Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home | Resorts & Reviews| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  
 

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > All Other Timeshare Systems > Non-traditional Interval Ownership
Log into the TUG BBS:

Non-traditional Interval Ownership Discussion of interval ownership programs other than traditional timeshares (fractional ownership, destination clubs, etc.)

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW! Add a 'Timeshare Vacation History' link to your posts! Learn How

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Member Banner Travels the World w/photos! Follow the Banner!

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]


 
Forum Jump


Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23, 2015, 03:31 PM   #201
presley
TUG Review Crew: Veteran
 
presley's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Aug 20, 11
Posts: 4,678

Resorts: HGVC/GPR, Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentraveler View Post

Do we have the option to rent the other several nights through TUG or some other source? I know FS rents them when they are unused but have never thought of doing it privately. Don't want to break any rules, but just the 1 BDRM won't be big enough and the 2 BRDM will be too big for most of the week!
Since it is your owned timeshare, you can rent the days that you won't be using it. If you post in the Marketplace, you can set any price you want. You can also advertise on Redweek, craigslist and anywhere that doesn't charge a lot to list it.

When it gets down to the last 45 days before check in, if it still hasn't rented, you can post it in the forums rentals, but the maximum nightly rate you can ask for is $100.
presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2015, 07:09 PM   #202
zentraveler
 
zentraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 20, 08
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 181

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by presley View Post
Since it is your owned timeshare, you can rent the days that you won't be using it. If you post in the Marketplace, you can set any price you want. You can also advertise on Redweek, craigslist and anywhere that doesn't charge a lot to list it.

When it gets down to the last 45 days before check in, if it still hasn't rented, you can post it in the forums rentals, but the maximum nightly rate you can ask for is $100.
Thanks presley. I found the rentals section of TUG, but don't see Marketplace...?
zentraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2015, 01:03 AM   #203
Beefnot
 
Beefnot's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Oct 1, 11
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentraveler View Post
Thanks presley. I found the rentals section of TUG, but don't see Marketplace...?
http://tug2.com/timeshare-marketplace.aspx
__________________
"...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."
Beefnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2016, 07:12 PM   #204
zentraveler
 
zentraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 20, 08
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 181

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Question Help with villa location request at Aviara

Can anyone make a suggestion about what villa location to request for our first visit to Aviara. Owners for 20 years, but have never actually stayed there, but will be there for the week that includes Memorial Day in our 2 bdrm unit and have also rented 2 studio units for other family.

Priorities would be parking, BBQ access and quiet and a likelihood that all units could be in the same area. Always nice to have the fitness center and other amenities nearby but less important - we can walk!
zentraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2016, 09:53 AM   #205
GregGH
 
GregGH's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Oct 4, 06
Location: Kingsville, ON
Posts: 535

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentraveler View Post
....Priorities would be parking, BBQ access and quiet and a likelihood that all units could be in the same area. Always nice to have the fitness center and other amenities nearby but less important - we can walk!
I think the first item you want is to have the 3 units close ( preferably in same villa complex - please make sure you request this asap with owners services ). Most villas have 3 levels ( some have 2 ) and many have the upper as a one bedroom unit - leaving the mid and lower floors with two 2 bedroom units ( or lock off to a 1 bedroom and a studio ). The studio's are very large .. so you can party in the friend's rooms as well...:-)

I am confident you won't find a 'bad' unit. Some units appeal to some and less so for others ... example would be what level you are on and how you are handle stairs ( but since you said you can walk ...rule that out ) ... and stairs are only for one floor ( up or down ).

Another example of a 'weaker' unit might be ... in the Meadows many units back onto the pool area .. great for some and less so for others. The scenery from balconies is very nice - but over time you will develop your favourite views. 20 years an owner - think this will come to change once you stay here ...:-) and make this an annual event.

The fitness area's are smaller now and my wife meet people from the Meadows that came up to the Summit for Gym. But the Meadows has the new Spa and the Restaurant.

One point lost on many is to request the time you like maid service. Starts at 9:00 thru 4:00. Plan your time and activities to have this service as less of a disruption and more of a feature that is missed when you are back home. We smile at how many put up the do not disturb signs - they have not mastered the system to their max pleasure.

I can't think of many villa's that are far from a BBQ ( or the stand alone Washer Dryer rooms for the studio's ) ... you are typically spoiled here vs. compared to many high density time shares.

Speaking of walking ...a favourite walk is from the Meadows to Summit or visa versa ...the views are fantastic. Or need a lift - just call ( we always requested the golf carts vs the mini-van's - the choice as always if yours when at Aviara).

Enjoy
Greg
GregGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2016, 12:18 PM   #206
alwysonvac
 
alwysonvac's Avatar
TUG Lifetime Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Sep 11, 05
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,925

Resorts: Starwood, Disney, WorldMark, and Hilton
Here are links to the resort map and google map
RESORT MAP - http://www.fourseasons.com/content/f...ence_club_map/ (NOTE: The BBQ grills are indicated on the map)
GOOGLE MAP - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fo...ced4789d40e70e

Additional Notes
As Greg stated above if anyone has problems with stairs, you'll definitely want to request a street level units (and tell them about the mobility issue).
This is a dog friendly resort, so if anyone has allergies, please inform them about that as well.
Some folks don't care for the building facing Aviara Parkway due to the road noise.

Keep in mind the resort is built on a hill. The Meadows area is on the lower level. The checkin desk is in the Meadows. The Hyatt Hotel and other sections (Summit & Osprey) are on the upper level. Kingfisher Lane connects the the lower and upper levels.(see videos)
Videos
Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara - Inside Our Villas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuF_qbkhxIg
Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara - A Luxurious "Home Away From Home" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7geW9rl8EY

Have a great time
alwysonvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2016, 12:22 PM   #207
zentraveler
 
zentraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 20, 08
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 181

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGH View Post
I think the first item you want is to have the 3 units close ( preferably in same villa complex - please make sure you request this asap with owners services ). Most villas have 3 levels ( some have 2 ) and many have the upper as a one bedroom unit - leaving the mid and lower floors with two 2 bedroom units ( or lock off to a 1 bedroom and a studio ). The studio's are very large .. so you can party in the friend's rooms as well...:-)

I am confident you won't find a 'bad' unit. Some units appeal to some and less so for others ... example would be what level you are on and how you are handle stairs ( but since you said you can walk ...rule that out ) ... and stairs are only for one floor ( up or down ).

Another example of a 'weaker' unit might be ... in the Meadows many units back onto the pool area .. great for some and less so for others. The scenery from balconies is very nice - but over time you will develop your favourite views. 20 years an owner - think this will come to change once you stay here ...:-) and make this an annual event.

The fitness area's are smaller now and my wife meet people from the Meadows that came up to the Summit for Gym. But the Meadows has the new Spa and the Restaurant.

One point lost on many is to request the time you like maid service. Starts at 9:00 thru 4:00. Plan your time and activities to have this service as less of a disruption and more of a feature that is missed when you are back home. We smile at how many put up the do not disturb signs - they have not mastered the system to their max pleasure.

I can't think of many villa's that are far from a BBQ ( or the stand alone Washer Dryer rooms for the studio's ) ... you are typically spoiled here vs. compared to many high density time shares.

Speaking of walking ...a favourite walk is from the Meadows to Summit or visa versa ...the views are fantastic. Or need a lift - just call ( we always requested the golf carts vs the mini-van's - the choice as always if yours when at Aviara).

Enjoy
Greg
Thanks Greg and alwaysonvac! Yes, indeed 20 years and it is high time to stay there although 20 years of using it to go to Hawaii has not been bad either. (My sister owned a big house in Poway until recently and that became the center of gravity for family visits.) Now everyone is excited to come here and happy to have some more info about the lay of the land. Links and videos very helpful.

I appreciate the info for figuring out what wuuld work best to request and I figured it was time do that. And skipping the maid service!?! I can't imagine and I always make time requests at hotels and resorts. Usually it is only a mid-week cleaning - do they come more often here?

Am very excited to stay here and I suspect you are right that this will become an annual event. Was surprised to be able to book the Memorial Day week fairly late in the game, but am thrilled. There is a 5 month old in the mix now (the first in the family) so it will be fun to be all together. [Not sure if you know this are there cribs to request? I will check with owners services when I call....)

Last edited by zentraveler; April 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM.
zentraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2016, 03:11 PM   #208
zentraveler
 
zentraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 20, 08
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 181

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Follow-up

Had a lovely and helpful talk with a woman in Owner Services. Apparently I have good taste in villa locations (thanks to some help from my TUG buddies ) and I had picked out the exact same locations that are apparently the most requested as standing requests from the regulars - 25-29 and 46-47/50-51. It also seemed that the Aviara Parkway is not a requested location and quiet was one of the first things on our list too.

No idea what the priority is for assignments, but given that we are coming on holiday week, are 1 week owners, and have never stayed there, I don't expect to be anywhere but near the bottom of that list. Sounds like we may end up in Ospray which seems like it would be fine. Looking forward to staying (and they seem not only to have cribs, but baby gear I have never even heard of!)
zentraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2016, 08:10 PM   #209
GregGH
 
GregGH's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Oct 4, 06
Location: Kingsville, ON
Posts: 535

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentraveler View Post
........ And skipping the maid service!?! I can't imagine and I always make time requests at hotels and resorts. Usually it is only a mid-week cleaning - do they come more often here?

......)
Maid service every day ... for a 2 bbd unit is the better part of an hour ... so if you plan stuff in advance it works better. People who don't will put up a 'do not disturb' sign and drive the poor women nuts trying to spot a time to get in and do the work.

Love the video's - I had not seen them ...

ps - even the units along Aviara parkway are nice ... our first stay there we in these ... you are 100 feet above street level with nice views of the east. I think you will like it all ... enjoy.

Greg
GregGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2016, 08:01 AM   #210
alwysonvac
 
alwysonvac's Avatar
TUG Lifetime Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Sep 11, 05
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,925

Resorts: Starwood, Disney, WorldMark, and Hilton
Oops Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwysonvac View Post
Keep in mind the resort is built on a hill. The Meadows area is on the lower level. The checkin desk is in the Meadows. The Hyatt Hotel and other sections (Summit & Osprey) are on the upper level. Kingfisher Lane connects the the lower and upper levels.(see videos)
I just noticed a mistake. It's Blue Heron Place that connects the lower and upper levels.

Quote:
Looking forward to staying (and they seem not only to have cribs, but baby gear I have never even heard of!)
Yes, they have lots of stuff for the small ones - http://www.fourseasons.com/northsand...ns/highlights/
I suggest requesting Hypoallergenic bedding. We brought my niece when she was about 18 month old. We had the crib but during the night my sister brought my niece into the bed with them to sleep. My niece had an allergic reaction to the feathered bedding in the middle of the night.
alwysonvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2016, 12:39 PM   #211
zentraveler
 
zentraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 20, 08
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 181

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Thank you both! You undoubtedly know this, but the nearby Von's will deliver orders over $50 (easy to do) and there is Costco not far away. And the restaurant looks very good, so we will certainly not have any issues with food options.

Really looking forward to our first stay there!
zentraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]



Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7
BBS Software Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Editorial Content Copyright ©1993 - 2016, Timeshare Users Group
Customized for TUG by Makai Guy.