded 3rd floor Ocean View unit with a king size bed in the master suite, a king size in the 2nd bedroom, and a pull out sofa in the living room. Upgraded amenities throughout the unit include fireplace, 42†flat panel TV with surround sound, ipod friendly alarm radio, infinity tub, wood flooring, stainless steel appliances, and upgraded furnishings.
27" TV, 42" Flat Screen, All Suites are Non-Smoking, Cable TV, CD Player, Complimentary Coffee Starter Kit, Dishwasher, DVD, Fireplace, Full Kitchen, Hair Dryer, Ironing Board with Iron, King Size Bed, Microwave, Ocean View, Plush pillows and pillow-top mattress, Pots & Pans, Queen Size Sofa Sleeper, Stove, Two Bathrooms, Washer and Dryer, Wi-Fi Internet Access

Two Bedroom Two Bath Condo sleeps 6
This fully equipped 2 bedroom condo sleeps 6 with king bed in the master and a double and twin in the spare bedroom and 1 sofa sleeper.
27" TV, 32" Flat Screen TV, Alarm Clock, All Units are Non-Smoking, Cable TV, Coffee Maker, Full Kitchen, Hair Dryer, Ironing Board with Iron, King Size Bed, Place Settings, Pots & Pans, Queen Size Sofa Sleeper, Telephone, Two Bathrooms, Wi-Fi Internet Access

Two Bedroom Two Bath Lockoff Sleeps 6
This fully equipped 2 bedroom condo sleeps 6 with king bed in the master and a queen bed and pull out in the spare bedroom and 1 sofa sleeper in the living room.
27" TV, 32" Flat Screen TV, Air Conditioning, Alarm Clock, All Units are Non-Smoking, Cable TV, Coffee Maker, Full Kitchen, Hair Dryer, Ironing Board with Iron, King Size Bed, Owner Rental Inventory, Place Settings, Pots & Pans, Queen Size Sofa Sleeper, Telephone, Two Bathrooms, Wi-Fi Internet Access

For additional room descriptions see - http://www.resortime.com/resorts/profile.asp?resortId=518

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
I will request the dedicated 2 bdr and hope for the best. :)

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We took a tour of Marbrisa when we stayed at Grand Pacific Palisades a couple of years ago. The Marbrisa rooms looked very nice. I believe that there may be a restaurant or 2 within walking distance. You will be a couple of miles from the ocean, but it is a quick drive and Carlsbad is a nice little town.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking forward to the trip we will be at the GPP in April as well. we had a RCI deposit that had to be used so off to southern cal twice this year.