• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A good get....

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I really don't mind that some folks like the stuff, we all have our favorite meals and different folks like different stuff. What I object to is calling it pizza. It should be something more accurate like Chicago Tomato Cobbler with stuffing or Deep Dish Mozzarella Casserole with Tomato and other stuff. How about Baked Tomato Soufflé or even Tomato and Cheese Surprise.

Agree. DH and I love pizza and thought we'd try deep dish and went to Giordano's based on someone's recommendation. Your descriptions are right on :rofl:.

Ingrid

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening....

I just love this place ..this thread has turned into a referendum on deep dish pizza...

ironically, never went for pizza...

Sunday Shaw's crab house

yesterday Carmine's on Rush

today Tavern on Rush

tomorrow cocktails at Jacobi reunion and then Second City Comedy..
Wednesday Closing Ceremony at Science Museum...

ACEP14 rocks...next year Boston 2016 Vegas.. 2017 DC (back to Foggy Bottom)...

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Chicago Pizza

I recommend Lou Malnatis for true Chicago deep dish pizza. Also, it is still a family owned company. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and both of my kids worked at a suburban carry out location through highschool and over winter breaks. They were such a great company to work for, and really treated the kids well. There is a reason there is always a long wait there!

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
good evening....

I just love this place ..this thread has turned into a referendum on deep dish pizza...

ironically, never went for pizza...

Sunday Shaw's crab house

yesterday Carmine's on Rush

today Tavern on Rush

tomorrow cocktails at Jacobi reunion and then Second City Comedy..
Wednesday Closing Ceremony at Science Museum...

ACEP14 rocks...next year Boston 2016 Vegas.. 2017 DC (back to Foggy Bottom)...
We'll at least you made it to one of my favorite places in Chicago, the Museum of Science & Industry. Also really liked the Field Museum of Natural History along with the Art Institute.

You should enjoy the comedy at Second City, which is in the old hippie area of Chicago back in the 60's: memories. John Belushi & Dan Aykroyd used to perform there.

Have fun :whoopie:

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree. DH and I love pizza and thought we'd try deep dish and went to Giordano's based on someone's recommendation. Your descriptions are right on :rofl:.

Ingrid

Ingrid, There is a big difference between deep dish pizza (Malnati's, Geno's, Uno's and Due's) and stuffed pizza (Giordano's). IMO, Giordano's pizza sucks but I love Lou Malnati's.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Ingrid, There is a big difference between deep dish pizza (Malnati's, Geno's, Uno's and Due's) and stuffed pizza (Giordano's). IMO, Giordano's pizza sucks but I love Lou Malnati's.

Having never heard of stuffed pizza, I have no idea what it is, but you are right, Giordano's pizza sucked. I have had Uno's pizza many, many years ago when they first came to SF and loved it, so was very surprised. I'll have to remember that the next time I get to Chicago.

Ingrid