• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone heard of Infinity Development of Chicago

barryinla

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have owned our Sunset Lagoon timeshare (Cancun) since 2003. Approached by this company (unsolicited) who wants to buy it for more than double what we paid for it. Their pitch is that they are acting on behalf of a company redeveloping property in Cancun. Obviously skeptical. What is curious is that they knew the legal title name on our deed. Are they legit?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
This is from memory .

TUG bargain bin ( free ) has had one recently and it may still be available
See : posted by djyamyam May 7 - still available May 25
Free-Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club , Cancun - 2 bedroom

I also believe I saw a week on eBay within the last month and it did not sell at $1 .

If they were legit you would think they would gobble all those up .

Chances are they say " no upfront fee " and when they have you hooked they will need ( phoney ) escrow , title search , transfer fee etc money from you .

Then they will disappear with your money and the TS will still be in your name .

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have owned our Sunset Lagoon timeshare (Cancun) since 2003. Approached by this company (unsolicited) who wants to buy it for more than double what we paid for it. Their pitch is that they are acting on behalf of a company redeveloping property in Cancun. Obviously skeptical. What is curious is that they knew the legal title name on our deed. Are they legit?

Agree with all others that this is bogus--a scam.
But to respond to your question in bold above, if you don't have an ad currently running, it is likely someone who was or is on the inside is selling customer lists. Not sure how else they can get this, unless you also use an exchange company, which would provide additional exposure for scammers within the exchange company.

timeshareles

Reaction score
I was approached this week (July 2016) by Infinity Development Inc. They were offering almost 3X what I paid for our timeshare at the Mayan Palace in 2011. Sounded too good to be true, right? So when they sent the Letter of Intent, and asked that it be returned so they could get back to their buyer "within 72 hours" I decided to research on internet. Found very little, other than this thread. So I called Mayan Palace customer service. They confirmed that people had been scammed - money up front, non-existent Mexican taxes, etc. etc. I'm just waiting for these jerks to call me back!

DO NOT fall for them. You can sign the letter of intent, then wait to see if they will ask for money up front. I'm going to tell them to take the money out of the closing, and send me the balance! Let's see if that flys! My guess is it wont'.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to tell them to take the money out of the closing, and send me the balance! Let's see if that flys! My guess is it wont'.

If you continue this conversation, their comeback will likely be that the Mexican government requires that you pay a transfer tax before the funds can be released to you. They might say that they have a cashier's cheque on their desk with your name on it but they can't send it to you until you pay this required tax. :rolleyes:

Patios

TUG Member
Reaction score
They contacted me too with a high offer.
Their Internet Domain was only created on 6/1/16. Not a good sign.
-----------------------------
Domain Name: INFINITYDEVTINC.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2032848746_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 2016-06-01T21:46:03Z
Creation Date: 2016-06-01T16:00:48Z
-------------------------

Their website is vague and talks nothing about timeshares. I would say this looks like a scam to me!!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
SCAM - Infinity Development of Chicago

I have been contacted by phone as well - July 2016

I have contacted Mayan Palace Member Services with details .

I believe some entity was hacked .

Ownership details were known that would be on a resort or exchange company member data base .

I am posting to warn anyone contacted by this SCAM
as their emails are well written etc .

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)