• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SCAM WARNING Timeshare Liquidation - Martin Management

Swanpointer

Reaction score
We attended a "seminar" held by Escape Resolutions. We agreed to pay them a fee to liquidate our timeshare. After returning home, we changed our mind and, via certified letters, asked for the return of our fee. We have not received any response to our request. We have been forced to file a dispute with our credit card, and claims with the BBB, Attorney General's Office, etc. FYI

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
these are common scams regularly warned about here on TUG.

very sorry that you were taken by them, and hope you are successful in getting your money back.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We attended a "seminar" held by Escape Resolutions. We agreed to pay them a fee to liquidate our timeshare. After returning home, we changed our mind and, via certified letters, asked for the return of our fee. We have not received any response to our request. We have been forced to file a dispute with our credit card, and claims with the BBB, Attorney General's Office, etc. FYI

At least you didn't wire money to an offshore account. Your CC company should be able to help you recover.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

So, I'll ask. What is the timeshare you elected to 'liquidate?'
Perhaps some of the good people here can advise you how best to sell, give-away, give-back or 'learn to use and love' so you can move forward.

Sorry you were bitten by the scam bug.
I hope you do realize that this was one of thousands of schemes to remove your money--but not your timeshare. Don't pay ANYONE upfront money--especially not until you fully understand the subject fully.
cheers.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way, if you start getting calls offering legal help to recover your money, it's the same scammers coming back for more.

sundayeve

Reaction score

A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend told me that he attended one of these seminars and that he signed up...$6995. After doing some quick research into the company and the man behind it (a convicted drug dealer), I told my boyfriend to get out of it. Also told him about Swanpointer's trouble getting a refund. So the boyfriend calls and sends email requesting a refund. At first they said "no problem, we'll credit back your account." Then a couple of days later they called back and said they would send a refund check instead. I told the boyfriend to call the credit card company right away. He didn't do it. So far no refund check received. Not at all surprising. Anyway, just wanted to add another warning to anyone who might be tempted by these charlatans. Swanpointer I'm curious to know if you ever got your money back?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Swanpointer's last activity here was the day they posted the OP. You might click their blue username and send an email.

Since they haven't been back, they either got the refund or gave up when told that we already warn others of these upfront pay scams.

Jim

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I told the boyfriend to call the credit card company right away. He didn't do it.

A phone call is not sufficient. Disputes are usually done either on the website where transaction is listed, or in a written letter. He needs to look at the back of his last statement and follow the directions. Typically, he has 60 days from the date of his last statement to initiate a dispute, but the sooner the better.

See: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/6-steps-getting-chargeback-1267.php

sundayeve

Reaction score

sundayeve

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend told me that he attended one of these seminars and that he signed up...$6995. After doing some quick research into the company and the man behind it (a convicted drug dealer), I told my boyfriend to get out of it. Also told him about Swanpointer's trouble getting a refund. So the boyfriend calls and sends email requesting a refund. At first they said "no problem, we'll credit back your account." Then a couple of days later they called back and said they would send a refund check instead. ... So far no refund check received.

Update: after six weeks of run around, Escape Resolutions sent a check for $1000 and said that cashing the check would amount to signing a new contract. Boyfriend did not cash the check but did finally file a dispute with the credit card company. He also filed consumer fraud complaints with the state attorney general for Missouri and the state we live in as well as the BBB. The credit card company was able to get the matter resolved and $$ credited back to the card. It took about 3 weeks for the credit card company to fix it. So, all's well that ends well, I suppose. Big lesson learned!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago having time on my hands and being curious what went on I attended a couple of the "Seminars" put on by those promising to extricate TS Owners from their Week for a fee.

Four observations: (1) those attending had no clue; (2) most of them were old, had used their Weeks for years and were wanting to move on; (3) those doing the presentation were smooth and lied a lot; and (4) it looked like a lot of those attending were happy to pay the fee and were signing on the dotted line.

George

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are so many timeshare "escape / liquidate / exit / disposal / relief" outfits that it's tough keep track of the players without a scorecard.

I do not and will not endorse any of these parasites, but some of the PostCard Companies (despite exorbitant costs) at least make some effort to find a legitimate new owner (...making even more money in the closing, of course). The "disposal" outfits that irk me most are the Viking Ship operations which make no effort whatsoever to achieve a legitimate transfer, but merely attempt to send an ownership off to "never never land", creating a legal mess and burden to unravel at the resort level. :mad:

Fortunately, many resorts have smartened up to the ways of the Viking Ships.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no clue they had a variety of options to get out of their timeshare they could utilize themselves for little to no cost!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had no clue as to what? The program they were attending? What their TSs were really worth? That their kids did not, in fact, have to inherit an unwanted TS?

All the above plus they believed it when they were told they could take a tax deduction in the amount of the cost of their Week plus the fee they were paying to extricate themselves. Basically most were clueless.

George

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score