• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fedility

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If the offer seems odd, it is probably a scam:

-Any upfront fees no matter what they are called
-Poor English skills
-Odd payment method
-They will send you a check and you refund part of it
-Their "agent, boss" or some other 3rd party will make the payment
-They are "hard of hearing," and can't talk on the phone
-Their emails seem "generic"

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other traits of a scam:

Offering to sell, buy, or rent for way above market value.
Saying the money will go into escrow.
Saying the broker is out of town and can not be contacted.

I guess the list could go on and on. :annoyed:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the time in this venue- you'll get standard scam warnings as your answer to just about any question. It's a quick and easy answer that doesn't require any real time from the moderators, and unfortunately many times it's the right answer. In this particular case- I don't think they paid much attention to your actual question.

I haven't worked with any agents from that office for the last few years (there has been a tremendous turnover there) and Thomas Kwock is a name I'm not familiar with myself but he shows as active since June 2015. You can find a list of the active agents for that office at:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=3870902

If you are concerned about the validity of the offer, call Fidelity directly at 800-410-8326 and either ask for Thomas or for Angie, the broker of record. That should confirm if it's a true offer, and not some con artist pretending to be a licensed agent.

As general info, there is also a thread on this website which contains information on a number of timeshare related companies. Not sure if Fidelity can be found there, but it's worth a quick look. You should also take time to check the Better Business Bureau for any recent complaints against the company. I'm not a huge fan of the BBB rating system, but it normally is an easy way just to check for unhappy customers. Links to both are below.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56
http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/...ity-real-estate-agency-in-orlando-fl-38000134

I hope some of the above is helpful.. And also- since the others forgot- I guess let me be the first to say "Welcome to Tug"..

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
Thomas Kwok is an agent for one or more of the timeshare resale listing sites.

I was communicating with him recently about a Divi unit listed on www.timesharesonly.com, but we decided to pass on the unit since the seller still had unrealistic expectations for a resale price. These sites charge sellers an arm and a leg to list so sellers think they have to sell for a lot to recoup the listing price AND their purchase price.

Long story short:
  • if you have ALREADY listed your unit then he's an actual RE agent and can legitimately sell for you
  • if he's contacting you TO list a unit, don't do it, it's not worth the price
  • if he's contacting you regarding an inquiry you made on one of the listing websites, he's legit