• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

very sick, prayers and ideas

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I could use the tape to fall asleep and sleep deeply.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz, I'm so sorry to hear your having health issues. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping your doctors figure out for sure what's causing our problems and find a treatment that works for you soon.

Suzanne

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz, I hope that you're feeling better and that they know how to treat you. Hugs.

Sue

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I am better. That is the usual pattern of 3-4 days very sick and then recovering. I do have good doctors and have just requested the Lyme test. The mycoplasma has been diagnosed for years, I guess I wasn't understanding how serious it was and I also have antibodies to herpes 6 showing high levels of ongoing infection. I am thinking sleep is key as I don 't sleep soundly and I get overtired and this illness recurs. I have thought of psychological help, but the fever and chills would be a pretty extreme reaction. All my regular run of the mill lab tests are normal. I used a hypnotist tape personally designed for me to help with back pain and I decided to use it again and possibly purchase one aimed at learning to fall asleep and sleep deeply and heal. I have not been on tug much and it is good to be back.
Liz

You are correct that sleep is very key to our body's ability to heal. I watched a very interesting video a while back. It is a presentation from a neurologist who specialized in pain management. She rather accidentally discovered that the appropriate levels of vitamin D greatly influenced your ability to sleep. If she could keep the Vitamin D levels in a narrow range, sleep greatly improved. When sleep improved, the pain levels of her patients greatly diminished. She believes the published "normal" range of Vitamin D is far too wide. She advocates testing at least quarterly because in warm weather months, many people are outside more and get the correct amount. If the supplement level given in the winter continues into the summer for those who spend more time outdoors, D levels get too high and sleep suffers again. In other words, the symptoms for too much D mimic those for too little.
Here is one of her video presentations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH850CDQ00Q&feature=em-uploademail-subject5

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
I'm so sorry you're going through this Liz. My heart and prayers go out to you. Praying you feel better soon..............

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
You might want to look for a functional medicine doctor. They are very good at mystery ailments.

To reduce your body's stress and help heal you can do a try a few thing

Cut out all grains, dairy, sugar, soy.
Ppurchase some raw fermented vegetables (sauerkraut) to get the good bacteria in your gut. Start with a teaspoon or less before each meal. Progress up to a tablespoon.

Try for a month.

It can't hurt you and it will help your gut and liver.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to update my Tug friends. All my regular medical tests came back negative. The last one, ugh, a colonoscopy, I do tomorrow. The only possible diagnosis is the mycoplasma and the high antibody levels of herpes 6 and cytomeglevirus. I am know on anti-biotics for the mycoplasma and acyclovir 3 times a day for the herpes and I have been a lot better this past few weeks. I am just recovering since the last real episode since July 4, and it has been much milder and much more tolerable. I am supposed to be taking pro-biotics, I just forget because they are in the refrigerator.
Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I hope I am on the mend.
Liz

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Liz,
Happy to hear that most of the things turned out negative and that you now have a good handle on what was/is wrong.

My mom had CMV back in the early 1960's, and lived another thirty years!

Fern

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you're doing better. Pull those pro-biotics to the FRONT of the refrigerator!

{{HUGS}}

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Liz, thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are doing better and will keep you in prayers. Wishing you the best for the upcoming procedure and for continued improvement.

Mike

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope you continue to improve and grow stronger each day.

Dori