• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[I edited your title as a test]

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
It seems like whenever I post an addition to a thread, you folks at TUG wipe out my title and substitute my login name. Why are you doing that?

...and you just did it again!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Bob - no one touched your post - apparently, you are posting your name in the title box, or your computer is somehow auto-filling it, but that would be some kind of glitch.

I just looked at your most recent posts, and I see some others - weird.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Bob - no one touched your post - apparently, you are posting your name in the title box, or your computer is somehow auto-filling it, but that would be some kind of glitch.

I just looked at your most recent posts, and I see some others - weird.

THat would be an amazing April Fool's joke, though.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Mod's don't play jokes on TUG.

Bob - I just edited your title with no problem - Below your post: click on EDIT and then GO ADVANCED, and see if you can edit the title.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not working?

1) Click on Edit
2) Click on Go Advanced
3) Delete the title
4) Type something in the title box
5) Click Save Changes

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I can't conceive of any way the bbs could be doing this to your posts without doing the same thing to everybody else's.

It seems most likely that this is something being done at your end, perhaps by software that autofills things for you, such as Roboform.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
presley

Try not entering anything in the Title. I normally never do and only did it this time to show where not to type anything.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
More information:

The first post of yours where I see this happening was on August 29, 2015, 07:47 PM (EDT).

It did not happen on your next post on August 31, 2015, 01:41 PM (EDT).

It returned with the next post on August 31, 2015, 03:07 PM (EDT)

All three were posted from the same IP.

So can you recall anything that was different on that middle post where it did not occur?

Possibilities that come to mind are:
  • Was the middle one posted from the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread display, while the others were posted via the full editor (accessed by clicking the Post Reply icon, or the "Go advanced" or "Preview Post" buttons in a quick reply). I suspect this because only the full editor give access to the Title field.

• Was the middle post made on a different computer connected via the same internet account?

• Your last post before this started was August 25, 2015, 09:23 AM. Did you make any changes to your computer between then and August 29, 2015, 07:47 PM? Program installation or upgrade, perhaps?
If you can narrow down when this occurs it might give a clue as to what you should be checking at your end.

Last edited: