• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Promo offer from Oceana Palms

myoakley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep getting phone calls from Oceana Palms offering a 3-night stay for 2 couples for $149. + a dinner at Donald Trump's private club. Of course, this requires attendance at a sales presentation. First the offer was for dates in June - too hot. Now, it is for the beginning of December. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten this offer and accepted it.

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
I was booking a Marriott hotel room and was given an offer, 4 nights in Orlando, 3 nights on HHI from 3 to 4 hundred dollars. I asked about Singer Island at end of January. I was offered 4 nights for $399, but it was a studio, my husband and I have stayed for a week in a studio at Ocean Pointe and I knew we would never do that again. (just too close for a week). To make a long story short I could add $199 and get a one bedroom at Ocean Pointe or $249 and stay in a two bedroom at Oceana Palms. I accepted the Oceana Palms. We stay from January 20 to 25 and from there we go to Beach Place Towers for two weeks in a two bedroom. This extends our vacation from January 20 to February 8th. We have to attend a presentation, they never said what the presentation was for, but I know and to be there for 5 more days was worth it. On Marriott's web page it is $509 a night plus tax. I have always wanted to stay there so I am giving myself an early birthday gift. (February is my birthday.)

Myoakley, your deal may be better than mine, but I decided to go for it. We may bring another couple and they do not have to go to the presentation.

Last edited:

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received the same phone call and explained to the caller we already had an ongoing Encore pkg to attend at OW next year. She said there would be no problem. When I went to book the owner pkg, all of a sudden it was a problem and we were not allowed to purchase. We ended up booking at Oceana Palms ,using our destination points and tacking on a stay at the beginning at the Marriott resort on Singer Island, using reward points. From there we'll be heading to Naples, then Orlando. This will all be in Feb. Trying out what it's like to be a "snowbird" in retirement!