• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timber Lodge / In Less Time Closing LLC

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used Paradise Timeshare Resale in Lake Tahoe. They are located right next to the Timber Lodge. We purchased a Timber Lodge 2 bedroom unit in 2009 and used them. They were great and always seem to have units available for sale for all seasons.

You can always let them know what you are looking for and they will contact you when something comes in.

Monika

rjmill89

Reaction score
I am being told I would receive a check in 7-10 business days. I hope your not telling me I'm gonna have a problem with that? I used my credit card and they charged me the $1000 back in late August. Would I have any rights with my credit card since that charge was a few months ago?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd call your credit card company immediately and protest the charges. You usually have 60 days to challenge a charge.

larryallen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOBC x6, Westin Kierland x2, and we went to the darkside and bought points!
I'd call your credit card company immediately and protest the charges. You usually have 60 days to challenge a charge.

Yes. Call credit card company immediately.

rjmill89

Reaction score
Ok, I called my credit card company and they told me I have 30 days from when the title company informed me the sale did not go through. So I'm able to wait the ten business days they told me the check would be mailed to me. This company has until this problem with Marriott been very professional from all I could see. I'm just hoping they send my $1000 back.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, I called my credit card company and they told me I have 30 days from when the title company informed me the sale did not go through. So I'm able to wait the ten business days they told me the check would be mailed to me. This company has until this problem with Marriott been very professional from all I could see. I'm just hoping they send my $1000 back.

I think you were given bad information by your credit card rep. I would verify this information thoroughly, although it cannot possibly be correct. I have never heard of an issuing bank that will allow a dispute based on the the eventual action of a merchant. I think more than likely you were given their merchant policy on how long the Merchant has to refund your money, but this would have nothing to do with your protection on a dispute.

The governing law provides you with a 60 day window from the statement date that contains the charge. This could be a little over 60 days or almost 90 days, depending on the timing of your charge.

Your protected reason for filing a dispute is not receiving the goods or services. It really doesn't have anything to do with being informed by the closing company that the sale fell through. The two may seem like one in the same in your case, but the credit protection for a dispute doesn't need to concern anything except not receiving what was agreed upon.

If in doubt, file a dispute. I filed one on a reputable broker because they were taking too long and making excuses. I received the credit for the dispute and then another credit from the processing. Once everything was reconciled, with no input from me, I received another charge which balanced everything out. If you pass your 60 window you may not have any recourse except a lawsuit.

Some issuing banks may have a longer dispute window for good customer service purposes but most have the default.

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not wait 10 days to file a dispute the charge, I'd do it right now. Based on the feedback posted on TUG about this closing company, you can't believe much of anything they tell you. I can assure you that the problem was not with Marriott, it was with the closing company and either they are lying to you about what happened, or didn't promptly send in the ROFR info to Marriott. Marriott has no more than 2 weeks to exercise their option or waive it and my experience with them on Timber Lodge is that they have done it within a week, but I've always dealt with reputable closing companies that know what they are doing. If you don't get your money back from the credit card company, it could be months before they refund it and you may never get it back. Be safe and dispute that charge ASAP.

rjmill89

Reaction score
Well I am happy to report that I did receive a full refund from this title company. I was worried but it all turned out ok if the check clears!!!:annoyed: